1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much does it cost to attract one used car buyer to an auto dealer?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Yez16, Dec 27, 2022.

Hello. Trying to understand how American car dealers and their marketing work. Nowhere could I find marketers in the staffing sections of car dealers. How do they work, does anyone have any experience? How much does it cost to attract one used car buyer to a car dealership, maybe even outdated information?

Yez16, Dec 27, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    My understanding of used car dealers in my country and the USA is that they're primarily loan salespeople using a vehicle as the reason you need finance. They don't really care about the car, they care about selling you finance.

I've been buying motorbikes in the US and the DIY marketing approach is going strong. It felt like being back in the '90s. I think they rely on the websites to drive customers to them... after all if you're looking online you're after a specific vehicle and you probably don't care which dealer you get it from.

sarahk, Jan 4, 2023 IP
  3. Warner Williams

Warner Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was impressed the first time I tried to buy a used car. it was my college project so we got to see a bit under the hood. used car dealers are the midway stop for people who change their vehicles annually, and the companies who then recycle them. that is to say that at the end of the day, the cars wound up to the companies who made them via their recycle depot.

Now, these dealers do make an active effort to sell these vehicles, placing active ads in print, TV, and online. they also get financing directly from banks and loan firms and offer incentivized packages to corporations that offer vehicle services to their employees.

Warner Williams, Jan 4, 2023 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    But do they actually employ or pay for staff providing marketing services?

sarahk, Jan 4, 2023 IP
  5. Warner Williams

Warner Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest, I am not sure that they outsource their advertising, but I doubt it. There isn't that large a revenue pad for such a small business, it does not make economic sense.

Warner Williams, Jan 4, 2023 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Marketing !== advertising

sarahk, Jan 4, 2023 IP
  7. Yez16

Yez16 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In principle, there is no difference how they earn on it, everyone has a CAC and the cost of the buyer. Otherwise, this is no longer a business, but an amateur project)

Yez16, Jan 9, 2023 IP