1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how many sites do you approve a week?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by dejaone, Jul 12, 2005.

Just curious. For those who own a active diretory, how many site do you approve a week? How many submissions do you get a week?

dejaone, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  2. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm getting around 40+ submissions a day. Thus around 300 submissions each week.

Tuning, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, about 300 submissions/week or so. More or less. I approve about 15% of them, most are spam sites IMHO. and I've been getting more strict. If people don't make an attempt to spell their site name correctly or submit to an incorrect category, I remove em. The lazy ones take up 90% of the time, the good ones are done real simply.

I like the paid submissions of course, I get more than a few of those too. I'm more sympathetic to those listings. I'm considering allowing gambling sites eventually. (only via paid submission though)

lorien1973, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  4. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    Exactly the same here, I also recieve over 40 free submission each day. Hard to keep up with the reviewing process.

Also being more strict with accepting websites, in the beginning I moved listings to the correct category, but not anymore. I reject sites when don't follow my web directory guidelines.

Also recently started accepting paid submissions. Brings in some money that I can spend on marketing for the web directory.

WhatiFind, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I've started waiting 4 - 6 months before I'll consider approving a site in my forum directory. So many forums die off...if it's still alive and kicking 6 months after they submitted and the submission was done corectly then I go ahead and add it.

GuyFromChicago, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  6. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    My aim is to review the free submitted websites within 8 weeks, but some people start emailing a couple of days after the've submitted there website. pfff. I've got a live aswel! ;)

WhatiFind, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  7. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Last week it was around 400 submissions of which around 300 were approved. Luckily I am getting submissions that follow the guidelines. The major rejection happens is for pharmacy related sites. Have target to review the submissions with 48-72 Hrs of submissions. Still I am lenient as I move listings to the correct category. At times people even submit wrong URL (spelling mistakes), had to even correct that.

Also, do a clean up every week, wherein all sites listed in one category are reviewed and action is taken.

NeoGen, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  8. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    i get @ least 2 new ones per day on a normal day, on a busy day like the other day i got 50 odd.

just-4-teens, Jul 13, 2005 IP
  9. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I get somewhere around 350-400 a week. I used to try to correct the spelling etc but Im in the same boat as lorien. If you don't have the time to spell your own site correctly, you don't deserve to be accepted.

yfs1, Jul 13, 2005 IP