1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many of you work in your own office?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by EdgeStormMarketing, Nov 16, 2010.

1. togotutor

togotutor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, I am working in office as a senior engineer, please let me know If anyone has any work from home oppertunities.

togotutor, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  2. dj5230

dj5230 Member

Best Answers:
    I would love an office again but rent in this city is just way too high.
    It is slightly insane.

dj5230, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  3. Pearlydean

Pearlydean Peon

Best Answers:
    I have worked from home for about 18 months now. It was boring and mind numbing at first but I have networked with some people and have several offline clients now so my week is a mixture of in the office, in clients offices or at the coffee shop!

Pearlydean, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  4. Elitegeek

Elitegeek Peon

Best Answers:
    So can you share why you should buy an office soon?

Elitegeek, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  5. swasts

swasts Peon

Best Answers:
    office is the best place to make people believe that we're working....

swasts, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  6. rick96718

rick96718 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've worked from home (living room), home office (separate room with the door closed) and informal office (separate building, same property as home) formal office (separate building miles away from home) and found I can be as effective in each, depending on the situation.

Generally speaking, the living room has a lot of distractions, so if you don't multi-task easily, or can't ignore the distractions you will not get much done. Personally, without kids, the only major distraction is the wife, and after all these years, she understands my "work mode" and can tell when I'm working and when I'm screwing around.

Most people will do better with at least a formal office, but I've personally found I can be effective in each, for different reasons. There are times I can do better with the relative solitude of an office away from the house, but times when the solitude leads to lower output due to lack of inspiration. Depending on how you work and whether you can effectively concentrate on the task at hand, your situation will be different. I've had employees that couldn't seem to cope with anything if there was a radio within earshot, and others that were near worthless unless there was some sort of background music or noise. Everyone is an individual and until you try it you can't really know what will work for you.

Years ago, I was amazed at the "absolute quiet" that many programmers seemed to require, while hardware engieers typically worked in noisier environments or in labs that had so many fans or machines going it sounded like a jet plane getting ready to take off. I found it was really more an individual thing (I was working as an electrical/hardware engineer at the time, though started my career as a software engineer, so couldn't figure out why so many of the current crop of software engineers had to be coddled). As it turned out, it was more a socialization thing than anything else. The next startup I worked in was like working in a hurrucane, and everyone got plenty done. Go figure...

People that require socialization will likely do better in an office environment with other like people around, while those that are more independent will likely do as well at a home office, if they don't have too many distractions. Nobody with little kids seems to do well at home because everyone expects you to be availabe all the time for the most minor things, so it is difficult to concentrate on a task, unless you can continue your thought processes through the tribulatons of dealing with the kids and pick back up when things settle down. Of course, if you can close the door on a home office and don't need to baby-sit, then you may be able to be as effective as in a remote office.

rick96718, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  7. DominiquePrentiss

DominiquePrentiss Peon

Best Answers:
    I found that the problem with working from home is that
    family and friends felt as if I had nothing but free time on
    my hands.

I had to put my foot down.

I have a scheduled time to work and I stick to it.
    No matter what anyone else has to do or feel as
    if I should be doing for them.

When I first started working from home I could barely
    get anything done because of this.

So, I cut all that foolishness out. I realized that I was
    ALLOWING them to stop me from making the kind of money
    I wanted.

I wouldn't give up my home office - and I learned how
    to get rid of the distractions. Just Say NO!

DominiquePrentiss, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  8. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I have a taylor made office in my living room, don't know if that counts :)

golfpro1, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  9. nexy

nexy Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya..I myself working in my own office..not big..with a 6 employees.trying to make money big time ofcourse

nexy, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  10. Sunrise Associates

Sunrise Associates Peon

Best Answers:
    I split my time between an office and home. But when I work at home I make my home environment a work environment.

Sunrise Associates, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  11. mushget

mushget Active Member

Best Answers:
    work at home ,you should make some rules.

mushget, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  12. teamaguilar

teamaguilar Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting topic,I think working from home gives oneself lot of flexibility.I always like to work from home,whenever I get bored I like to shift my work place just for a day or two and come back to home sweet home :p

teamaguilar, Nov 21, 2010 IP