1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many weeks for backlinks to appear on Google and other SE's

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by lived, Jun 25, 2009.

My blog is up for two months now and still backlinks are not showing on Google..but it shows on Yahoo. Backlinkwatch says go and build some backlink first..Even other backlink checkers say the same thing..

lived, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  2. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Check google's webmaster tools for your backlinks. See if pages where you got backlinks from have been cached by google.

jitendraag, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  3. kishornayak

kishornayak Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google usually shows the least links. If you submit the same article to 100 directories, google just ignores the "same" content, yahoo gives more links.
    So you need Real Links to show up on google

kishornayak, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  4. ChrisAplin

ChrisAplin Peon

Best Answers:
    Links should show up pretty fast.

I see backlinks within an hour.

ChrisAplin, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  5. davejug1

davejug1 Banned

Best Answers:
    Seriously weeks? I can get backlinks showing within an hour. Step one would be pinging your links to show Google where to look

davejug1, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  6. GameFriends.com

GameFriends.com Peon

Best Answers:
    davejug1 that is a great strategy to ensure 100% of your link building efforts are noticed by the SE's, but time is money so I suggest focusing on circulating your content, and obtaining links versus pinging every single website that links to you (could be thousands afterall).

Does pinging a site guarantee it will get indexed/crawled if it isn't indexed? And if it is indexed does it guarantee it gets recrawled to find your content/links?

GameFriends.com, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  7. davejug1

davejug1 Banned

Best Answers:
    Not at all but there are pingers out there that will ping multiple sites in one fell swoop, this is very time-effective. Ideally every time you change/add content you want to ping it. Maybe Google won't pick it up immediately but in pinging it, you are giving Google a trail to follow.

Simply put, if my site isn't ranking on page one within a week it's not worth spending my time doing it so I do my stuff less frequently. 90% of my links get indexed within 1 week, 55% within 1 day and 5-10% within 1 hour.

davejug1, Jun 26, 2009 IP