1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much revenue do you get from Froogle?

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by Merchantprince, May 7, 2005.

Last week I applied and was granted inclusion. This week I uploaded my first feed and am awaiting it's review. I have an electronics site with about 250 items at the moment. More than half the merchandise I price-checked prior to listing on my site, insuring my prices are equal to or lower than the best prices on Amazon.com.

I'd like to know if anyone else is in a similar situation and can give me an idea of how much traffic such a Froogle account might generate. Given what I've stated in regards price and inventory volume, what kind of impact can Froogle have?

I've never done this kind of comparison advertising before, so I'm curious to hear others' experience with Froogle. Thanks.

Merchantprince, May 7, 2005 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using Froogle for about a year now. It brings a small amount of traffic and a few sales but I don't think it has fully caught on yet. You can't beat the price and all you have to do is update your feed at least once a month.

I wouldn't pay for Froogle, but I am selling a specialty product that is ranked very well in all the search engines, so my conversion rate may be lower on froogle because I think my customer looks at google, then froogle because they are still looking for something they haven't found.

When it comes to electronics, I look at Amazon and PriceGrabber, CNET, etc. Froogle is good for pictures, but I'm not looking for a picture, rather specific model numbers.

mjewel, May 7, 2005 IP
  3. Merchantprince

Merchantprince Peon

Best Answers:
    I myself didn't really pay attention to that little shopping bag below the premium advertisers until recently. Perhaps other people tune it out as well.

I'd like to get into PriceGrabber, Amazon and Dealtime, but don't know how. I understand they are PPC driven, at least I hear that about Pricegrabber and Dealtime. I've never tried selling consumer products from a large inventory before, so all of this is new to me - from comparison engines like these to the way I advertise on Adwords.

Merchantprince, May 7, 2005 IP
  4. S.Phoenix

S.Phoenix Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazon is not PPC.

Amazon is PPA. Pay per action. It is based on comissions.

S.Phoenix, Jan 18, 2007 IP