1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much time do you spend for each article written?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Enero, Apr 5, 2008.

1. segzeey

segzeey Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depend on the type of article I'm writing.

segzeey, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  2. rustyc

rustyc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I usually spend an hour writing the article, then I put it away overnight. The next day I spend another half an hour doing a rewrite before I submit it.

rustyc, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  3. Oosha

Oosha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The time taken to write an article depends on the topic and length of the article. If it's related to the niche I specialize in, it takes an hour or less. For other articles that need more research, a couple of hours or even more.

Writing gets better with practice.

Don't be discouraged by the rates that are being quoted here. You'll have to fix your own rates depending on your capability and confidence as a writer.

All the best!

Oosha, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  4. jmccarthy1948

jmccarthy1948 Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, if it pertains to an area I have a lot of knowledge in, then it is a pretty quick process (about 1-2 hours for a ggod article). If it is an area that I less familiar with, then there is research and learning to be done first, then writing hte article. That would probably take a couple of days.

There are lots of offers on the web for 'article writing software', but I personally think that is not a very professional way to go if you are looking to truly diferentiate yourself. You need to take the time to put "you" into the article, and simply replacing a bunch of words is not going to get that done.

Jim

jmccarthy1948, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  5. pioneer1

pioneer1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It can vary from a couple of hours to days.

Depending on niche and research that is involved

pioneer1, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  6. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Peon

Best Answers:
    1. one hour per 1000 symbols
    2. half of that time is spent on research
    3. spell check ;)

Perfectionist, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  7. boron

boron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A week for one 1,500 words health article. I usually search through 30+ sources for every article, since I want to provide accurate and up-to-date information.

boron, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  8. wilhb81

wilhb81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, for a 500 words article + 30 minutes research, it took me about and hour to finish...

Mostly will write short article without further research, coz the research did cost us many effort on it.

wilhb81, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  9. Shubi

Shubi Guest

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the number of words you are supposed to write. the amount of research to be undertaken depends on the complexity of the topic in question. if it's something you know very well, it should not take you more than an hour to write about 300 words. The idea is to keep it straight and simple!

Shubi, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  10. joeypbg

joeypbg Peon

Best Answers:
    Even though you can churn them out really fast , the quality really is dependent upon your competency and of course the dreaded deadlines. If i have all the time in the world i really take my time. Research by reading a lot of sources help me find cohesiveness in my writing a lot faster. So just go out there and write, write , write.

joeypbg, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  11. dhanushka7171

dhanushka7171 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have spent up to 1 hours for normal article.But its depends on words,article length and ect..

dhanushka7171, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  12. CaffinePhil

CaffinePhil Banned

Best Answers:
    To say I have 3 blogs, not very long at all, maybe 30 mintes a day. (Obviously all the blogs are not updated daily).

CaffinePhil, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  13. speedppc

speedppc Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on what it is, I usually spend an hour to a day on something. It's always good to let it rest overnight and read it fresh the next day too! I tend to write almost stream of consciousness at first, just spit out ideas, knowledge, experience. Then I'll do a bit of research and fill in any blanks while I'm editing and shaping it.

speedppc, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  14. minasiin

minasiin Guest

Best Answers:
    about 2 hours

minasiin, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  15. mcar2185

mcar2185 Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on inspiration and the topic at hand. If I'm inspired and know the topic really well, I can write 2-3 articles per hour. If it's a harder topic that requires a lot of research, it can take several hours.

mcar2185, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  16. snarke

snarke Peon

Best Answers:
    Like others have said, it depends on the kind of article it is, whether or not I have any expertise in the subject, etc. I have noticed a sizeable difference in the amount of time it takes me to write content now as opposed to the amount of time it took when I first started freelancing a year ago. I'm much faster now than I used to be...though I do have those days where I spend way too much time staring at the computer trying to come up with that first sentence. :)

As for article software, I just won't use it. It is painfully obvious which articles are written by people and which are "written" with software. I don't want to risk my reputation. I'd rather lose some sleep to write an article myself than to rely on the software creating something worth reading.

snarke, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  17. anthonyn

anthonyn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If for example I have to write an article containing 500+ words, the method that I use is as follows:

1) Make my own online research or offline research to collect information about a particular content, with a particular topic in mind.
    2) I remove printouts of various researched printed matter.
    3) I will then go through the content and understand the various point of views.
    4) I will then start writing in my own words, on a blank sheet of paper.
    5) Finally, I will type it in word format and deliver the content to the respective client

It takes 1hour to research various content with regard to a particular topic.Another hour goes for just thinking and writing an article of 500+ words.Yet another 30 to 45minutes will go for just typing an article containing 500+ words.

In short, It takes about 3 hours of hard work to make one article containing 500+ words.

All my articles are self made through my hard work.

anthonyn, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  18. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Special software? Do you mean generally speaking? Or one of those that supposedly rewrites articles by mixing up the words?

You're right, some articles are a whole lot of work, but some are simple as can be. Re the amounts offered for writing services online these days, it isn't worth it when the pay is only a buck or five. The cost to run your computer, not to mention your time, would put you at a deficit.

The saddest part about the low pay offerings is that as long as people are willing to work for next to nothing, that is where the pay range will continue to sit. It's too bad that it's come to this.

There are better paying markets, like magazines (online & offline), newspapers and the like. Perhaps you can find something there.

Good luck with your writing.

Annea, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  19. madmax728

madmax728 Banned

Best Answers:
    Description - 10 min
    Supporting Paragraphs - 20 min
    Summary - 10 min

That is the approach I use for every article

madmax728, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  20. chillingbreeze

chillingbreeze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends upon the subject knowledge you have and ease of topic

If the topic is new for a writer, it may take hours and days to have that quality

If the topic is known and writer holds a sound knowledge then it shouldn't take more than an hour. Draft the structure and sub-headings, support those sub-headings with relevant points and conclude with a convincing message. It is always better to sit on the article for a day. You will feel like editing, adding, trimming your article next day. No doubt, a quality copy comes up if given time and interest. One must be a critic to get the best out of any copy.

chillingbreeze, Apr 24, 2008 IP