1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much time google take to remove indexed pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MdIsmailHossain, Aug 31, 2016.

Google indexed lots pages for my website. Previously those pages or links were providing 403 error messages. Now I have set up 404 page for those links. I want to know how much time google will take to remove those pages from their search result pages. I have already verified my site in google webmaster tool. I can’t remove those bad links from google webmaster tool because there are around 1850 links. It’s not possible to manually remove them from there. I already submitted a new sitemap for my site there. Is there any other task that I need to do to remove those pages from search result page?

Thanks.

MdIsmailHossain, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  2. USOpen2016

USOpen2016 Peon

Best Answers:
    In terms of time, that is a hard one. You need to wait for google bots to scan your site and those pages.

You don't need to do anything else, as long as those links have been removed from the sitemap, you just need to wait.

USOpen2016, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  3. tahmina Rimmi

tahmina Rimmi Member

Best Answers:
    hello md
    it takes around 24 hours to remove the content and cache from Google if the request have been submitted from Google webmasters tool remove request. But, i can take up to 5 business days to change the status to removed. The request usually expires before 90 days if page has been actually removed or redirected to another page.

Remove request has been designed to remove any sensitive pages being indexed by Google. So, the bottom line is it takes less than a day to remove the page from Google search result.

thnx

tahmina Rimmi, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  4. MdIsmailHossain

MdIsmailHossain Member

Best Answers:
    There are around 1850 links. Its not possible to manually remove them all. that's why i submitted a new sitemap there in Google Search Console. And i removed my previous all sitemaps. Then i manually fetched my site. It seems google removing 10 links in every 2 days.

MdIsmailHossain, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  5. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is what it is, just wait...
    Why is it not possible to redirect 1850 links?
    If you have wp, then they make WP redirect plugins, and
    you can redirect links in mass....

dscurlock, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  6. MdIsmailHossain

MdIsmailHossain Member

Best Answers:
    Its not in Wordpress. its in Squarespace. @dscurlock

MdIsmailHossain, Sep 1, 2016 IP
  7. George_Lucas

George_Lucas Member

Best Answers:
    It may take a less than a day of time if we manually fetch the link. No idea about automatic crawling?

George_Lucas, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  8. Endrue Wellton

Endrue Wellton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can disavow all unnatural links through Google webmaster tool. For more details visit https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2648487?hl=en

Endrue Wellton, Sep 14, 2016 IP
  9. samkyle1

samkyle1 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is not any time limit of removal of indexed pages from SERP. You've deleted all those pages, created fresh sitemap and submitted to webmaster tool. Now, you do not need to do anything, all 404 indexed pages will be deindexed and disappear from results automatically.

samkyle1, Sep 16, 2016 IP