1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much do you earn from amazon per month?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by omupik, Jun 29, 2010.

1. comfortau

comfortau Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are not making the money you want from Amazon then keep tweaking until you get the formula right. Choose the right products.. not too cheap.. not too expensive and in high enough demand. I like to target items around $100 to $200. Items with positive reviews convert best. I sell items like watches, shoes, electronics. Concentrate on getting quality traffic rather than quantity. Your traffic has to be people looking and researching items to purchase. Sounds simple but its not. When I first started with Amazon Associates a few years back I had good traffic from an adsense based site. I loaded up amazon promotions on it and threw lots of traffic at it (thousands of unique visitors per day) but the websites were not quality "shopping" traffic and I made very little.

As long as you learn by your mistakes they are an education!!

My amazon sites generate about 1/10th of that traffic and make 20 times more because the traffic is better targeted.

I have made a lot of mistakes over the past years but 2011 and 2012 have paid me back massively. Let me explain...

My best day in 4 years as an associate was Cyber Monday last month when I made $2500 for the day (around $30,000 in sales for the day). It was totally unexpected and blew me away. That went through the roof because of sales of Kindle Fire's. I think I sold close to $18,000 in Kindle Fires on just that day. Black Friday sales was about 2/5 of Cyber Monday for me.

In 2011 I averaged about $35 per day across the year. In 2012 that has been $100+ per day up to November but with the sales during the christmas period it will push the average a little higher.

So whilst November was my biggest month ever, it was two massive days that gave it the huge boost. December, at least so far has been very consistent and will probably end up about the same or maybe a little more. Here is my last 6 days (month to date).
    Amazon 6 days.jpg

Good luck and keep at it.

comfortau, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  2. danish001

danish001 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a question how do i update prices of products when i am listing on amazon or any other site.

danish001, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  3. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you doing it manually? if your doing it manually then you have to update them manually.. but if your using a software or plugin then check it if has that features..

point2, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  4. danish001

Best Answers:
    Yes but i am looking for the software which update thousands of date within a time.
    Please suggest me some good software.

danish001, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  5. comfortau

comfortau Peon

Best Answers:
    There are tons of wordpress plugins that you can use if you have a wordpress website.

I personally use AOM (associate-o-matic) to run a store. You can use it to add a store to your website.The biggest problem people have with AOM is they assume that it will create its own visitor traffic.

If you use the defaults it creates pages with EXACTLY the same as hundreds of thousands of other websites. You need to put a lot of work into AOM or other similar software to generate significant traffic by creating unique content. It is possible but if you already generate a lot of traffic to a website, then adding an astore or an AOM store is a great way to monetise it.

comfortau, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  6. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that goes to alot of plugins.. i usually create a blog section for my astore..

Suggestion:
    Wpzon builder - i like it and am using it.
    associate golaith - simple and fast.

there also themes that has that updates price.

those are the once i used..

point2, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  7. andreayton

andreayton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how on earth do you get your earnings so high :0

andreayton, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  8. biz_mak

biz_mak Member

Best Answers:
    I earned $ 4.4, but spent this through AdSense $ 50

biz_mak, Dec 10, 2012 IP
  9. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

Best Answers:
    These are superb earnings and I will be focusing more on the US marketplace in 2013. I do quite well with the UK program as I find it less competitive, but your capped at £7 commission which is quite annoying. The US affiliate program is more competitive, although you have a wider selection of products to promote and unlimited product earnings.

Well Done

shmeeko69, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  10. all1nfo

all1nfo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am doing amazon since last year
    and build some webstore
    but its hard to get the traffic
    even i have a great tool that can grab 100 ASIN Best Seller in just one click

is site quantity matter?

all1nfo, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  11. comfortau

comfortau Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks.. it has been a lot of hard work but it has paid off quite nicely so far. The nervous part of it all is that every Google Update I am nervous on how it could effect me financially... I really dont need Google to put a wrecking ball through my traffic so I cross my fingers and hope it continues month on month...

I am only just starting with the Amazon UK store. Earnings are sitting about 30 or 40 GBP per month in 2012 but this month I might hit 140 or more the way it is going so far. I intend to concentrate a little more on this in 2013.

comfortau, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  12. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great earnings @comfortau and your philosophy is spot on - you have to add value to make yourself stand out from the 1000s of other websites and stores.

Google is always the problem.. you never know what might change, but if you stay on the "Thick Affiliate" side then you don't have to worry. Make sure you have enough unique content on your store and don't do any spammy link building.

A lot of my users are getting plenty of traffic from Bing - sometimes more so than on Google, even tho they rank well on both.

By the way - on Amazon UK you have a £7 cap per item, so be careful which niches you promote (i.e. high ticket items)

freshdevelopment, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  13. comfortau

comfortau Peon

Best Answers:

Can't say I am a fan of that at all.

Sold a Kitchenaid Mixer last night on Amazon UK. 400GBP+ and only paid out at 7GBP... ouch! The same sale on Amazon.com this month would have generated me $USD53 or about 4.8x

Still, I am viewing it as an extra income stream. If I could get that up to a consistent 300 to 400 pm I would be happy. More is even better :)

14. Catrinehood

Catrinehood Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you help me?,
    how can I get that revenue 60/day?
    using blogspot, and I still have not been able to produce for it, please help all.

