1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much does it cost to Start & run a Social network?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lilc800, Nov 26, 2011.

1. The-Truth

The-Truth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depends on how big it gets, but my question is how would you differentiate yourself from Facebook and now google+ ?

The-Truth, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  2. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    horrible idea, wont work, you will loose all your money and time and you will regret it! unless.. you have a 100+ pages business plan that insures you 150% success after you hired dozens of marketing agencies to research that for you to the full extent.......! and ofcurse the idea is original, no competition in the niche and so forth......!

good luck?

wounded1987, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  3. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    seek more knowledge through the internet, you might get the answer later

Irfi0009, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  4. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly.... I would spend my money on something else. Too many wannabe social media sites poping up.... better off taking that money finding a niche building an authority site and make money that way.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  5. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    and that can take years also, and a challenge. If he had been the first authority site around,
    then I guess he would be living on easy street today; however this is 2015, and for the most
    part people can not wait, and they get greedy, before you know it, their so called "authority"
    site is filled with their favorite affiliate ads, and before the end of the year, they are gone....

dscurlock, Apr 7, 2015 IP
  6. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Starting a social networking site is a big job. You'll have to build a foundation for an online community and then respond to its needs as it grows. Launching a new Twitter account, complete with setup and outsourcing content creation/consumer interaction costs an average of $2,000-$4,000 per month. Facebook cost average of $2,500-$5,000 per month. It's easy to get fake famous on social media channels, and apparently it'll only cost you $6,800. May it helps you.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  7. s3m

s3m Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it'll be a very specific social network? Like for jailed only or for segway drivers
    or for billionaires (in this case it will be easy - you just need to charge a lot of money for registration)

s3m, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  8. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you want in your social network. The theme, design and etc. I think its risky to invest big, better start in a small network. It would always grow as long as people are interested with it. Because its really hard to recover in big losses especially if you just started.

masterbusiness, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  9. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I recently saw the Social Network movie, it appears Mark Zuckerberg borrowed $1000 to start Facebook and it lasted him for quite a while. You are welcome to do the same.

But really, I think that if you have an original and decent idea, investors will come on board no matter what the expenses are. But if it's just another network with similar features, most of your budget will go for advertising to get anyone interested and even that might not do it.

syda, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  10. Imtrying

Imtrying Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried that, and now I have 1700 pending members, I have to approve every member manually, but, the alexa rank for this site is 20 million something so I assume the 1700 pending accounts are spam/bots. If you do this make sure you have a good spam and bot captcha.

Imtrying, Apr 30, 2015 IP