1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Much Money Do You Spend Monthly On Link Building?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by blogideas, Apr 17, 2012.

I'm curious to know how much you guys are spending each month on link building?

I currently don't spend a penny on link building and prefer to use free methods to get links. I realize the downside is that it takes more work and requires a longer amount of time to rank, however I'm in it for the long haul and focus on creating quality content for all of my blogs. While I may have a sales pitch here or there, the vast majority of my content is written to be directly useful to my readers. With that, my focus is to build long-term lasting relationships that positively influence people.

Enough of my strategy, what are you guys spending?

blogideas, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  2. JakMike

JakMike Peon

Best Answers:
    I signed up for receiveing 30 Backlings per month for 5 USD. Thats not much but their are quality and high PR backlinks.

JakMike, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  3. blogideas

blogideas Peon

Best Answers:
    Who are you using?

blogideas, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  4. locke815

locke815 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't pay for link buildings. I just do it purely in white hat structure. Creating mutual partnership within my niche.

locke815, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  5. oandw

oandw Peon

Best Answers:
    Well there are many SEO experts who charge different prices but you must understand that if you want results you need to be willing to pay what it takes to get results. That does not mean that it will be expensive but just make sure your sites are profitable enough for you to have the ability of outsourcing SEO.

Hope that helps!

oandw, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  6. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    And you cannot find which niche is profitable unless you through in some cards. Every Business has some risk and so do Internet Marketing and SEO outsourcing. I have a site which is showing 60,000 Monthly search in google adwords tool and hopefully my site is ranking number 1 for that keyword but i rarely get 700 Uv in a month.

imranamen6, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  7. upbiz

upbiz Member

Best Answers:
    I dont pay for link building . i always use 2way link building .

upbiz, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  8. MistaOptimiza

MistaOptimiza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there, there was quite some buzz goin on regarding some link networks out there. I think it was late march when BuildMyRank and some others got punished by Big G...pretty bad...I thought about testing BMR but luckily I didn't...I did test some other networks though but stopped after hearing about the latest Google updates. I think I will stay away from networks and use other backlink marketplaces out there...and if you ask me there is only a handful that seem legit. You got LinkWorth (good if you want to stay on US soil with your online marketing), you got TextLinkAds (I haven#t heard a lot about them during last year so really can't say anything about them) and there are some new ones popin out the ground like mushrooms. Personally, I have had some great results with teliad, they got some great inventory (mainly European markets) but that works for me as I am trying to sell my products overseas.... Any experience with those? oh...and regarding the spend... for my site (pr2, decent factors...) I am investing around 400 bucks per month but it is well worth it....

MistaOptimiza, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  9. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I spend about 10% of the income from my site on link building, mainly on link purchase only

lifeplayer, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  10. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i don't pay any. i do my own, but concentrate mainly on adding content.

bigcat1967, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  11. mbitsol

mbitsol Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't spend a penny on backlinks because i can do it my self.

mbitsol, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  12. JW1981

JW1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    I spend zero dollars on it. What I did for my hobby site, and it worked, and it's the same marketing strategy used by sites like AppSumo, joined a ton of forums in the same niche and posted useful comment. Many of these sites allow you to post a link back to your site in your signature line. Since many of these sites in this niche have been online for a long time when Google sees their incoming links Google get's happy. Of course this takes time, but I got to build solid friendships with people in this niche and this prompted them to advertise my site, my FB fan page, and I got a ton of new traffic. Being a hobby site I have no intention of monetizing it, and I don't even have an aweber box on it. A friend at work used the same technique to generate business for an ultralight kit company he launched. His only problem, he got too much business and had to turn people away.

JW1981, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  13. JW1981

JW1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    On a separate note, Blog Talk Radio and Youtube. Believe it or not if you use these two sites, you will get a ton of hits. These two sites when used correctly can boost your page from obscurity to page 1 top of the page. It'll take some work though, but you can outsource the video creation to make it look spiffy. (Yes I said spiffy.) The key to using these two, PROVIDE QUALITY CONTENT! Once you start providing great content on these two, people will flock to your site. And don't forget Facebook Fan page building. Spending a little bit on advertising with facebook ($35) can generate a lot of hits on your fanpage and if you've designed a good fanpage you'll get a ton of likes. By good I mean sticky. I made a website July last year with a fan page and a specific account just for the site. I got into to doing other things, and work made me busy, so I forgot about it. With NO advertising I have over 700 friends added. I have more to add but I got bored after adding a bunch. I posted a little bit this month and that generated over 100 more friends in less than two weeks. If I had advertised that number would be 100x greater. Right now I could easily monetize the fanpage and I may do so. I'm not sure just yet as I want to see if I can generate even more hits by posting daily to the fanpage.

The point is, there are many free ways to generate high quality backlinks. No need to spend money on it.

JW1981, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  14. im108

im108 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have purchased links for years but seldom got results that stuck. The links and the rankings would disappear.

Now I do my own link building using various posting software, so my cost is basically renting good quality proxies.

But I can't over-emphasize the need to have a very good site:
    - good and on-going keyword research
    - good site content which means USEFUL to the prospective customers
    - original, well written content
    - good keyword placement
    - basically do all the usual On Page factors

Then for Off Page Optimization start building links from "all over the place"

OK I have over simplified it, but I hope this helps you a bit.

All the best,
    InternetMarketing108

im108, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  15. blogideas

blogideas Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, very good information there. Even though we hear it all the time, it still gets overlooked.

blogideas, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  16. bestwater

bestwater Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I create all my links naturally. I am very skeptical when it comes to paying someone to get links for me, especially with google panda still alive. I know my way is longer and harder but i don't mind that for now. In the future i will pay for a few directories but only after doing my due diligence .

bestwater, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  17. netyards

netyards Member

Best Answers:
    10% of my income is spent on link building.
    20% on contents
    30% on website optimization (everything else)

netyards, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  18. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Approximately $2,000~ per month, most of these costs are in house, though.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  19. Fahey

Fahey Peon

Best Answers:
    I spend on average 500 dollars, roughly 5% of my income

Fahey, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  20. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Most will spend in the hundreds of dollars range for links each month. You can at this point build too many links too quickly and be penalized by Google. It isn't so much about the number of links now as it is about the quality of those links. Natural link building is best but many still spend in the $1000's per month and don't even really know what they are getting in return for that expenditure.

JPC-Sabrina, Apr 19, 2012 IP