1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much do you earn from amazon per month?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by omupik, Jun 29, 2010.

1. comfortau

comfortau Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Carey...

comfortau, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  2. andreayton

andreayton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how long did it take you to reach that ??

andreayton, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  3. silver2good

silver2good Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow read everything from top to bottom and thanks for taking your time to write all that. It was quite interesting

Btw just one question those days that you did not get any clicks or conversions did you do any work to promote the products?

silver2good, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  4. comfortau

comfortau Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you misunderstand. That is not a daily report. That is a tracking id report. Each line essentially represents a single websites earnings for a full month although the big one is actually two websites. You can see not every website I operate has made money, in fact more than half of the sites I have are duds.

If it was a daily report then I would have no problems showing you the date, but as the left hand column includes my tracking id I dont need anyone using google to identify my successful stores/websites and copying them. Some people are too lazy to do the research and hard work.

Just so it is clear, I have quite a few sites that are not generating any money for a whole month. Conversely I have others that consistently deliver every single day.

I did very little to any of my websites over the past two months as I have a fulltime job. This was suppose to be pay for christmas and birthday presents. Clearly is has been more successful than I ever dreamed but if I did not invest one more hour in it over the next 12 months I have no reason to expect any drop in revenue. But I am like anybody... I want more :)

The sites are designed to look after themselves once I finish with them as I can't afford to be constantly blogging or building links etc etc. I try and build a new store or website every month or two months just to keep it expanding. Sometimes that does not happen. I probably spend as much time researching the store/website and keywords etc as I do building it. In the case of AOM I use the standard templates. I think my next site, which will have to be next year will be an FSB (Fresh Store Builder) site. They certainly look great and I think Carey has done a great job.

I have an AOM site that made excellent money (about $600 in its first full month and then $1000pm for its next two months) for the first three months and then fell of Google's index and has never come back. No matter what I try I cant get it back . As far as I am concerned the concept is proven... it's just the google rank that is stopping it from performing and I am hoping FSB can recover that lost income. I will try it on fresh ideas as well but all of that will be in 2013.

5. silver2good

Best Answers:
    Ah I understand. So the entire process is automated except for the initial site creation part.

I also started an automated site 2 months back. Its hardly picked up:/

I have made like 20$ from it.

Wow this your auto income generator huh? Did you know in my country having an income of what you are getting(from Amazon) is 10-20 times more than what we can get from an average full time job:/

silver2good, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  6. comfortau

comfortau Peon

Best Answers:
    $20 is good and somewhere to start. Essentially if you can setup something that even generates you $1000pm and it only costs you your time it sounds like it would make a real difference to your life. Keep at it and try a different approach. Obviously it is difficult for you to invest in things like AOM and FSB because of the costs involved so look at free or low cost solutions.

The biggest problem that people do is use the standard amazon description. Google treats that as duplicate text and you never get a decent ranking. The suggestion I made regarding targetting people looking to ship books to prisoners in the USA could be done on something like wordpress.com so it does not cost you anything at all. I would recommend you register a domain but you dont have to. On something like that spend your time doing the research. Email Amazon customer support with some questions that you cant find answers to and make sure all yoru content is unique.

If you PM with your site I could take a look and give you my opinion for what it is worth.. .

I get a good monthly income from it but November and December are exceptional. November had two massive days. The other months throughout the year are not that high averaging just over $3000 per month. My point was that I could probably get away with not spending time on it.. I do but its on the design I spend time, not adding content like blog posts. I am always trying to tweak something. I change button colors and locations to see if I can increase conversion rates. I update software when new versions come out. On the sites that dont rank I am tweaking to try and get something going. On top of that I am researching the next opportunity and building sites.

7. biz_mak

biz_mak Member

Best Answers:
    Thread is very motivating! :)

biz_mak, Dec 13, 2012 IP
  8. silver2good

Best Answers:
    Ah google treats it as duplicate content.. Thats why I never get much traffic from there :/
    Cost is not the problem for me :p I have other sources of income on the internet.

Where do you get the description of the products from then? Cos if your site is automated where does it fetch the product description from?
    So your sites are online stores or review blogs?

Thanks I ll Pm once i have a proper site ready:p

silver2good, Dec 13, 2012 IP
  9. caknun

caknun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm $20 / month

caknun, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  10. tlyles

tlyles Member

Best Answers:
    I make about $3,000 - $4,000/Month right now... My goal is $8,000 USD/ Month by June 1st.. We will see if I can get there lol

tlyles, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  11. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow nice.. how many site do you have running?

point2, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  12. tlyles

tlyles Member

Best Answers:
    I have one site that makes about $2500/Month, and then I have about 4-5 other sites that make up the rest.. I was really lucky when I found the big site.. Since June I have sold $217,059.84.. I have heard many people say there is no money in affiliate marketing... I beg to differ...

tlyles, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  13. comfortau

comfortau Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people fail because they do the same thing everybody else does but they expect more than what everyone else gets.

Whats your strategy or strategies in a nutshell ???

blog? store? Q&A sites? Informational website? something else?

Be as vague or as detailed as you wish :)

comfortau, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  14. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The ones that don't make money with Amazon are quick to say it doesn't work... but those who are making money are too busy enjoying their life to be moaning on forums :D

freshdevelopment, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  15. comfortau

comfortau Peon

Best Answers:
    You never know who you are dealing with on a forum. They could be telling the truth.. they could be telling fairy tales. I am sure there plenty of those hyping their earnings but there are others that do the opposite. I know a guy who plays down the number of sites he runs. He does not want copy cats. He admits to one site running some subdomains off them but they are very highly customized. I have tracked over 800 websites to him.

From one website you can extract their id's and use tools on the net to match up GA id's, adsense id's and amazon tracking id's and identify other associated websites. Its why most people with a collection of websites making good money are fairly secretive about identifying their sites. Profitable niches can be copied in a heartbeat

comfortau, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  16. petyard

petyard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but backlinks that rank a website can't..everyone can start a new blog just because someone else is making money in that niche..ranking it, getting traffic and making sales is another story..

petyard, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  17. comfortau

comfortau Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally agree that getting traffic is another story. But its not just backlinks. They are so overrated and with recent Google updates their importance has been further reduced and the wrong backlinks have a negative impact. You can go and buy expired domains with thousands of backlinks that have gone nowhere despite all that hardwork put in them.

If you build a quality site and your traffic has good visitor metrics like time on site and page views, low bounce rates etc... that is much better.

Having someone create a website in your niche may only dilute the pool a little bit but if lots do the effect s bigger.. but they use your site as inpiration and know what they have to beat and if somebody knows what they are doing and builds a good site it can have a noticeable impact on your traffic/revenue from that site or even wipe it out.

comfortau, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  18. petyard

petyard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    actually I beg to differ..is still ALL about the backlinks..you will see many spammers from China ranking on google with hundreds of links from old dropped domains and rewritten content that makes no sense..

petyard, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  19. Skyblue11

Skyblue11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    untill no make money

Skyblue11, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  20. gregb1981

gregb1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread gives me a lot of hope

gregb1981, Dec 26, 2012 IP