1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much the best price for an article?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by subagio, May 27, 2009.

hi all,

i just want know, how much the best price for 1 articel.
    somebody sell it for $4 or $5 it's to expensive or just the average

thanks

subagio, May 27, 2009 IP
  2. gonig

gonig Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi , first of all it varies from the quantity of the words.
    I can write you 500 words articles for 2.5$/per one.

pm me if you are interested.Regards.

gonig, May 27, 2009 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It depend to the length. If you sell at DP, The standard price is $0.01 per word

lifeplayer, May 27, 2009 IP
  4. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen a lot of writing here that wasn't even worth $1 per 500-word article.

Asking what the best price for "writing" is like asking what's the best price for art or land in general.

You need to be more specific.

marketjunction, May 27, 2009 IP
  5. cyber_demon12

cyber_demon12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles differ by the length of the article and the demand for the article. Its like buying stocks, but with different things. Like the demand for a certain stock and how many people have it and such... Not too much sure about stocks, so sorry because its a poor example. :/

I pay $0.01 per word for an article. So a 300 word article is worth $3. So those that you saw that were for $4 or $5 were maybe 400 or 500 word articles. Just remember to get the good ones. lol

cyber_demon12, May 27, 2009 IP
  6. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to buy, the sky is limit (or earth the bottom... depends how you see it), it all varies on the degree of expertise you need and the level of quality you can afford.

If you want to sell... for the love of everything sacred in this world... don't.

Regards, George

geegel, May 27, 2009 IP
    EbooksAndArticles likes this.
  7. 212articles

212articles Peon

Best Answers:
    For an article of 300 to 500 words $0.01 per word is fair enough but the articles over 500 and series of articles need to be paid more...

212articles, May 28, 2009 IP
  8. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to burst the cheapskates' bubbles, but the industry standard is around $3 per word for articles, generally speaking. Of course, you're not going to get industry standard writing on DP. That said, I still nearly faint every time I hear someone complain that $.01 or less per word is 'too expensive'.

Senobia, May 28, 2009 IP
  9. teddypicker

teddypicker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How much your own writing is worth is dependent on its quality - you need to judge (whether you're the buyer or the seller) and a make a decision from there.

teddypicker, May 28, 2009 IP
  10. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    boy, are YOU on the wrong forum.

contentboss, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  11. The Villa

The Villa Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the article price should depend on the quality of the article. In the good old days, top quality 500 word articles could fetch around $10 but some can now go for $3 to $5. These articles should have near perfect grammar and should contain useful information.

Getting writers who accept lower rates COULD mean they produce articles that are of lower quality. You get what you pay for. This is not always the case though.

The Villa, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  12. kawel13

kawel13 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    average $1 for 300 - 500 words

kawel13, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  13. HQ Content

HQ Content Peon

Best Answers:
    The price of your articles should depend on the quality that you offer. If you write an article that's only worth a dime, then that's probably what you'll get. If you write well enough that your article commands $25, then you should be paid accordingly.

Who determines the quality you provide? Both you and the buyer.

You know how well you write before you offer your services. If it's crap, then you shouldn't try to pass off your services for 3 and 4 cents per word. But, if you write articles that are engaging and draw people to take action, then you may well be able to earn much more.

Of course, you have to seek out your clients carefully. If you deal with clients who have shallow pockets, then don't expect do be paid a fair amount.

HQ Content, Jun 2, 2009 IP
  14. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The quality of the writer, the question of whether or not they are native English (or can pass as native English speakers), and the current work load will often dictate what people charge. I know a lot of people are saying $0.01 per word is the standard, but I wouldn't work for that. I charge between $0.02 and $0.04 per word, depending on what the content is. Sales copy is always higher, and bulk orders get reduced rates.

oo87, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  15. outspan

outspan Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's a "cheapest price" and a "best price"... the cheapest you can find on this forum is about 0.5c/word, while the "best" price highly depends on quality... for instance, I charge about 10-15c/word for sci-tech and finance pieces.

outspan, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  16. Zellach

Zellach Peon

Best Answers:
    It's always a trade-off between quality and price. If you want to charge more you need to build a reputation as a great article writer.

Zellach, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  17. Henry Andersson

Henry Andersson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the informations. Now i know the price of my articles!

Henry Andersson, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  18. Domainholder

Domainholder Peon

Best Answers:
    Because we are also looking around for writers for our webmaster blog, I thought I jump in and join the discussion.

I think it’s better to pay writers by the hour instead of per word. Sometimes you just need a great article and if that takes 3000 words so be it. If the writer is highly creative and can fit all the information in 1000 words that’s even better.

Sometimes the articles that are send to us seem to be incomplete. Most of the time this is because the writer just wanted to write around 400-500 words and nothing more. And if you request an article with too many words you will risk getting articles where writers just use words just to reach their word count when you can easily omit these words.

Anyways, I am fully aware that some people prefer to pay or to get paid per word. But I think paying per hour is something you should consider as well.

Domainholder, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  19. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    3$ to expensive :) from where you from ?from wonderland?

redhits, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  20. steveD98

steveD98 Guest

Best Answers:
    If you want a decent article you need to pay about $7 per 500 words. If you don't mind to wait a week or so then there are great services out there that can give you cheaper rates. It DOES take time to find a GOOD and CHEAP writer. Good luck!

steveD98, Jun 21, 2009 IP