1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Much to Offer for Domains?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Nigan, Sep 18, 2019.

Hello everyone,,
    I was thinking about purchasing a four-letter .com domain. The keyword consists of the first initial of someone's name and a three-letter, very common Asian last name. I looked at the site, and it's only occupied by a domain parking webpage, with a link saying that it's for sale by "domainbrokers.com."

I looked at the Wayback Machine's archived copies of the website, and during the years the website was archived, in 2001-2002 and 2004-2005, the site was also occupied by only a domain parking webpage.

I'm only considering buying the site because I think it would be a unique birthday present for a friend cryptocurrency converter of mine who is a pretty successful computer engineer. It would only be for personal use, not commercial use, so I wouldn't be willing to pay very much. I'm thinking around $150, but I think that might be too low. I would definitely not be willing to pay anything more than $300, and even having to pay that would be a stretch for me.

Another possibility would be making an offer using my friend's full name as the keyword. That would make it 11 characters long. This domain currently has a blank webpage, and according to the archived copies has been occupied by a domain parking website for several years.

How much do you think either domain would be worth to the brokers. How much do you think I should intially offer, or am I being unrealistic?

Nigan, Sep 18, 2019 IP
  2. ezyweb

ezyweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So if the domain is owned by a brokerage then they probably won't let it go for less than $1000 even though the domain is not worth that much. Just offer $150 and see what they say.

ezyweb, Sep 18, 2019 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Those guys pay next to nothing for renewing domains and are therefore happy to hold onto them until they hook a fat fish. I've tried to get a domain from them for a few years - it's for a dead industry that still generates a few searches related to a family business. The value of those few leads is minimal and it's only worth chasing them because we'd incur no extra hosting fees and I can build the site. Needless to say the broker and I haven't been able to agree on a price. He still emails me once a year, I reply to that and we go nowhere.

sarahk, Sep 18, 2019 IP
  4. Wizarduk

Wizarduk Active Member

Best Answers:
    a name like that will fetch anything from £1,000 to £10,000 so best of luck you won't get it that cheap !

Offer your highest offer no point offering low ball offers

Wizarduk, Sep 19, 2019 IP
  5. Nigan

Nigan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you my issue has been solved,...

Nigan, Sep 19, 2019 IP
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You never had "an issue" in the first place, your attempt at spamming "currency converter" in your own quoted post is pointless, just like it was in the other threads you started:

In this quote you added "modbro kodi" to the original quote:
    In this quote you added two links:

Don't assume you're being clever by doing this because you're not.

malky66, Sep 19, 2019 IP