1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much leeway in editing CJ text links?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by bread, Jan 31, 2006.

Hi,

Still fairly new and can't seem to find anything in the CJ help, or on the net regarding the altering of CJ text links.

Some of them are really badly written and need to be fixed anyway, and others I would like to shorten or change slightly to fit in with my page without altering the meaning. Am I allowed to do this at all?

Would really appreciate any help, or at least point me in the right direction!

Thanks,

Brad

bread, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  2. joch21

joch21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can make it say anything you want.

joch21, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  3. bread

bread Guest

Best Answers:
    Great, thanks man
    Brad

bread, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  4. JesterMagic

JesterMagic Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe all my agreements with cj affiliates state that no link can be changed. I agree that alot of the text links suck and most are missing a few essential text links like the company name and web site. Now if you change just the text and leave everthing else the same you should be ok unless they get picky and actually do a physical check of your website.

One thing I have always wanted to do was create a system that logs the click in my database before refering them to cj. I noticed a few of my competetors do this. It would greatly help me with seeing what keywords generate clicks. I could code this myself but I worry about what CJ may think of this. Anyone know of what CJ thinks about this?

JesterMagic, Feb 1, 2006 IP
  5. iTISTIC

iTISTIC Peon

Best Answers:
    I think CJ could care less what type of logging you do on your site. I'd do that myself on my site. The end result is the same. The user is blind to this process.

iTISTIC, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  6. JesterMagic

JesterMagic Peon

Best Answers:
    So you record the link and then redirect right away? How do you deal with the small blank image that is included with any text link? Do you send back a blank page with the image and redirect from there?

Thanks

JesterMagic, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  7. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will violate basic CJ TOS changing the text link.

Also is not good for you - Each text link has its own EPC performance - when you change it you destroying the format that may lead to the succes of that high EPC.

Do not change the text, you don't know better then the business owner what is the best adversement text for it.

Also if he decide to visit your site he will not like to see that you changed the text link, hurting the EPC statistic for a specific text link.

Micromag, Feb 20, 2006 IP