1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much is my writing worth?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by cowsgonemadd3, Nov 30, 2008.

1. cd928

cd928 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure about a number of things you said but I'll just comment on this one.

I don't see writers charging less just to compete during these hard times. If you have reasonable rates in the first place, then looking for other clients willing to pay the kind of money for your expertise won't be hard to come by.

It's not like we're asking for a million dollars for every article we write. We also take into consideration how much the actual going rates are, so we're pretty sure how much our clients are willing to pay us.

cd928, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  2. Maria0809

Maria0809 Peon

Best Answers:
    Copy writing is important for each and every site. However it tells about the quality of your product and services. It should be informative and worthy which helps you in increasing your traffic.

Maria0809

Maria0809, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's not about having our heads in the clouds. It's about knowing our business and our markets, and how to market ourselves effectively at the pay levels we set for ourselves. I gave a few examples in another thread here recently where even top writers were sharing their many years' experiences - essentially that business often improves for freelancers who are good at the business side of things, rather than them having to lower rates. Smart freelancers are some of the least likely people to suffer during a recession - they often get more business as opposed to less.

The ones who risk suffering are the ones who undervalue themselves to begin with or who made the mistake of choosing to market on price (any good marketer will tell you it's not smart to do this in a service-oriented field - something else that's already been discussed pretty extensively here as well). Higher paid writers are already more established, generally have better connections that they've built up over the years, and have plenty of references to get them their next gig (they're not the type of writer answering a lot of ads to land them, competing with other applicants - they often get the unadvertised gigs based solely on referrals, which matter far more than price to a lot of clients).

Remember - those higher paying markets are a completely different ballgame than the cheap Web content markets you see advertised on freelance sites and DP.

jhmattern, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  4. houdini16409

houdini16409 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that quality articles are at least 2 cents a word. That's the minimum that I charge for all of my articles, but it may be more depending on the type of article.

houdini16409, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  5. ipwatchdog

ipwatchdog Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends upon what it is that you want I suppose. If you want a general purpose article for general readers then looking to someone with a PhD in Physics is not the right choice. But if you are writing for an educated and interested audience for a niche industry then you would be far better to have a PhD in Physics write even if they can hardly form proper sentences. Those interested in Physics would rather know what the PhD thinks than what a 17 year read and repurposed. It is all about knowing the market you want to reach.

-Gene

ipwatchdog, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  6. shakemyhand

shakemyhand Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion $10 per 300 words is good price.

shakemyhand, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  7. moneytalk

moneytalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Your content is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

moneytalk, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  8. gobbly2100

gobbly2100 Banned

Best Answers:
    Same go's for anything really, you are worth whatever you want to charge but if you expect a lot then you better be writing some damn good articles.

gobbly2100, Jan 13, 2009 IP