1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many visitors do you get a day

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by ezromation, Nov 18, 2010.

Hi there

Ive been running my blog for around a year now. I get about 4 visitors a day is that good bad or average?

ezromation, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  2. vivideye.ca

vivideye.ca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you placing the right keywords in your blog post?

Check Google Webmaster Tools to find out what keywords are being used to find your website. And find out what keywords are being used to rank similar niche sites like yours and target those keywords as well.

vivideye.ca, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  3. herzbube

herzbube Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 80 unique visitors a day, i think it is more a bad average.

herzbube, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  4. ezromation

ezromation Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah doesn't seem very good, on the annalytics thing (google visitor annalysis thing) in benchmarking my blog is apparently well above average, but i guess that just means the average is bad

ezromation, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  5. shareurlinks

shareurlinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My blog is around 3 weeks old and I am currently averaging at 10 unique visitors per day.

Not sure whether that is any good, but I am still happy with it, hopefully will increase soon :p

JGBlogging Webmaster Blog

shareurlinks, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  6. Plato

Plato Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you were a client of mine I'd suggest to focus on retaining traffic. With a lower "new visitor" rate in Analytics, you have a higher amount of returning visitors. With more returning visitors, each day you should see a steady increase in traffic, 10 + 2 (returning) = 12 next day; 12 + 2 (returning) = 14 next day, and so on.

Plato, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  7. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you could do it better. My blog is not one year old yet, but i receive 1100+ at the moment. Except in the weekend, my traffic will be around 900+ :(

I guess it depends on my blog's niche, only a few people use wordpress in the weekend LOL.

KimiGermany, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  8. ezromation

ezromation Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mines a blogger blog, and it's an art blog. Some of it drawings and paintings some of it 3d

ezromation, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  9. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that 4 visitors a day is probably about average. My blog is somewhat unique because the domain name attracts organic type-in and search engine traffic (see below in my signature). I started working on it about two months ago. You can see how my traffic has been slowly ramping up on Quantcast over the couple of months. Quantcast measures actual traffic if a site is running the Quantcast script. You can check out other blogs if you are interested. Alexa is easy too easy to rig so don't depend on their numbers. You might want to look at my more popular blogs in order to get an idea of how to get repeat traffic. But it is very, very difficult. Good luck!

richrf, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  10. calbeach

calbeach Peon

Best Answers:
    what is your blog site and are you making money from it?

calbeach, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  11. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    My blog site is about wordpress beginners tutorial, the link is in my signature (on the left).

Yes, i make money from it. not alot but it increases per month.

KimiGermany, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  12. OnlineHelp321

OnlineHelp321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are running yout blog for more than one year you should average at least 300+ unique per day. That's what I feel

OnlineHelp321, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  13. flowerwedding

flowerwedding Peon

Best Answers:
    i get 500 visitors a day in my blog but it is not a good average.

flowerwedding, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  14. ezromation

ezromation Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'm no where near the hundreds with my blog. My U-Tube channel gets about 700 views a day, which is odd because I probably make more effort with my blog.

I find it odd that the blog just muddles along with around the same rate of traffic. It doesn't completely die but it doesn't increase much either. Any ideas why?

ezromation, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  15. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    4 visitors/day is very bad. It is like you didn't achieved nothing. You should better focus in advertising for a period, and then on content.

thedark, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  16. nmridul

nmridul Member

Best Answers:
    How many articles you have on the blog ? It all depends on the topic. if it is a personal blog and you are not depending on it for your daily income, it is ok.. But try promoting. Add to other blog rolls and get more people..

nmridul, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  17. ezromation

ezromation Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the responses guys. It is quite a personal blog in a way I started it as a place to put doodles, daily drawings.

Then I started making a short film and I guess most of the posts ended up being about that, I hoped it would help to publicise the film. I know a lot of other short film makers use that approach but it didn't work. It may get attention if the film wins a prize or after it's shown I guess.

In terms of making money, the blog is supposed to raise my profile as an artist. I guess it does...... just very slightly. I think it might be a waste of money to pay for adverts as I understand that this will bring a big influx of traffic, but I get this from forums and it does create a spike, but traffic returns to normal in a day or two.

I know people thinking about hiring me do look at my blog so it's not pointless, i just wish it would be a bit more self sufficient and not need so much attention. When I post more I do get more visitors, the trouble is posting means I need to finish art work, and the time I spend on my work varies between weeks and days.

If the problem is content I guess it's because it's niche. I get the feeling the problem is that I dont have enough links and that I cover too broad a spectrum of art. I've considered doing some fan art but it always feels a bit like selling out Waddayathink?

ezromation, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  18. BurnOut

BurnOut Banned

Best Answers:
    4 visitors a day is so small.

I'm getting 3k+ unique in some blogs, in others 300-500 unique a day. Total maybe would be over 20k+ unique or something like that.

BurnOut, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  19. free.man

free.man Member

Best Answers:
    200-500 UV per day.

free.man, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  20. maharhssn3@gmail.com

maharhssn3@gmail.com Guest

Best Answers:
    It is bad but not disheart keep in touch minimum 100 visiters perday

maharhssn3@gmail.com, Nov 23, 2010 IP