1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many pages do I have?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by subnet_rx, Jan 18, 2005.

Is there a way to find out how many spiderable pages that are on a site?

subnet_rx, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    DigitalPoint's Keyword and Backlink tracker will show how many pages Google had indexed in your site at last pagerank backlink update. You could go to Google and type site:www.yourdomain dot com and get an idea also.

If you have not signed up to use the tracker think you will like it.

Shannon

Smyrl, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  3. subnet_rx

subnet_rx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I"m signed up on the tracker, but Google doesn't think I'm important enough yet to reach all my pages. I was wondering if there's a tool that will basically, spider your site like an SE.

subnet_rx, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  4. seoxperts

seoxperts Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggets you create a sitemap for your website and have a few links point to the sitemap, and voila, you will see all your website spidered fast ;)

seoxperts, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  5. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    subnet

if you have decided to live with webdesign having upto 100+ validation errors in code - such as for example
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.esitenow.com/real_estate/
    then you may face the risk that - depending on the kind of HTML/xhtml code error - a bot may fail to make it up to the bottom of each page and thus even googlebot may fail to find all links.

in your case you start even on your domain index page with a missing end tag errors at the very beginning of your body ...
    which may cause a bot to consider all page as part ot that tag and fail to index any of the below page as bot sees no page but still may be within a tag.
    may be
    !!
    some errors are forgiven by bots
    other code errors make even googlebot fail to index at all anythig after that error

viewing
    3 different pages on that one domain including 1 php page i see so many errors that could be fatal errors to indexing ... many end tag conflicts

a magic click on firefox "validation" button may help you to see more details and show you where to start clearing the path for Googlebot.
    you will know how to remove at least the fatal errors if you dislike validated XHTML code for a valid reason and may get at least better results up to the point of having all pages found by Google and Yahoo

if none of all easy recommendations help - you may want to give it a try

hans, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  6. subnet_rx

subnet_rx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tips, unfortunately, this is not for my outdated demo. Most of my customers never make it that far, and of those who do, they don't attempt to validate anything. So, it's not worth my time. I'm concerned about current clients and THEIR websites, not mine.

As I've already stated, Google isn't going to help with this on a new site. I need a tool.

subnet_rx, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  7. riziko

riziko Peon

Best Answers:
    There is another thread around somewhere about link checking tools.

Running one of these tools will give you a final report that has a page count.

SSW Link Auditor (Fast) - http://www.ssw.com.au/ssw/LinkAuditor/default.aspx
    Xenus link sleuth (Free but strange) - http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

ross

riziko, Jan 19, 2005 IP