1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much is stupidity worth?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by Johnburk, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Johnburk

Johnburk Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes that is what I mean

Johnburk, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  2. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not entertain any offers, nor would I send or reply to any requests for prices - all of which has been well presented by other posters.

If it is going to be something that is hotly searched and sought, capitalize on that.

IF it goes big, that also means they will have big money for legal battles.

What's to stop them from registering a completely new name and branding it, whether using a dash, different ccTLD, etc.

In the mean time, they're in the background setting you up for failure by getting you to entertain offers for sale.

wrmineo, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I did say you should avoid any pharma-type activities on the domain but instead use it for something else.

mcfox, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  4. Johnburk

Johnburk Peon

Best Answers:
    Right now I am not doing anything with the site but redirecting it to my own.

I never registerd it to sell it or to do harm. When they asked me for an offer, I gave them one. (like it happens on SEDO and other domain selling sites)

It defitnitly is going to get huge. I have never had so many users on my site!
    As you have seen, I have not posted the URL of this forum or anywhere else on the internet! Yet I am getting thousands of uniqe visitors a day redirected to my site!

It is too bad I cannot do anything with pharmacy, otherwhise I could make a real good buck with putting ads on it ;)

Johnburk, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  5. Citizen

Citizen Active Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of traffic is it generating as of now?

Citizen, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    In my opinion this is insufficient. To be on the safe side you really should make an independent site using the domain. Obviously, you can put ads on it once it is built to get some earnings from it. Alternatively, you could always park it on SEDO.

mcfox, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  7. wild boar

wild boar Peon

Best Answers:
    so, give us a update on the domain thing.. it's like a book with the last chapter ripped out..

wild boar, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  8. Johnburk

Johnburk Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone

-UPDATE-

As I posted before, I had already made an offer. Not a huge one, but considering how much it is worth for me, not for them.

I got a reply back that they find the offer to high and are going to contact me.

As for the product being on Oprah, well it was a lie! The journalist who put it on the front page of the most sold newspaper, seems to be a close friend of the representative of the pharmacy company. Who had made up the story for free publicity. So he can setup a database for direct (email) marketing. His page is getting around 5000 unique visitors a day, for the last 2 weeks, so I guess by the end of the month, he will have (email) addresses of something like 100.000 people who want to loose weight. Something that a lot of people want, specially at the beginning of the new year.

As for my domain. I did register it before the publicity, it is a common name, they you can lookup in the dictionary. It is NOT their product name, but company name. They have not used it before in this country, and the company name is not registered ant any office or official organisation (such as chamber office or trademark office). They have only done this in the US, not in my country!

I did not register the domain name to sell it. I only considered selling, once they called me and wanted to buy it.

If they give me a great price. I will sell, but as things are looking now. I am not going to sell it, but use it, as I intended in the first place!

Johnburk, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  9. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you have to tell them it's not for sale, otherwise they can probably get it for nothing in court.
    if they want to offer to buy your upcoming business, (domain included):) that's a different ballgame

Solicitors Mortgages, Jan 4, 2006 IP