1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many pages?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nevetS, Dec 14, 2004.

I have a few ideas for large sites, and I'm wondering . . . how many pages is a good target to shoot for? Obviously, content will be updated, but I'd hate to put up a 200,000 page site if I should only be targeting 20K pages.

I know that the ad-network tops out at the weight it will give to any particular site. I also know from my own experience on a 10K page site that only 5K of those pages exist in the google index, but part of that is my own lack of putting the effort in to add deep links to pages.

The number of IP addresses and domains don't matter so much to me, and with the way I'm structuring things I can spread out the pages accross multiple sites as need be. (scratch that... 10 ip addresses and domains I can handle, 100 would be too expensive).

I expect that any of these sites will top out at PR 3 or PR 4 in the short term. if that makes a difference. Inbound links will come over time, but I don't expect much.

nevetS, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  2. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    The short answer is any site size that has sustainable and real content of interest and value as only such pages will remain in any index.

In terms of PR for longterm forget it as it is an industry build on false premises by G which is now slowly starving this to not generate shockwaves (bad for stock levels).

M

expat, Dec 14, 2004 IP