Thank's All

Catrinehood, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  15. comfortau

comfortau Peon

Best Answers:
    Carey, I am having a look at your product to run on some Niche's I have run on AOM and the store is not working. Am I right saying that with FSB you have to add each product manually. You have no way of adding a whole Amazon node to the store and keep it dynamically updated? Thats easy enough with a smaller more targetted niche but is going to be more difficult on larger niches or wider implementations across whole amazon categories.

One of the successes I have had is targetting a wider category and using the geographic target as the niche. People still search for things like "Cheap Sneakers New York" or "Christmas Toys New Zealand".

In this case I would want to add a whole amazon node to the store rather than one item at a time. AOM makes this easy but is has its problems with Google.

16. silver2good

silver2good Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How do you promote amazon products?

Do you create reviews on a single blog or create a new blog for each item?

silver2good, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  17. tfhe

tfhe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    $0 i am not luck in affiliate

tfhe, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  18. danish001

Best Answers:
    But there must be some software which update the price according to the condition.

danish001, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  19. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't have to add each product manually but we do things a bit different than AOM. You can add products in several ways:
    - Product Finder: Enter a search term or browse node and get a list of products. Choose the ones you want.
    - Autopopulate: Enter a search term or browse node. Enter further filter options (e.g. price, keywords, number of images, salesrank). Products are automatically dripfed into your store continuously.
    - Add a single product by ASIN
    - Add multiple products by a list of ASINs

What we do is allow you to create your own categories instead of having them linked to a node. That way you can create your categories as "Cheap Sneakers New York" and create subcategories, filtering the products so that you get exactly what you want.

If your interested hit me up on Skype (carey.baird) and I will get you access to a store so you can see how it all works

freshdevelopment, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  20. comfortau

comfortau Peon

Best Answers:

I dont do either actually. I have several different ways. I use including AOM stores, informational websites with no products and Yahoo Answers. These are the primary approaches that pay off for me plus another couple of other approaches that I wont discuss.

Of the AOM stores I have some product niche stores but I also have some broader stores that target specific categories in a specific geographic areas rather than specific products.. Liek a store targetting keywords like "Cheap Shoes in New York". Shoes are a category and the geographic targetting is New York... (this is not a real example of a current site of mine)

I also have two websites that don't have any products installed but just just show people how to use the Amazon website. I will explain this a little more later with an example.

This is my tracking id summary report for November.

Amazon-November.jpg

The most important thing to notice is that I have more failures than successes... it is important to not give up with a failure... just try again. I have one site that generated 111 clicks but no sales.. Dont know why but that site is just not converting. That was a site I was targetting much cheaper items. I was trying to use it to get my sales numbers up and therefore get higher payout levels so I made more money on the sites that sold smaller numbers but higher value items.

I will probably abandon that site like i have about 5 or 6 other sites over the past few years.It has not even paid off the cost of the domain let alone my time. Don't get hung up trying to get something to work that just will not produce.... learn from it, move on and try again.

Some of the tracking id's that are not generating traffic are subdomains of a domain that is working. I wanted to see if some of the link juice of the primary domains rubbed off on to subdomains... it didnt.

The websites that correspond with $50.28 and $499.77 are the ones that host no product at all. They are wordpress websites..not a blog. The content is done using pages not posts. The largest was started in October so November was the first full month and the smaller was started in November so it is only a part month. They both target the same subject but with a slight difference. Obviously I am thinking of doing more and more of these types of websites.

For this sort of thing, you should be thinking of what people are looking for on amazon but not about a specific product or category. One example that a lot of other people target is amazon coupons. Dont flog that old horse!!! Scour the question and answer websites and look for questions often asked over and over again.

I have brainstormed a number of approaches that I want to target and I dont have the time to target everything. Here is one strategy that I consider not the best and not the worst of that bunch. Obviously I wont be able to use it now but I still have plenty to try. :) Obviously sharing it like this openly might result in a few people targeting the same strategy so use it directly or use it as inspiration to find your own strategy.... its up to you. .

Primary Subject : Will Amazon Ship to Prisons. ???

Create a website that targets that subject comprehensively. You could get a list of US prisons from Wikipedia and then create a page for each prison targetting the keywords like "Does Amazon Ship to the Davis Correctional Facility". Include unique content on the prison.and create a comments section so visitors can leave tips and tricks for others on their success in getting Amazon to ship to the friend of family in that institution. .

This is obviously a books only endeavour (which is why I am giving it away) as prisons will only receive books from Amazon but I believe it has real potential. You can then create additional websites with the same strategy on Federal Prisons and Military Prisons and maybe other angles I cannot think of yet.

That's three websites that dont have a product actually listed but (hopefully) will generate you sales by educating your audience right when they are trying to buy a book for a love one that is behind bars.

If someone uses this concept and you make some money from it and you want to thank me... PM me and I will create a tracking ID that you can use for your own personal purchases on Amazon so it does not cost you anything. I do that for someone that helped me out once. It costs me nothing and allows me to say thanks... karma!!! I personally purchase at least a few hundred dollars on amazon every month and my bookmark ensures that someone that did me a good turn receives the fee instead of Amazon themselves.

Keep trying and learn from your mistakes. Refine and improve and diversify your approaches so you dont put all your eggs in one basket. Nobody can give you the recipe of success, you have to carve that out yourself with some hard work.. :)

comfortau, Dec 12, 2012 IP