1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much is average cost create a ecommerce site ?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by hello77, Apr 17, 2008.

hi everyone,

Can you please give me an idea how much it costs to have someone build a small ecommerce site that allows buyers to customize there own products?

Where should I start looking for someone? and is there anyone here that can help me with this? thanks so much

Also, how does get a freelancer work, is this a good place to start? Thanks

hello77, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  2. suin

suin Banned

Best Answers:
    it depends on your topic, for small $100 is enough

suin, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  3. od3n

od3n Active Member

Best Answers:
    you mean like selling your own stuffs? if you're interested for low cost budget, wordpress based cart would be the best. i did some site already. just pm me in case you need my help.

sure. you can try selling your services here. btw, you need more posts to get started.

od3n, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  4. Newviewit

Newviewit Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the amount of detail and professionalism of the final product. there are freelancers in India and elsewhere that will build you a site for next to nothing...but you will not likely get any results, the designs will be cookie cutter template designs, there will be no marketing strategy implemented into the designs, etc.

My company www.newviewit.com for an example is based in China (but focussed on the high end foreign market). Our average website project is $10,000. This involved around a week of custom market research and strategy planning, keyword analysis, content organization, etc. 3 homepage designs to choose from, usually around 5 unique second level page template designs, and normal features you would find in any corporate website.

However some websites run well above 10k. It all depends on the amount of custom features, attention to detail, complexity of designs, etc.

If you want to do it on your own then start learning and expect anywhere from a few months to a year to get it online.

Newviewit, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  5. Nixies

Nixies Peon

Best Answers:
    what are you looking to sell? I think this has a fair old impact on what kind of ecommerce site would be sucessful.

Nixies, Apr 20, 2008 IP