1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much does the layout influence my rankings

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Dirkjan, Apr 9, 2009.

I am building a few websites where I hope to get some traffic from search engines. Right now this works okay. But I made all of them on different layouts and in different CMS systems and the updating becomes a bit time consuming. Also I think it would be cool if the layout would be more standard so people see its from the same network.

Current status:
    www.ondernemeneninternet.nl
    www.ondernemingsplan-maken.nl (complete different layout)

Would it be bad for search engines if I changed the layout of websites to a more standard layout? The written content will be entirely different. But the CMS and coding will be very similar. For example:
    www.ondernemeneninternet.nl
    www.webwinkelweblog.nl

Would it be bad to change more websites this way? I am ONLY talking about the coding so things like written content, meta titles, etc. all be different on each website and even the layout will be different. but positions, tables, styles, layout all will be very similar. Will that be bad because search engines see too much coding or outgoing links that are all very similar? Or in case all have very different incoming links from different areas, it wont be a problem at all?

All websites are promoted by themself, all have incoming links from outside the network. But I want to keep the traffic I get so I will link them to eachother quite a lot to not lose the traffic I got.

Dirkjan, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  2. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    layout not affect ranking but try to avoid flash and higher loading image also from old layout if u have text in image and other place then copy same to new one

newlogo, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  3. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    SEOibiza, Apr 9, 2009 IP