1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much is fair to pay for a good logo?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Allen James, Feb 24, 2017.

Hello, I want to ask you how much is fair to offer for a good logo? I don't want to be the best of the best, but it should be a good one. And I'm really wondering how much is fair to pay to a freelancer as I have seen prices between $5 and $100.

Thank you!

Allen James, Feb 24, 2017 IP
  2. Robert Norgren

Robert Norgren Peon

Best Answers:
    I think anywhere between $500-2000 in the US. A good logo needs a lot of research and thought. Sadly, clients rarely understands that and are asking for generic doodles. With a rate of $75/h, $500 only gives 6.6 hours.

Or a Snickers.

Robert Norgren, Feb 24, 2017 IP
    DianaGy and matt_62 like this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Allen, this particular market is very competitive (check out the Design Contents section of this forum to see what I mean) and you can get a great logo for as cheap as $20. The thing is with a decent software (where all logo designs are already in place and all a designer has to do is put your text in) one can generate a logo in 5 minutes. All in all a logo shouldn't cost you more than $50.

qwikad.com, Feb 24, 2017 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You get what you pay for. A $5 logo isn't going to represent your brand very well.

dcristo, Feb 24, 2017 IP
    DianaGy likes this.
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's like asking how much is a fair price to pay for a good house. Example, I have seen houses sell for $50,000 in one location and identical houses sell for $500,000 the same month just 30 miles down the road.

mmerlinn, Feb 25, 2017 IP
    DianaGy and matt_62 like this.
  6. MartynD

MartynD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like being logo's accidently, usually messing around in AI or something, and then going back to it later on, generic logo's will usually do for temporary usage..

MartynD, Feb 25, 2017 IP
  7. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You don't, or rather, you shouldn't "get a logo". A brand is not a logo. A brand is the name, the colors, the typography, the imagery, the logo, the margins, the sizes of the bullet points in lists - it's everything, and that does not cost $5. It doesn't cost $2000 either. It costs a lot more.

Granted, for a start-up, it's not realistic to spend tens of thousands to get a complete design manual. But you should still meet up with a designer, have a talk about your company, the brand/idea, and get something fitting.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 25, 2017 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  8. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    NBC TV network, according to whom you listen, paid $750,000 to $1,000,000 for a new logo and usage plans only to discover after implementation that somebody else, Nebraska Educational TV (NET), already owned the design. NET's cost? Some reports said an employee sketched the design for free and was given a $50 bonus. Others said it cost $100.

See http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2011/09/one-of-nbcs-great-blunders.html for an insider's version of the story.

So there you have a reasonable range of costs for a logo.

gary

kk5st, Feb 26, 2017 IP
    mmerlinn and matt_62 like this.
  9. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    its all about your product or company if you have large business and you want represent your business in to the logo then you must be pay $500 plus.

David Jones42, Feb 26, 2017 IP
  10. ChingHoe11

ChingHoe11 Peon

Best Answers:
    How much to pay for logo is always a matter of personal choice. Forbes 100 companies can spend huge amount of money for re-branding their log and get away with it. uber has changed its logo multiple times and have spend lot of money each time. For a startup business I would recommend somewhere in the range of $200-500

ChingHoe11, Mar 9, 2017 IP
  11. accel

accel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where are you going to find the freelancer? Whether it is fair or not is up to the freelancer when they quote you. If you started a $30 logo contest here, you would get some reasonable logos, on a take it or leave it basis, and freelancers can decide themselves if they want to enter. However, the more money you offer, the higher quality of logo designer entrant you will get.

If finding one offline, you have to consider how many revisions you can reasonably ask for, but it up to the freelancer to quote you for that.

accel, Mar 9, 2017 IP
  12. cesarpa

cesarpa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you really need a good logo? How much logo of the website you use to go do you remember? Except the big ones like Google, AirBnB, etc., I don't know exactly how are the other ones (even the one of DP for example!) Something acceptable is good enough, and so a $5 fiverr logo is OK.

cesarpa, Mar 9, 2017 IP
  13. Allen James

Allen James Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wanted to hear different opinions, so thank you all.

Allen James, Mar 9, 2017 IP
  14. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A good logo, is beyond a logo. It becomes actual art. I would say that some of the best logos of all time are ones that have hidden message inside of it. For example, the hidden arrow in fedex...
    [​IMG]
    now whatever that cost, that is totally worth it.

Or check this out:
    [​IMG]
    There is just a subtle hint of genius in that logo. The original was done by alin. See alin.i4u.biz if you want him to come up with bright ideas for your business.

But it all depends on what you are aiming to achieve. If you are simply after a logo for a website, and the budget is low..... then perhaps:
    - hire a bunch of people to do one for $5 - $20. (this will give you some good ideas and concepts)
    - take the best concepts you like, and hire someone to do a more professional image.

For a proper company, you would need someone to get to know your business. Its not quick, sit down and draw something in 5 mins. They need to understand your business, and come up with a concept that is right for you. It might cost $1000 before the pen ever touches the paper, it might take a few revisions to get it properly refined, but for a company, your logo will be there to represent your company. People will see that logo on company cars, on ads, what I am trying to say is, before people know anything else about you, they see your logo first.
    So for a professional company, hire professional artists. Do not be stingy. You may need to hire more then one. The yahoo logo is said to cost over $1million. (Seeing what they got, I would be wanting a refund).

But remember, the right logo, with the right colours, with the right fonts, can help propel your business, and give customers that great first impression.

matt_62, Mar 10, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  15. wiuky

wiuky Peon

Best Answers:
    Not all valuable brands were built from the expensive design of the logo. There is the story, that the price paid for Nike was $35, and this logo at the very moment is one of the most expensive and succesful brands in corporate world.

wiuky, Mar 24, 2017 IP
  16. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The point is that these happenstance logos, like Nike, for instance, VERY RARELY happens. Also, to make something like that work, you need to already have an established brand / product - which new companies rarely have.

PoPSiCLe, Mar 24, 2017 IP
    DianaGy likes this.
  17. Green Harry

Green Harry Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

The logo of a company or organization is the special design or way of writing its name. logo represents company business.it depends on company how much to pay for logo . Logo helps you to target your business audiences and promote your business as professionals. so, invest it in wisely.

Regadrs!
    Green Harry

Green Harry, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  18. Syed Ahsn

Syed Ahsn Member

Best Answers:
    A logo is always very important, whether you are running a small business or a big organization. A good and professional logo is always attractive for clients, Most of them look for a good logo design whenever they need to purchase a service or products. A good and custom logo also separate you from your competitors. A custom logo always increases the recognition of your company or brand. So, In my opinion, a logo is must for every kind of business.

Syed Ahsn, Apr 11, 2017 IP