1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much would a site like this cost?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by abrusnahan, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Andreas_T

Andreas_T Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a lot more to this site than meets the eye. Sure, it doesn't look all that great; however, it has its own search engine, a store, dynamic article input ... If you can find someone to put this together for a song, just make sure that they're expertise is as they claim.

Andreas_T, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  2. jennpnc

jennpnc Peon

Best Answers:
    That site is seriously inconsistent with the colours, design, and I find all that content on the home page is very overwhelming.

There is NO DESIGN or creativity, only the decision of where to place place the text and images. I don't think it will cost a lot, you can hire offshore company to replicate this for you for $100, but that's not including the content itself. There seems to be a lot of content.

Although, if you add google adsense and style it to this basic design you can blend it in and generate a good CTR, if the site is optimized of course. I see a lot of basic "adsense sites" that look like this.

jennpnc, Jul 20, 2012 IP
  3. piyush.dcs

piyush.dcs Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you should get a wordpress theme which will have modern design and will allow all functions which the mentioned site has.

piyush.dcs, Jul 20, 2012 IP
  4. SeanSmith193

SeanSmith193 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This site not worth much.
    But, try to get a designer/

SeanSmith193, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  5. Bryan Zazz

Bryan Zazz Peon

Best Answers:
    guys, the customer wants "that", whatever "that" is.
    I wonder if it's good business practice to try to convince your prospect that he is wrong and he has bad taste.
    Think about it, you would not like such treatment either.

How about we call thet theme "vintage" ?

Regarding costs, just a reminder that a *free* WP install is not all there is to a professional site.
    I've compiled this for another project, but sharing it here as it might be helpful (see image below)

[​IMG]
    (I hope I did not miss anything important.)
    As you see, *free WP* still costs you $100/mo if you want to be a bit professional.
    hope this helps...

PS. a fast way to duplicate that site is to simply make a local copy
    (the "wget" command will do that for you),
    then edit/replace that content with your own original content.
    Running wget on my box won't cost you $300,
    but then anyone with a linux box can do that for free...
    I know, in the information age, knowledge is power ;)

Bryan Zazz, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  6. kyle.thomson.946

kyle.thomson.946 Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest thats pretty easy to make , Id use tables and iframes to position it all simple as that

kyle.thomson.946, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  7. parkerolsen007

parkerolsen007 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd make that site for you for 200$, give you supply the content. If you use a CMS, then you can update it super easily yourself and it would be really robust. If you're interested, give me a hollar!

parkerolsen007, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  8. huseyinyilmaz

huseyinyilmaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    good a seo optimision required must good a site

huseyinyilmaz, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  9. johnafeem

johnafeem Peon

Best Answers:
    $400-500 but websites seems to be bit different from traditional websites.

Very different graphics and not user freindly.

johnafeem, Jul 29, 2012 IP
  10. Scotty Mack

Scotty Mack Member

Best Answers:
    That site was built using UltraCart. It costs $49.95/month for small stores with up to 250 products and the price per month goes up from there, all depending how many products you have. You can see that it is UltraCart when you add a product to the cart because they are using the UltraCart shared SSL certificate instead of a dedicated SSL and the URL changes to an unltracart subdomain URL.

I'd use BigCommerce before UltraCart; though, not only is it less expensive but it is more modern looking, easier to use and has a TON of plugins available. There is nothing on that site that can't be done with BigCommerce.

And no, I don't work for BigCommerce. I test dozens of shopping carts out every year and, although BigCommerce has its handful of annoyances - just like every other shopping cart, it's still better than anything else out there - especially for people who don't know how to code.

Scotty Mack, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  11. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm so sorry but that is truly hideous!

There are plenty of attractive, easy-to-use 3 column WP themes that you can use for free, or use a paid one. Add colourful pictures and some ads as they have in your example and yours will look about a million times better. It'll function better, too.

Annea, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  12. Scotty Mack

Scotty Mack Member

Best Answers:
    Although I like WordPress for blogs, you absolutely cannot build a secure shopping cart with it. You'll waste tons of time every month patching security vulnerabilities with WordPress and will, no doubt, pay extra fees every month to your payment processor because it is not PCI compliant. That is, if you go with a real payment processor and don't just use PayPal. PayPal has its own issues, which I won't get into on this thread, but suffice it to say that you will lose at least 30% if not more than half of your sales if you only offer PayPal.

Scotty Mack, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  13. ramakrishnach

ramakrishnach Member

Best Answers:
    You can get it for $50 and even less.

ramakrishnach, Mar 20, 2014 IP