1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Much Money Do I Need To Start PPC Marketing

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by mushu, Nov 25, 2009.

Hello guys,

I am planning on trying PPC. My questions are from your experience:

1. What is the minimum money i need to invest in order to start making profit? (Approximately)
    2. Can direct linking work or is it better to go with landing page?
    3. How long does it take to learn all the necessary tips and tricks to be successful?
    4. What are the different factors that will make you successful or NOT, and how do you know when to stop if its not going ?

Thanks in advance

mushu, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  2. 0k0

0k0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking the same, I guess I'll get my answers. :)
    Also, I would add to the questions above:
    5. Which programs are most effective for keyword search?

Thanks!

0k0, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  3. affiliatenewbie

affiliatenewbie Peon

Best Answers:

Budget depends on your capacity. I started with a moderate budget of $500/.This is not the key. Go to PPC only if you know the basics and only on tested products. Always use landing pages.

The third question is highly subjective. I have read newbies making here huge wind falls and seasoned ones trailing.

Selection of products , right gravity,landing page, country you target and the key words matter most.this is easily said than done.

If the ads are targeted and the product is convertible you would find the results within a couple of days. I have not tried any products for more than a week if it failed and also if there was a convertion of less than 2%. As my name suggests, I am a newbie, but this feedback is from my Book and not borrowed. Suggestions are welcome so also corrections !!

affiliatenewbie, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  4. rana.infotech99

rana.infotech99 Peon

Best Answers:
    My budget is Rs.500 INR

rana.infotech99, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  5. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    Conversions about 1.5% are NORMAL and very, very often observed especially with clickbank products.

--> Look at what ONE SALE actually pays out
    --> Look at your BID costs per click
    ---> USE YOUR BRAIN and do simple math.

Direct linking will also ultimately bite you in the *** since Google will likely slap you with even HIGHER bids because your quality score will drop.

I see many newbies "attempting" to do clickbank and Adwords, but after over 2 years i say:
    DONT DO IT...save the money, use the money for SEO, make some nice review sites and rank them high in Google. Write articles or use the money you would otherwise spend on adwords to pay some people for articles, link building, backlinks.

Learn keyword research, get Market Samurai, KE research module is FREE. As a newbie, the likelihood is VERY high that only Google will laugh at the end you lost all your money to Google.

G.

GeorgR., Nov 25, 2009 IP
  6. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can start off with $30 on search marketing and I'd recommend you start with Yahoo instead of Google.

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  7. quicksilver101

quicksilver101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Free Tip: Don't Do It. Adwords is good for physical products - not digital!

Don't get me wrong - some people can convert - but your efforts are better spent elsewhere :)

quicksilver101, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  8. rana.infotech99

rana.infotech99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is very smart, It can spend as much as you like. Depend on your budget.

rana.infotech99, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  9. apples2

apples2 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're as inexperienced with Adwords as you say, you're going to lose money. Part of the learning process. If you don't have the stomach to take the loss while you adjust your campaign it's going to be painful.

It's not a game and it's not going to be easy. A lot of experienced people are waiting for you. It's actually kind of funny when I see a newbie bid me up to $2.00 a click. Most can't take the pain.

Don't bid on India or Nigeria. <--- There you go. Just saved you $80 of your budget.

You're welcome. :D

apples2, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  10. affiliatenewbie

affiliatenewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said George! Once bitten twice shy . I am on the same boat .

affiliatenewbie, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  11. mikeyman120

mikeyman120 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Adwords is a beast that eats cash all day and night. Your learning curve could cost you thousands. Hard to say how much you'll have to spend until profitable. If you don't do your keyword research wisely it could cost you plenty.

Mike

mikeyman120, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  12. Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with most of whats been said.

Starting off in AdWords can become a VERY expensive excercise. If you really want to start with Google, i suggest you start with alot of long-tail keywords with costs under 5 cents a click.

The benefits of this are:

1) It wont cost you as much to learn; and
    2) using long tail keywords will ensure your market is more targetted to what you are advertising

Goodluck, and remember that PPC is (in most cases) one of the best forms of advertising.

Chimpanzee, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  13. dulidi

dulidi Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a newbie should try free methods to get traffic instead of ppc.
    Such as article and blog marketing.

dulidi, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  14. mushu

mushu Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks guys for the suggestions, i really appreciate this

mushu, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  15. Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee Peon

Best Answers:
    Our pleasure :)

Its best to learn from other peoples mistakes!!!

Make sure you ask as much as you can before moving forward!

Chimpanzee, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  16. mushu

mushu Peon

Best Answers:
    some people say do it some people say do free methods but all of you say that google eats a lot of money. Just to say i have already worked with free methods and am now ready to go step further and try PPC, after reading your messages i am even more confused but think that it will give it a try if i loose my money there is always an option to get back to free methods :)

mushu, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  17. Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't be confused :)

Yes, it may seem very easy to setup a PPC campaign and get your ads running. But targetting your ads and getting great CTR with the conversion (a sale) as a result of the click you just paid for is the ultimate goal, and is the most difficult part.

You won't know until you try so give it a shot, post your findings up here and im sure people will happily help you... i know i will try :)

18. mushu

mushu Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i will try and i will keep you updated for everything. will start learning during this week and should make something next week. just one more questions that i have heard from some people.

Is it true that if the product is new then its easier for ppc since there is not a lot of competition or?

Sounds logical but want to know your opinion.

mushu, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  19. Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee Peon

Best Answers:
    In theory, yes, a new product to the marketplace is always going to be easier to market via PPC.

The reason for this is that Google allow only 1 affiliate link per product, per keyword. If you get what i mean :)

Feel free to jump on board the product in my signature as it is only 2 days old in the marketplace and affiliates are still setting up their PPC campaigns.

All the best!

20. Doloboy

Doloboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Search Marketing converts my affiliates very well, with a strong 20% conversion. I spent about 50$ today only to make around 200$.

#1 - Don't use Adwords (Can't directly link to landing page)
    #2 - Put the price in the the title of the ad (scrubs the leads and gives you the BEST quality clicks! You're not paying for impressions remember?)
    #3 Also build content sites that tell the person how to solve the problem, but leave them guessing (that's where you affiliate guide comes in!)
    #4 Get tracking! Using Tracking202 for all your YSM PPC to filter out bad keywords!
    #5 Good luck! I'm make on average around 80$ a day and started a month ago. It's not hard, just put a little effort.

*Note if you have a small budget, try using Yahoo Answers to promote your CONTENT sites.

Doloboy, Nov 26, 2009 IP