1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much do you earn.

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by fbernard, Apr 21, 2005.

I'm suprized no one is really talking about this, considering Google now allows everyone to talk about it.

I don't make much at all, almost nothing actually.

About nothing to 0.75 cents a day.

fbernard, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  2. ellisteel

ellisteel Peon

Best Answers:
    ohhh, bout 2.20 today!

come on people, who can beat that?!

ellisteel, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  3. FTEGal

FTEGal Peon

Best Answers:
    I am now making about $60 per day

FTEGal, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  4. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    I make a couple of hundred per day but its not the main source of income from my sites.

sji2671, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  5. serenity

serenity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have only made around $15 in a year!! :eek:

But, I have not started using your suggestions ;)

serenity, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  6. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    I would love to learn from you...:) Please do share with us your secret of success...

obenix, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  7. niceguy

niceguy Banned

Best Answers:
    That's quite a very googly googly daily amount.. :rolleyes:
    Yes we would be pleased to here your tips..! :)

I have seen some where on the web one guy claims to make 17,000 a month on google ads..! :eek:

niceguy, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  8. FTEGal

FTEGal Peon

Best Answers:
    No secrets. I have done things that everyone suggests here like making it blend in to my site colorwise and placing it above the fold. But the biggers thing is that my sites 1200 pages. The more ads you place, the more clicks you get. CTR has doubled since I made my ads match my site.

Then all you need is traffic. I am sure everyone out there is trying to get that anyway. I feel that my ads are optimized as much as they can be without compromising my online store. So now I am constantly trying to increase my traffic. Thats it.

FTEGal, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  9. ashiezai

ashiezai Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol .. u guys are missing this post .. arent you ?
    He earned couple of hundreds per day compared to the other $60 per day :D

I most i've seen earning is $12k a month .. just from adsense

ashiezai, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  10. niceguy

niceguy Banned

Best Answers:
    Well congrads on your success with google ads as I am sure most will agree you are doing good and may I say your websites are very nice..!

niceguy, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  11. FTEGal

FTEGal Peon

Best Answers:
    I trully believe that is possible if you have enough quality pages showing ads. You won't achieve this with a 20 page site but maybe 200 20 page sites.

I have no proof to back this up but I really think that having a store that actually sells something really helps me out. My CTR is doube digits and I think it is because people like to shop around before buying. So they come in, look at what I have to offer and then click on an add to see what other people offer because it is related to what they are buying.

My husband thinks I am crazy for having competitor ads show on my site but the truth is if the customer likes what I am offering then they will come back when they are ready to buy. If they are not ready to buy then they are going to leave my site anyway so I may as well benefit from that, right?

This may be because of what I sell. No one is going to buy the first wedding dress they see. Maybe if you sell a smaller ticket item then this wouldn't work for you.

FTEGal, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  12. Nate

Nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $245.55/day average this month. :)

Nate, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  13. FTEGal

FTEGal Peon

Best Answers:
    How many pages do you have that show your ads?

FTEGal, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  14. Nate

Nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few thousand

Nate, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  15. niceguy

niceguy Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey sji2671 ..would you post one of your google ad months here so we could
    see it I am sure it would be a great motivator for people who are wanting to
    live the google ads dream a real inspiration.. :rolleyes:

niceguy, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  16. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    I think it helps when you build a site for the content/visitors and not just for adsense, if you made large amounts of money from adsense you may well become lazy and uninterested in the reason you started it (presuming you didnt start it for adsense)

At the end of the day if google kick me out of their serps or if adsense banned me (not that they have reason to), I could still make a decent income with my business model, I also have some huge exciting projects lined up that shall take my main sites/income forward this year as I grow and expand the services that I offer.

If you ever do well in your genre, remember to put your traffic to good use build for the future so you become less dependant on the search engines for income, they could thoretically spit you out at anytime and in the long run it makes no sense to rely on free traffic for you income.

Like I said, adsense is not the main income for me, but a nice bonus at the end of each month ;)

sji2671, Apr 21, 2005 IP
    e10 likes this.
  17. FTEGal

FTEGal Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be against the TOS unless you can black out parts. But, your motivation should be knowing that it is possible to make this kind of money. I would be happy to evaluate any pages and see if your ads can be optimized at all.

Set a simple goal. Try to make more money this month than you did the month before. You need to constantly work on your pages, add more, add better content.

I have only been running adwords for about three months now. The first month I made $325 and was thrilled by that. Second month I made $766. I should be getting this check within the next few days. For April, I am figuring that it will be around $1700-$1800 based on my averages.

FTEGal, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  18. Tapanti

Tapanti Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm currently making a little over $100 per day, but showing AS is not the main objective of the sites, but the check sure covers all the maintenance bills of the sites which is great. :D

I have a friend who owns a HUGE site and 3 months ago I convinced him on using AdSense on it, and now he's making over $1.000 per day. :eek:

Tapanti, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  19. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    Varies from 2K-5K/month.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 21, 2005 IP
  20. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd certainly be interested in what can be done.
    Content: obviously you need to provide good content or people won't visit :)
    but a good example to know would be how many pages people have and how much traffic to generate say $100 per day - it might also interest a lot of people how long you have to spend on the sites to keep this level of income.

Personally I make very little from adsense - since it's only running on very low traffic sites and has only been running on those for about a month (currently made about $5). My sites it is running on aren't targetted to good value keywords yet - I'm working on that.

jlawrence, Apr 21, 2005 IP