1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much keywords can put in homepage

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by shankey, Dec 17, 2005.

I want to know that maximum how much keyword i can put in the homepage(index page) of the site. means is there any limit in putting keywords or i can put any number of keyword. is there any limit given by google or search engine spiders.Or say that spiders consider only 5 or 10 or 15 starting keyword and skip rest of them.:confused:

shankey, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  2. redQueen

redQueen Peon

Best Answers:
    when you said keyword in your homepage, did you mean on the content of your page or in the meta keyword tag or in the title tag or somewhere else? your question seemed pretty vague. :confused:

if you meant to find out how many keywords in the on-page copy of your homepage, IMO there's no limit to the keywords you put in there so long as you put where it's readable (ie not hidden text) and it makes sense for your site's visitors and not just keyword stuffing.

:)

redQueen, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  3. shankey

shankey Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah i am talking bout keywords in meta tag.forget to specify there:p .
    thnx for your reply:)

shankey, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  4. redQueen

redQueen Peon

Best Answers:
    oh ok, i've read somewhere that it'd be better to limit your keyword meta tags to 800 characters.

the main idea would be to choose the most relevant keywords, write the contents based on those keywords, utilize them also in the title tag and base your meta description tag using those keywords.

just a note though, meta kw tags are given lesser and lesser weight over time due to abuse although some SEs still index the keywords in these tags, it's just supplements the site's whole content.

:)

redQueen, Dec 17, 2005 IP