1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much time for re-indexing ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by QubeSys Technologies, Oct 23, 2013.

I was just checking Google Webmaster tools and I found 102 duplicate title pages. Just fixed them all now.
    Shall I re-submit the site map again or how do we tell Google about the changes and then how much time does it take for them to clear SERPS cache and re-index re-count ?

QubeSys Technologies, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  2. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    hi,
    you know indexing is a bit slow and steady process. you are moving in right direction.
    keep it up. ...

dean1122, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  3. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no set time in Goggle for indexing or re-indexing. The time it does take depends upon factors such as popularity of the site, whether the content is crawlable and the structure.

karen9999, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  4. tanmay.kamath1992

tanmay.kamath1992 Member

Best Answers:
    reindexing is a slow process. When i redirected my site to my new domain with 302 redirect.. Google indexed it after a month!!

tanmay.kamath1992, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  5. XPEric

XPEric Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's no specific time Google takes to index a site. It's based on popularity, as well as a few other factors.

XPEric, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  6. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To the original poster, you have gor so many useless responses, some of them fake.

Your answer is YES, resubmit the sitemap. Even without it though Goole will probably find your pages. It recrawls the whole web at least once a month, so that's the most you typically have to wait.

The speed and depth of reindexing depend on your domain / home page PR (page rank). If you have more questions about this, you'll probably find the answers here:
    forums.seochat.com/google-optimization-7/google-crawling-indexation-101-a-324216.html

PhilipSEO, Oct 27, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ^ That or fetch as Google (under Crawl in Google Webmaster Tools) and submit to the index (when it's fetched there will be a button "Submit to index"). Or both.

ryan_uk, Oct 27, 2013 IP
    PhilipSEO likes this.
  8. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In most cases, I normally am able to get a site re-indexed within about 5 to 6 days, give or take a few days, depending on the size of the site and nature of the changes/updates made to the site.
    • Results may vary from person to person, it depends on how they go about the process of getting a website re-indexed

The SEO Man, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  9. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Re-submit the sitemap and remove the existing page cache via GWT. Maybe around 10 days or so.

rankwatch.com, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  10. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just submit your sitemap again and make sure your on-page linking is fine as well (since Google bots will follow your internal pages as well).

quiz, Aug 21, 2014 IP