1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much space/ bandwidth does a flash arcade website need?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by bluesinjid, Sep 4, 2010.

Hi, I am almost buying/creating a flash arcade website, you know like addictinggames.com.

How much space and bandwitdh would you need to have to host all the games on your server?

bluesinjid, Sep 4, 2010 IP
  2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Member

Best Answers:
    That is not the easiest question to answer for anyone :)

Space completely depends on the size and the number of the games you are planning to upload on the server. Bandwidth completely depends on the traffic your website will receive and what they do.

So this is not the easiest things to guess. However, once you start with the actual hosting, you will get a clear picture in a month or two.

madaboutlinux, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  3. daredashi

daredashi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i was having simple arcade game site with about 1000 games. It was taking about 6GB of space & about 50 -100 GB monthly bandwidth for 200 - 300 daily visitors.
    i stopped updating games from mochi media or other sources because of high disk usage. I have seen Games pack with 4000 games around 15 GB space.

daredashi, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  4. The Simpleton

The Simpleton Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's better that you go in for an unlimited package from your hosting provider. Game site traffic will always be fluctuating and if you're on a limited package you may find that you're running a little low on bandwidth sometimes. So to be on the safe side, prefer an unlimited hosting package. Your site should be able to return your hosting investments pretty soon!

The Simpleton, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  5. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 4GB space and 40GB bandwidth.

agentmanningctu, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  6. Jkie Reborn

Jkie Reborn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to my hosting experience as iam webhoster and vps seller above config would be okay with some 10k visitoes per month but if there a lot of flash files i think you just need to increase the diskspace 40 gb bandwidth is enough for that

Jkie Reborn, Sep 9, 2010 IP