1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much is my script worth?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by nekowai, Apr 23, 2017.

I dropped the price of my traffic statistics generator script to $1 in order to get more sales.
    I'm wondering if it's worth more than that.
    Can you please tell me how much do you think my script is worth?

http://plures.atwebpages.com/plures.php

Click the link "+info" to see the list of features.
    Thanks in advance.

nekowai, Apr 23, 2017 IP
  2. zibolin

zibolin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is it one time purchase?

zibolin, Apr 23, 2017 IP
  3. nekowai

nekowai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes.

nekowai, Apr 23, 2017 IP
  4. egoldzone

egoldzone Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its great deal

egoldzone, Apr 23, 2017 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I have to be the one to be brutally honest... Is it a good script? Sure. Is it a script that someone needs? No. Why? Because every web host and account has multiple statistics programs available with a click of a button. Why should someone download and install a FREE script that gives them less than what they already have for FREE? They wouldn't...so why would they spend a buck? The only ones who will are misinformed or just want to peak your source code...

Good script. Not marketable. Not profitable.

NetStar, May 12, 2017 IP
    topcoder likes this.
  6. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    thats true, if you want to make money, then create something in demand that no one already has.
    Why would anyone buy a bucket of shit, when in fact they already have access to bucket of shit....

It is like setting up a site selling the exact same products everyone else is selling; You may spend
    years grinding your wheels trying to get ahead of the pack getting no where fast, however, if you sold
    something of value that everyone needs, then your site would shoot to the top very fast, and quickly....

dscurlock, May 12, 2017 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  7. nekowai

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

nekowai, May 13, 2017 IP
  8. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    But you can always make a way to do things differently to make it profitable. And that's for you to decipher. :)

Nevertheless, good luck buddy. :)

Anitasol, May 14, 2017 IP
  9. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can make it any amount you want it to be. Meaning, you're the only one who knows what it's really worth.

Milliardo, May 16, 2017 IP
  10. GameO.Over

GameO.Over Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can only echo the honest replies in this thread.

The script looks good but you're trying to make money in a space where what you're offering is given for free.. hosting control panel stats apps and Google Analytics offer this for free and with more functionality. That being said, it could be useful for those that want really basic stats without the hassle of setting up a more complicated platform.

I still don't think it is something I would buy though, at $1 you'll never get your ROI.

If it was me I would give this for free in exchange for an email address or host on Github and use it to try and drive webmasters in my direction to advertise to with other scripts that are worth more, custom script services, etc...

GameO.Over, May 16, 2017 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's a statistic counter......................no way to do it differently. And again...he isn't going to make it profitable because extensive stats are available in every web host for free. And if you want to install a different program there are 1,000 other scripts available for free to use.

NetStar, May 16, 2017 IP
  12. nekowai

Best Answers:
    Well, well, not everything is lost. Now my websites have straightforward statistics displayed together without complicating too much. Something cpanel, google and the other 1000 other scripts seem to have failed to deliver (at least for me) ;)

nekowai, May 17, 2017 IP
  13. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every website can install Google Analytics and get that information for free, it's worthless. Great Coding exercise, but completely un-needed.

topcoder, Jun 2, 2017 IP
  14. nekowai

Best Answers:
    Well, I've developed this script because I never found any that would display all the website's statistics on the same page, automatically displaying an easy and fast comparative.

nekowai, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  15. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but you can do the same thing with Google's API - access the analytics data and display it. If you made an easier plugin using Google's Analytics API's to display this information easier, it will probably sell better.

topcoder, Jun 4, 2017 IP
  16. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of websites out there that allow webmasters to keep track of their traffic stats at no cost (such as Google Analytics). All they have to do is create an account and add a few lines of coding to their website. Even at $1, your script looks rather simple which is why you may have a hard time competing with the free alternatives with more advanced tracking.

gregdavidson, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  17. nekowai

Best Answers:
    It seems digitalpoint won't let me sell it for free (it says minimum: $1) :p
    I rather move to the next script rather than worrying if this one sells or not...bleh...

nekowai, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  18. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can try listing your script on this website:

http://www.hotscripts.com/

gregdavidson, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  19. chandlerbing

chandlerbing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't actually expect to get any money from a film major. We're poor as heck and filmmaking is expensive. He'll need money to finance the actual production too. I'd imagine he'll offer you some part of the profits, rather than cash up front. If he DOES offer cash up front make sure you're getting royalties too, and take whatever he can give you.

I don't mean to sound negative, but it's your first screenplay and he's only a film student. It's unlikely (but not impossible) that this will go anywhere. Best of luck though! Writing is a lucrative business. My screenwriting teacher says it takes nothing but skill. Unlike the rest of the industry, they don't care who you are, as long as the script it good and you play by the rules. In Hollywood you're typically offered about $100k for the first draft, and another $100k for each revision.

chandlerbing, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  20. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the original poster was talking about his programming script (aka CODE) and not a film script......................................................................oh.................my.......................................god

NetStar, Jun 19, 2017 IP