1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much content should be posted daily on the website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by panki90, Apr 6, 2015.

I publish about 5-10 posts per day. If I want the posts to with unique content to help with my sites Page Rank and to help with the posts SEO value. What is the minimum content length that the post should be? 50 words? 100 words?

panki90, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  2. Rocko Berry

Rocko Berry Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all your posts publish in main 5 sites as well as WORDPRESS, WEEBLY, TUMBLR, BEEP and BLOG.COM in the site.
    And you can easily one or more posts are publish in other sites but In different-different dates per post.
    First of all find out the writer as unique write the content, and
    that writers are write the content after you will check it.
    If more article publish in other site but different-different dates per articles.
    You are more article post in other site but in this post adding perfact date,niches,and set to the articles format, so that your site give more page rank and SEO value.
    So that many articles are post in other site one days but date are different.
    And the minimum content length that post should be 500-600 words so perfact size of the article.

Rocko Berry, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  3. HMB Shiraz

HMB Shiraz Member

Best Answers:
    It's all about having useful posts. I subscribe to the theory of doing SEO by not doing SEO. In other words, don't write for the robots -- write for actual people that you can actually help!

50 words seems quite sparse to me (although, what do I know, maybe you're better at concision than I am) to be able to help people.

Having lots of content will definitely help. Just make sure it's organically created, useful content. The kind of stuff that you or I would actually want to read.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your website.

HMB Shiraz, Apr 6, 2015 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  4. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about Articles? It's about quality not quantity, 100 words is not nearly enough. You want to be doing 500+ at least. Studies have shown that quality articles between 1000 and 2000 words perform the best and get the most shares.

5-10 a day seems a lot to me. 1 a day or even 3 a week would be fine is it's long quality articles.
    Hope that helped. Good luck with your journey :)

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  5. daley john

daley john Peon

Best Answers:
    I have heard that 250 words and using your keywords every 50 words roughly is best

daley john, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  6. Franklin Hatchett

Best Answers:
    haha that's a joke right? talk about over-optimizing the keyword density hahaha

I assume you're trolling.

7. daley john

daley john Peon

Best Answers:
    No for real I have seen it when using Google sniper and Internet marketing bootcamp but then again it may work for them anything I have ever done marketing has never worked for me

daley john, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  8. Franklin Hatchett

Best Answers:

Alright well that might of worked back in the early 2000s but not anymore.

9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    These days attention spans are really short, even if google likes the 2000 words, it does not
    mean that visitors will read it, so you end up getting organic traffic that does not really
    read anything, and they end up bouncing off the site. If you are going to do 2000 words, then
    make it very compelling, use charts, imagines, videos, and so on. It does not make sense to
    setup a site for organic traffic, and have no action plan for the traffic for when they arrive...
    What are you plans when you receive the traffic? Fill the article with useless links of no value?
    It is easy to get organic traffic, but converting the traffic is another beast altogether....

and do not create content that reads like @Rocko Berry posted above. I simply could not understand his writing, and that would be considered low quality. Google can tell pretty good if the content looks like it has been thrown into a grinder that some machine or software produced the content.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    dscurlock, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  10. Franklin Hatchett

Best Answers:
    Although true I have a lot of mates who blog and they get the most engagement out of long articles. The long articles absolutely own it when it comes to social shares. The bounce rates are lower for those article because viewers get stuck in their articles.
    A good friend of mine spent 30 hours and wrote a 12000 word articles. it's his most popular one to date and makes him a ton of money.
    Different for every site and audience I guess.

11. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I am not saying that everyone would ignore the content, there are a few times
    that I have read long articles, very few times, that much content would need
    to be dressed up with decent design, sub-titles, videos, images, and so on...if
    it was just plain text of 12k words, then less likely it would hold anyone's interest.
    There is a difference between just putting up articles and window dressing, and
    it takes longer to dress the content up so it can be shown in a pleasing manner.

I am sure you see content all the time online, some content looks like it only
    cost something like $5 to setup, then there is very detailed content that
    looks as if it could have cost a bundle to setup. You have sites that do not
    care about detail, those are the sites with low end traffic, then you have sites
    that show a lot of detail in their content, which probably has high end
    traffic, and these are the types of sites that people like to comment on.

It can also depend on skill level, someone like myself does not have the skill
    to window dress content, and those that do most likely get the most traffic, and
    I am talking about the traffic that likes to stick around or come back another day
    because they felt the content was intune with what they were looking for, and
    this is the type of traffic that may even engage with the content....

12. Franklin Hatchett

Best Answers:

No problem good advice :). very true.

13. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    About technical articles, I think that 700-1000 words make a very good article. But you can have an interesting article also with 300-500 words in other topics. If you are posting a cooking recipe, you don't need 1000 words. Just an example. If the title is very specific, and you can explain anything in just a few words, trying to make a longer article will just ruin it.

14. EverestOnlineMarketing

EverestOnlineMarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    The ideal length is 500 words. You can go longer, but make sure the content is skimmable. While many people will not read the entire thing, they will scan and look for information that will be useful to them.

The length really depends on the subject matter/content. Some topics need to be discussed in detail, while others can be explained in a concise manner. No need to stretch out the article when you've covered what you have to.

As for the frequency of posts, once or thrice a week is ideal. Like with length, it should be quality instead of quantity.

EverestOnlineMarketing, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  15. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    Setup a blog for longer content; setup a forum for short content..
    Forum posts will get indexed also; however, starting a forum can be difficult
    as people do not like to contribute in zero post, or startup forums, none-the-less
    it is still a way to deliver short content, but like I said in another post, if there
    is no call to action with the blog/forum, then what would the point be....What
    do you have that people cannot get elsewhere? If your goal is just content and
    insert ads? You are either going to be popular or have a high bounce rate....

I have no idea what your skill set is...
    Only you can answer that question...

16. CreativesSystemNetwork

CreativesSystemNetwork Member

Best Answers:
    of course yes, an article should be at leas 500+ words.

CreativesSystemNetwork, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  17. ashumastermind

ashumastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need post only one content. Increase the word count. Atleast 500 words.

ashumastermind, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  18. conie k

conie k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you are running a news site the content should be above 500 words. Posting 5-10 articles per day will burn you out assuming you are writing all of them yourself

conie k, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  19. ashumastermind

ashumastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely right.

ashumastermind, Apr 7, 2015 IP
  20. uder

uder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you need 5 articles to rank your website and to be accepted in cpa offers, more pages with unique content will give chances to rank higher in google
    I mean Cpa networks needs a website with five pages at least, and to rank good in google you need at least five pages to rank with some keywords and get some traffic.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    uder, Apr 7, 2015 IP