1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much do you charge for a press release?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by pixie dust, Dec 8, 2009.

How much do you usually charge for a press release? Is PR pricing the same as standard article pricing? Thanks!

pixie dust, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  2. amarventris

amarventris Peon

Best Answers:
    That is an interesting question. if you can boost the value of a press release by independently researching the material and enhancing the text, charge more than a "rewrite". Content clients keep trying to bundle every writer into a slot where everybody writes the same quality and style. This does not happen in real life. Articles are not burgers. A boosted press release might be more, like an article cost. A milquetoast press release pdf should be valuable in other languages, giving international readers and bloggers options.

HTH

amarventris, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You should never offer a "rewrite" as a press release. By their very nature they have to be original content -- news or timely material. Personally I charge $179 just for the writing (no distribution included), and my rates are extremely low for someone who is actually qualified to write them (many people offering the service here are not). It's not unusual for a single release to sell for several hundred dollars if the writer knows what they're doing and they're working with serious clients who understand the overall value of releases rather than ones who only use them to spam the Web for links with no timely angles to speak of.

jhmattern, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  4. Beefandy

Beefandy Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you write a press release you can send it free to: http://www.jazzou.com or http://www.release-news.com and it will get instantly listed in Google News.

People vary in charges. I charge $30 for a short story to be included in Google News

Beefandy, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  5. erwindegrave

erwindegrave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh PR should be more costly than article.. Obviously it's value has different weight than article so it should be priced higher :)

erwindegrave, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  6. omshanti

omshanti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I charge like $99.00 for the PR with distribution in 125+ PR sites. I normally charge like 5c per word minimum for articles. Obviously charges for PR has to be higher than articles as they both are written differently with a different purpose altogether.

omshanti, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  7. beerdude

beerdude Peon

Best Answers:
    I have charged my clients anywhere from $300-$2000 depending on the depth, many factors are in the writings of PR

beerdude, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  8. kacangijo

kacangijo Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on your website popularity and it's PR. Also length of the articles press release

kacangijo, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  9. pixie dust

pixie dust Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing, guys!

I'd like to clarify that I am not offering a PR job, so please do not send me any PMs advertising your services. :) Besides, this isn't the place to post WTB ads.

pixie dust, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  10. intellg

intellg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR should always write in original content must be presented by business owner, so they get fast approval. PR is not similar to articles.

intellg, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  11. taironbc

taironbc Peon

Best Answers:
    pr cost more the normal articel

taironbc, Dec 31, 2009 IP