1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much does it cost to get a logo design?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Rumon BD, Aug 16, 2012.

1. F5DesignStudio

F5DesignStudio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually it`s very long and well discussed topic in all designer forums and platforms. True fact is that some people spent 1000$ + for a crappy or stolen logos. some people get good logos for >100$. IT really depends on the client. Many clients even some of my clients don` t know actually what logotype is. (Huh?! its just some image.. my son can do it. he is very good with computers) those cases are helpless. just leave them.my own opinion is that a price of 500$ is critical minimum for such a job, because its the face of the company, that` s the shapes and colors that represent you. BUT the competition is really big in this sphere.. everybody who has photoshop or Illustrator is a graphic designer. its not easy to convince a client that you are the right person. you know the rules and you will deliver a good product. Also the third world market get bigger and bigger every single year. i was shocked how many proposals were posted at Fivver. Get your logo for 5 bucks. those people are insane or just starving... i hope its the first one

F5DesignStudio, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  2. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Get your logo for 5 bucks. those people are insane or just starving... i hope its the first one"

During all these years, I have used the $5- logo designers as well as $150- designers and many in between that price for my client's projects over the years.

I have been in this biz since 1996 and I can tell you that even back in 1999 at the height of the then tech boom, we NEVER paid any one $500- for a logo!

The most that I paid for a logo was for a web site project called great scripts .com way back in the Nineties and that was as a bonus for an in house designer in the office we had in LA at the time!

So I would like to respectfully suggest that you are wrong about the price of designing a logo.

mytechiestuff, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  3. F5DesignStudio

F5DesignStudio Active Member

Best Answers:
    F5DesignStudio, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  4. Asfandyar Ali

Asfandyar Ali Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    It depends on how would you like to design your logo. Freelancers on different freelancing sites offer good solutions. I suggest you to contact them.
    Hope it helps,
    Ali.

Asfandyar Ali, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  5. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "http://www.great-scripts.com/ is this the actual webpage for this logo. if yes the price of 5$ is okay"

Thank you for your expert opinion, but it is not Great-Scripts.com! The domain is GreatScripts.com without the hyphen.
    The site is not on line at this time, but we hope to relaunch it for the client in the near future.

However, back in 1997, during the 50th Cannes film festival, the logo was prominently and proudly displayed on large banners by our client in several areas of Cannes, including on the GreatScripts.com stand in the main pavilion, right next to Castle rock and was one of the most visited stands at the festival.

Of course GreatScripts.com was way ahead of its time back then and not many people over at the festival really knew what ".com" or "Online" was, but they were all intrigued by the name, the logo and the design.

Looking at your logo though, with the black F apparently smothering the white 5 and at the same time rudely penetrating the white 5 in a most unpleasant way, I am not really sure if any one would actually give you $5 for it!

mytechiestuff, Feb 2, 2015 IP