1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much time you spent for marketing your product, daily?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by princeonline, Dec 14, 2009.

1. zorro7444

zorro7444 Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you spend your time marketing? Geting backlinks and writing articles?

I have tried writing articles and that works pretty good, but I have found getting backlinks is a full time job. If you don't know what you are doing you can waste 40 hours and get no links. Directory submissions are useless as well becasue they don't accept your site unless you're already well known.

Forum posting is useful, but you really need to be an active member of the community. So if you have 15-20 categories of products, you could spend all day on 20 diff forums and then have no time for anything else.

Any tips?

zorro7444, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  2. Norebbo

Norebbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes - focus on your content instead. If your site is good, and loaded with killer content, you don't need to spend so much time on marketing. Give your users a reason to come back and/or link to your site.

Norebbo, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  3. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    For me:

3 hours per week on article marketing
    3-5 hours per week discussing in forums
    and about 1 hour per day on social networks

blogaboutnothin, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  4. pmt14

pmt14 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is why I love this forum. :) It seems like days on end.

Web Entrepreneurs Blog

Massive Traffic From Google in 15 Mins

pmt14, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  5. zorro7444

zorro7444 Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to agree with you because I know that is the best way. If your site is great everything else should work out on its own. However, for me it is not. I have a killer site in a highly competative keyword area: electronics. My angle is I provide quality, detailed, and free consumer reports with comparisons, prices, pretty pictures and all. Then I don't even show up in a google search. I am indexed and have about 8,000 forum members, but I don't show up anywhere when keywords like TVs, home audio, AV receivers are searched.

Then I look at a site like consumersearch.com and their content is out of date, with short useless descriptions. If you reaserch them on Alexa they have 2100 backlinks. Or look at consumerworld.og, I can't find one useful piece of info on their site, but they have 1000 backlinks and show up ahead of me. The point is, I have great content and I don't even show up in a search. Is it all about backlinks?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
    zorro7444, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  6. Cash Star

Cash Star Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say I spend about 1 to 3 hours a day.More if I have nothing else to do.

Cash Star, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  7. ItzPaul

ItzPaul Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not spending as much time as I should marketing my products daily. This is partly the reason why my income is the same for the past couple months and I'm not seeing an increase in my earnings.

I will start focusing on creating more and actually spending time marketing my products everyday.

ItzPaul, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  8. entrepreneur45

entrepreneur45 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm spending between 8 to 12 hours per day, but that's only because I recently lost my job, and have the time to devote to it. Not yet seeing an equivalent return for time invested, but I'm still a newbie marketer learning what works, and what doesn't, but my biz income is steadily growing!! =-) Would appreciate any tips on marketing, building my list, or how to grow my income faster anyone may have!

entrepreneur45, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  9. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Could be as much as an hour a day, finding a technique that works bet it blog commenting, article promotion, press releases and sticking to it

golfpro1, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  10. jamzzz

jamzzz Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends. The past weeks about 4-5 hrs a day due to my holiday

jamzzz, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  11. powfada

powfada Active Member

Best Answers:
    To little lol. I am around my pc all day but most of the time I am just idling. I would say I spend 2-3 hours at most per day. But I am in several niches so when your work it out for individual sites it can be very little time per site.

powfada, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  12. Ari_Gold

Ari_Gold Peon

Best Answers:
    Too much, but you got to put the time in to be successful

Ari_Gold, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  13. JayePause

JayePause Peon

Best Answers:
    If you think of it this way, maybe this will make more sense to you. The more time you invest in your business, the more money you will make. Most people don't understand this. This really is the key to creating a successful approach at making money online. Nowadays you see so many types of push button systems claiming to make you thousands of dollars in a few hours of work.

The sad reality is that these types of marketing approaches have been created to sucker you into their garbage repackaged product that is completely saturated by the market and doesn't produce very much of any income. The fact is that there are a lot of marketers online that are becoming more and more keen on these types of systems resulting in less people purchasing them. However there is always a sucker out there, looking for that magic button.

The more time you spend marketing your business in as many forms as you possibly can is what will allow you to make money. Building your brand is key to creating a following that will join anything you promote and launch as well.

JayePause, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  14. hinakhan

hinakhan Peon

Best Answers:
    Today world is all about marketing productions of some product or service is initial thing but take the project to its final shape is marketing and today there are so many platforms like mobile marketing, internet marketing with emails, press releases and social media presentation so to run profitable business there should be some serious research based work

hinakhan, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  15. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask yourself how much time do you spend a week or month and how much do you make. Add your time posting, promoting, checking stats, whatever you do and if all of it computes to a few dollars per hour you really should reconsider how you do things. All that wasted time for a few bucks is it really worth it? If so you need a new game plan.

gameutopia, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  16. accr

accr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    various time but every day, depending what other is on the task for the day..

accr, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  17. Omdayus

Omdayus Peon

Best Answers:
    To the present time that I use in marketing the product is still half the time, I hope not much longer full-time

Omdayus, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  18. Omdayus

Omdayus Peon

Best Answers:
    My main job is a teacher, then the time that I use is still very little, I think the time to prepare properly market the product as it relates to income plus.

Omdayus, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  19. chhikara

chhikara Member

Best Answers:
    No need to invest time. you just need good tricks which can send you good traffic.

chhikara, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  20. thunderbirds

thunderbirds Peon

Best Answers:
    8-10 Hrs a day

thunderbirds, Jun 8, 2011 IP