1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much $ can u make w/ a forum?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tmikuckis, May 22, 2008.

hello, I have made some money online with several small projects (however nothing too significant). I was wondering how much I could make with a relatively active forum (I know their are a ton of factors...) . But how much do you think a forum like this http://www.weight-loss-forum.com/ makes.

I would be very interested if anyone who owns a forum could tell me how many members / visitors they have and about how much they are making from that forum (url not necessary).

thanks, I just wanto get a general idea

tmikuckis, May 22, 2008 IP
  2. redz

redz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't own a forum, but I can tell you a forum like that could bring in a bit of cash with the advertisements, since everyone on that sort of forum would be going for weight loss and there are a lot of weight loss products out there. But in general, you need your community active and you need new users everyday in order to make some kind of revenue.

redz, May 22, 2008 IP
  3. TotalMarketing

TotalMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    depends on the traffic but you cold make a heap from advertising

TotalMarketing, May 23, 2008 IP
  4. spark911

spark911 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bear in mind that you can make more from websites than forums in most instances, as the costs of running a big forum are usually bigger than running a big website.

As for how much, the question really is how much do you want?

spark911, May 23, 2008 IP
  5. itgirl

itgirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I was also wondering about this. Insterested in starting a forum but I am not familiar how to back it up in case I want to change hosts.

itgirl, May 23, 2008 IP
  6. tubeyak

tubeyak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like everyone mentioned, private advertising is how to monetize a forum. If you are able to develop an extremely popular forum, you can make a killing with private ads especially if you choose the right niche.

tubeyak, May 23, 2008 IP
  7. tmikuckis

tmikuckis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think the person who owns the above forum can make a living for him/her self?

tmikuckis, May 24, 2008 IP
  8. snugbrimm

snugbrimm Peon

Best Answers:
    All i know is that people have been making money from forums for a long time now and it can be done. You just have to be the right kind of person for the job and be able to promote it. And in response to the last post, i bet that guy above CAN make a living for himself, you just don't know it ; )

snugbrimm, May 24, 2008 IP
  9. waz

waz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Get a decent amount of traffic, some nice advertisements and some premium benefits and you can rack in quite a bit.

waz, May 24, 2008 IP
  10. coolcode007

coolcode007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i havent got any forums running but i guess with the niche and activity levels this forum is making more than $500 per month

coolcode007, May 25, 2008 IP