1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Much Can You Write?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by itsMrsWhite2, Apr 1, 2014.

I know everyone writes at different speeds and we all have different personal circumstances such as having the children at home etc..

I was curious to know, on a good day how many words can you write? I know some are able to write between 10,000 and 20,000 words a day and still have time to carry on their daily lives. I struggle to write 5000 in a day without distractions and things.

itsMrsWhite2, Apr 1, 2014 IP
    Karuna17 likes this.
  2. Mr Right

Mr Right Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    5000 words is pretty much my threshold too.

Mr Right, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  3. mtsmartins

mtsmartins Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I take the day for writing only, 5-7.000 words is a number. But I usually aim for 3.000 words.

mtsmartins, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  4. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends. If I'm writing stuff for myself, for fun, then several thousand words (at least). If I'm writing complicated, technical content for a client... a LOT less (especially with all the research time).

TIEro, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  5. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol I do content writing for my job and typically will write two - four 300-1,000 word articles per day. I also write one blog post, usually around 500 words, numerous Twitter posts, a couple Facebook posts, all for work. After that, I have to work on my college stuff (I'm taking three classes this semester). I also have a family and must make time daily for my wife and daughter. I won't say it's easy, but atleast I stay busy right?

Jameyson MacDonald, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  6. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    How good writing u r!!! I can do around 1k words a day.

Michael Leng, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  7. tulipweb

tulipweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depends on kind of stuff i have to write, usually i write 3500 words per day, that makes 7 articles, but if i am writing guest posts, 2000 words will be my target as guest posts require some kind of different approach and i have to write according to website guidelines that is different sort of practice.

tulipweb, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  8. Akash47

Akash47 Member

Best Answers:
    It used to be better after my graduation from university. I was still "in the zone" and I could easily write the aforementioned 10,000 words a day and STILL have time for my personal life. Right now, it all depends on the subject I'm writing about. Generally it's anywhere between 1000 and 5000 words. I wish I could do more.

Akash47, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  9. nichemarketers

nichemarketers Member

Best Answers:
    I can pound out maybe 5,000-7,000 if I have a really interesting subject, I just don't love writing all day. When I write, the one thing I do, is take 5-10 minutes to read up on my subject. Imagining myself there if it's a place, using the product or even visualizing an electrician splicing wires if it's dealing with a service. I know it sounds a little hokey but it works for me. The brain has no idea if you actually have lived the experience or not, so you can imagine it after reading about it, you can write about it. That means you can be more engaged with the reader, put yourself in the story and come up with new ideas. There are other methods but theses are just a few.

nichemarketers, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  10. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I used to write up to 4k words a day. It was my limit. 5-6k had been the best I've made. You need to keep yourself in a really good writing shape to produce more unique high-quality content than that.

Karuna17, May 19, 2014 IP
  11. nichemarketers

nichemarketers Member

Best Answers:
    Karuna17 makes a very good point regarding "high-quality". I may be able to pound out the content on any subject but sounding passionate about my topic is probably not going to come through. The end result is the reader knows it and that equals non-engagement. The visitor says see you later with a middle finger salute. I would rather take my time and frame out what I am going to talk about, make it engaging as possible. If I did that I could do 2500-3000 words a day but I also have some very high engaging 1200 word articles that have taken me days. The end result are those article get reposted everywhere.

nichemarketers, May 19, 2014 IP
    Akash47, Content Maestro and TIEro like this.
  12. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wish all employers and writers would read this and understand it. Well said. :D

TIEro, May 19, 2014 IP
    Akash47 likes this.
  13. FTS!

FTS! Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not very fast at writing...

FTS!, May 19, 2014 IP