1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many PAkistanis are having Paypal problem

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by upsonians, Aug 2, 2007.

1. lifetalk

lifetalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have reason to believe that Pakistan will not be added for some time to come, either because of the unusually high fraud rates, or because of their own personal reason.

If i remember correctly, i remember reading a long time back about Pakistan being a BlackListed country in the case of paypal!

lifetalk, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  2. Freelance GD

Freelance GD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fraud rate??? Thats just unacceptable. There are many countries which are supported by Paypal and have a very 'good' fraud rate. I would say there are some 'personal reasons' behind all this, otherwise I can't think a single reason of not accepting Pakistan.

Freelance GD, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  3. lifetalk

Best Answers:
    Well.. that's what am saying.. the excuse of 'fraud rates' was a mere excuse.. to cover up for their personal reason.
    and given the fact that there IS some personal reason, i don't expect anything good to happen in the near future.. nopes.. i don't expect them to support Pak in the next 10 years too!

lifetalk, Aug 31, 2007 IP
    Disguised likes this.
  4. Freelance GD

Best Answers:
    But I expect they will have to add Pakistan in near future or else they will be loosing a good market.

Freelance GD, Aug 31, 2007 IP
  5. asfandyar

asfandyar Peon

Best Answers:
    So what really is the solution?

asfandyar, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  6. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good question. I think there are two options. We can set up an online petition like somebody in this thread has already suggested. Some of people from the Philippines did that and they got send only support from paypal recently :p .

The other option is to avoid the whole freelance industry and become webmasters. Why work for someone else when you can develop your own websites? Let the indians do freelance work. We should develop our own websites and make money.

When you look at the monetization options for your own website you will find a host of Pay per click advertising systems and affiliate programs that pay via good old fashioned checks. An example is google adsense. So unlike in the freelance arena where most of the buyers are married to paypal, webmasters have a number of companies that they can sell ad space to.

abdussamad, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  7. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with this part of your post. Not every one has the ability/tendency to build/create websites. If there were, everyone would have his/her own website so you can't help anyone with this. Freelancing is not bad at all so why quit that when someone can make good money with that? Rather we can start a campaign so that paypal finally allows Pakistan (how about that). I know it is hard but there is nothing wrong in trying.

Disguised, Sep 1, 2007 IP
    Freelance GD likes this.
  8. asfandyar

asfandyar Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the petition option. So how are you supposed to make it, and where do you send it? This thread is getting hotter by the day?

asfandyar, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  9. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Offcourse it will be sent to PayPal because Pakistani government is not going to do anything about it or else it would've been done by now.

10. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    The paypal petition by the filipinos is now a parked site but you can see the google cached version of it. Keep in mind that it was a proper website in blog format. The cached version seems to be text only:

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:...nes&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=pk&client=firefox-a

These days creating a website is as easy as typing in an email. Free Content Management Systems (CMS) like Joomla or serendipity make it easy for anyone to start his own website even if he is not a computer whiz. There are also popular turnkey scripts (mostly free) that require very little effort on the part of the webmaster. Examples are url shorteners, arcades, directories etc.

abdussamad, Sep 1, 2007 IP
    Disguised likes this.
  11. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed! Creating websites is not difficult these days but everyone wants to make some quick bucks without much work involved. So still they (myself too) need to be told that how things work. A website/forum specially for Pakistani webmasters/freelancers could do the job and we could implement such a site with combined efforts.

12. Freelance GD

Best Answers:
    I think campaign thing will be helpful and we can create a site like that and invite all Pakistanis to that site and then send the link to PayPal or whatever the procedure is.

I agree with you about doing work ourselves but the problem is we don't work as team. We will have to forget personal grudges and this is the thing which is not easy for Pakistanis. There is a lot of talent in Pakistan and no doubt in it. We can hire local talented guys for the work they are doing off-line and can pay even double of the amount. I thought about this a long time ago but the idea was flopped.

Anyways the only option we have is to work as team to get rid of all these fearless fears.

Freelance GD, Sep 1, 2007 IP
    lifetalk likes this.
  13. lifetalk

Best Answers:
    You don't HAVE to create a website/blog/CMS for a petition..

will create one today, and tell you all. You can refer other Pakistanis to sign it.

lifetalk, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  14. lifetalk

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the double post, but I believe this is something important.
    Am going to create a petition soon, and I need to make sure that everything is correct, etc.

So, I need a suggestions, and opinions/contributions from all the DP'ers involved/concerned about this.

What matters should be included, what points am I supposed to highlight, what are the basic/important points that I need to put in the petition, etc.

From my side, here's what I think is important..

1.) Pakistan has a good percentage of talented individuals, (most of which are experienced and professional freelancers), and require paypal support (considering the fact, that paypal and pakistan, both are losing out of paypal not supporting pakistan!)

2.) Most pakistani's end up registering illegal paypal accounts because they genuinely cannot afford to lose the large number of clients that pay/accept paypal only. This, effectively, INCREASES the 'fraud' in Pakistan.

3.) Paypal should FULLY support Pakistan from the time it accepts it as a supported country, rather than just introducing the SEND functionality, and restricting other features (Receive and Withdraw).

4.) Perhaps the most important fact, is that this is a WIN-WIN situation. Paypal loses absolutely NOTHING out of supporting Pakistan. Infact, they gain (the fees they charge), and we gain too.

5.) STRESS on the fact, that Pakistani's really need Paypal as a fully supported country.

Any other ideas?
    Once I have enough ideas/points, I'll compile it, and then put up the final thing here, to be reviewed (incase of mistakes), and then setup the final petition :)

Regards,
    Hamza

lifetalk, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  15. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hamza you've come up with very good points and at the moment I'm completely blank myself but I'll be thinking about it along with few of my friends too so hopefully we will have some more ideas.

I doubt they would be adding bank account option to PayPal Pakistan (If PayPal ever allows Pakistan) but accounts should be atleast send/receive if not withdraw.

16. Freelance GD

Best Answers:
    Hamza all you have done is great. I think its just enough for now if they just support us for sending and receiving money. Something is better then nothing. Bank thing can be done later on...

Keep us updated bro. Thanks

Freelance GD, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  17. asfandyar

asfandyar Peon

Best Answers:
    Any luck with the blog, lifetalk? If you cannot setup a blog, I may try on a tld domain!

asfandyar, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  18. lifetalk

Best Answers:
    Here's what the result of all the points that I included.
    Need someone to read it once and point out any grammatical mistakes.

I'll host it tonight. :)

lifetalk, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  19. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks OK to me, easy to understand and good written, what else I could say.

Once hosted we would then need the names and signatures (if needed) from Pakistani Webmasters & Freelancers to support this campaign.

Good work Mate :Thumbs Up:

Disguised, Sep 2, 2007 IP
  20. lifetalk

Best Answers:
    It'll be publicly hosted on a site that is specifically for petitions http://www.petitiononline.com

all the major petitions are hosted here, and so will this one.
    Will give the address to you all here, and you guys can then spread it around and get as many supporters as possible.

EDIT: There you go.. petition is live. All members that participated in this thread, have been pm'd :)
    http://www.petitiononline.com/addpakpp/petition.html

lifetalk, Sep 2, 2007 IP
    Muneeb2Good likes this.