1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much do you make per day with Adsense along?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by ken123, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuildHome

BuildHome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Only 700? From 1 website?

BuildHome, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  2. coxis

coxis Peon

Best Answers:
    veedee how, where ????

coxis, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  3. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    How about me too., :p

Seiya, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  4. BuildHome

BuildHome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check your PM :rolleyes:

BuildHome, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  5. ken123

ken123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine varies a lot on a daily basis. From 0.50 to $10. Very inconsistent. Perhaps will give me some insights to it.

ken123, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  6. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    Try dropping to one ad unit and one link unit for a week if you're not earning anything good. You may be surprised with the outcome (I tried it on one site and things shot way up in less than a week).

More is not always better when it comes to ad impressions.

dadasays, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  7. chawlars

chawlars Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    about $25- 30 a days, sur[prisingly lower on saturdays and much lower or nil on sundays. any body has any idea, why it drops on sundays?

chawlars, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  8. pcunix

pcunix Peon

Best Answers:
    It is interesting that some people are unwilling to discuss income. Originally Adsense wouldn't let you talk about it at all; now they let you disclose income but not click through rates (and that's pretty silly for reasons I'll get to in a minute)

I make around $1,000 a month from Adsense and Yahoo. Most of it is Adsense; I've cut back on Yahoo because it just doesn't seem to do as well for me - too variable. I also tried Chitika, which did less than $100 a month so I dropped it.

Now - if I understand the guidlines correctly, I'm not allowed to give any other stats with that. But that's silly, because it's pretty easy to figure out what my traffic volume is - I even have an "advertise here" page that shows recent traffic stats. So if you want to compare my traffic/earnings ratio to yours, it's not hard to get a pretty fair idea of the data. From that, it's trivial to calculate approximate click through rates - and why does Google care anyway? I've never understood why they censor this..

But here's the more important point: unless your site carries the same ads as mine does, and attracts the same type of readership, and has the same approximate volume, it doesn't matter. You aren't comparing apples to oranges.

For example, if your site talks about expensive things, you might attract and get clicks on a ads that pay very well. If it doesn't, you won't. So one site might do extremely well with 100,000 visitors, and another with a different subject matter might do next to nothing. My site is tech related, so at least some of the ads are for pricey items. But I also talk about blogging and even Adsense etc., so some of the ads aren't worth much at all. A pure tech site, focusing on a specific area, would probably do much better with Adsense than I do (but Adsense isn't my primary income, and being less focused brings me more consulting income, so that's ok for me).

Another factor is the source of those visitors. Some sites get most of their traffic from search engines, and some get most either directly or from RSS feeds. In general, traffic from search engines will generate more ad income (but there are exceptions). There are several reasons. For one thing, RSS readers may not even be seeing ads: their RSS reader may not be displaying Javascript generated content, for example. Or the reader may only display the content part of the RSS feed and not fetch the original article.

But even if those folks do come right to your site, they still may not be interested in your ads because they came to read something that interests them. A search visitor is more likely to be trying to solve some problem or do research: an ad may give them just what they want, so they are more apt to click on one.

The exception to that might be the type of site where purchases are implied by the visit. For example, let's say you have a site that focuses on all things Disney; it gives advice about travel, eating, rides to avoid with children, whatever. Airline and hotel ads on that site probably work well with non-search visitors because many of them are visiting with an intent to travel.

Of course the volume of traffic is very important. It's very unusual for ad click through rates to rise out of the low single digits. That means that 100,000 visitors might only generate a few thousand ad clicks. As many ads don't carry much payout (as little as a few cents for some ads), the net result can be disappointing. Of course with the right site running the right ads, the picture changes dramatically.

So.. although this thread has people all over the income map, it's mostly meaningless without all the rest: site focus, source of visitors, and traffic volume. That may not be what you want to hear, but it's true.

pcunix, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  9. danzor

danzor Peon

Best Answers:
    around $7 per day (from the site in my signature)

danzor, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  10. coxis

coxis Peon

Best Answers:
    danzor 7$ is so big, how much visits per day

coxis, Jan 15, 2006 IP
  11. alexisthemovie

alexisthemovie Peon

Best Answers:
    i get 150-200 uniques per day

since jan 1, i've had a day with no clicks, and the next day with 60 clicks

alexisthemovie, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  12. MichaelD

MichaelD Guest

Best Answers:
    Exactly, that's why I make on average $1400 and you $550.

MichaelD, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  13. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    5-9 dollars a day

BamaStangGuy, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  14. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    I can make $300 a day but my avrage is around $200. I ws making less than $3 a day a 9 months ago...

IamNed, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  15. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    About 5 bucks for me. I think Google will be sending my next payment via fedex this month ;) hehe

tonyrocks, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  16. ken123

ken123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! How did you make the big transition?

ken123, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  17. coxis

coxis Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe i don't believe in that stores.....

coxis, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  18. steveyk

steveyk Peon

Best Answers:
    i've made a massive $0.19.....

WOOOHHHHOOOOOO

steveyk, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  19. Beginer

Beginer Guest

Best Answers:
    9$ a day but i have to work for it

Beginer, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  20. steveyk

steveyk Peon

Best Answers:
    how do you 'work' for it??? how do you make people click on the ads? only thing you can do is post in loads of forums and update your site constantly

steveyk, Jan 17, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.