1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much Directories help in generating Traffic for a website?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Valeed, Dec 3, 2013.

Can anyone tell me, how much important are the directories, for getting you ranked higher on google and generating traffic?

After panda and penguin updates, there are many theories behind what will work and won't work out for ranking higher, so I was just looking forward to heard from you all

Regards,
    Valeed

Valeed, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  2. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:

I would be careful to use the work "directories" loosely. There are some good ones that can help you, and there are lots of low quality directories. With the right targeting whether it be the best premium directories, or directories in your niche, you may find they help you considerably with ranking or traffic. However, submitting to 1000 directories blindly is a very bad plan.

dvduval, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  3. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Link directories are very useful for for search engine optimization, and can help a lot with increasing keyword performance at Google and other major search engines.

Use a link directory to help with SEO, all depends on the link directory website, and how the link listing is formatted properly to help the site /page it is linking to, with search engine optimization.

Do some research on the link directory that you are considering posting a back-link within and also make sure to use proper techniques when posting optimized links to help with developing backlinks - Posting free links in directory websites will help to generate free targeted organic traffic from Google, but if it is not do right, you may need to hire a SEO Expert to fix the problems to get better results!

The SEO Man, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  4. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    After providing useful content for a website, web directories should be the next choice, but first do some homework so that you can tell the difference between a good directory and a junk directory. Not all good directories cost $300 a year; some are free, while others are in the neighborhood of $25, as a one-time fee, and up. My suggestion is to look at a web directory as you might review any other website, and determine whether it has worthwhile content. Does it appear to be well organized and maintained? Would your site be listed in a category with a bunch of spam sites, or with sites that don't relate at all to the content of your site?If you can tell a good directory from a bad one, you don't need to worry much about PageRank. If a directory has useful content, is well organized and maintained, and it stays that way, it will eventually be a worthwhile repository for your link, if it isn't already.I know that some here will disagree with me, but I don't buy into the idea that a link in a junk directory is going to hurt you, or even that a link in several junk directories is going to hurt you. If most of your back links are in junk directories, that might be another matter, so I'd never take anyone up on scheme to submit your site to thirty million directories or anything, since it's doubtful that the number of good directories on the Internet is in the triple digits.The bigger problem with junk directories is that is that they are not going to help you, so you shouldn't waste time or money submitting your site to them. I often submit sites to new directories and a lot of them turn to junk, but I'm not worried about that, because I really think that people may way too much about the dangers of having a listing in a bad directory.

Look for the good ones though. Listings in good directories will improve your position in the SERPs, if nothing else. I don't get a lot of direct traffic from web directories anymore, as compared to the amount of traffic that I get from the search engines but I get some, and the traffic that I get from web directories is targeted traffic. These are people who are looking for whatever it is that I have.

To answer the other part of your question, directory listings will have the same effect on your PageRank as will links from any other website, but the greatest advantage is in your SERPs. While I will admit that I enjoyed finding that I finally had PageRank when Google updated the other day, I wouldn't concern myself much with PageRank.

5. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try focusing on directories that are specific to your niche. Also focus on directories that will send you customers not just traffic. Its better to get smaller amount of traffic that converts than a load of traffic that doesnt

Nima, Dec 15, 2013 IP