1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many of you use BITCOINS for Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Parkinhost, Dec 17, 2015.

How many of you use BITCOINS for buying hosting services?

Parkinhost, Dec 17, 2015 IP
  2. Abelo

Abelo Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's sad to see that nobody replied since Bitcoin truly is the best way to pay hosting, for the client (easy, anonymous), as well as for the hosting provider (no fees, payouts every week).

Abelo, Dec 20, 2015 IP
  3. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is still too new and no one really trust it yet. I know a few bigger host that offer it and they say maybe 1 out of ever 200 payments use it. So it might take some time. I have heard good and bad about it but have not talked myself into offering it as of yet.

CenTex Hosting, Dec 21, 2015 IP
  4. Parkinhost

Parkinhost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is positives and negatives on Bitcoin usage. As of now, the demand is low. We should perhaps wait for some more months.

Parkinhost, Dec 23, 2015 IP
  5. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really anonymous as teh registrar still have the info of the domain owner.

as for demand, bitcoin is in demand, infact its value is gradually recovering and may once again reach $1200/btc

etc, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  6. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After their security issues and lots of missing bitcoins, i don't trust this virtual currency anymore. There is no proper trust at the backend. Users worldwide are not so easy to get a bitcoins account, compare with paypal which allow you to have free account and later add a credit card and its done. Bitcoins is still lack of this, and this makes them untrustworthy. I still haven't seen web hosts are widely accepting bitcoins yet, there is just 1-2 of them only. And for me, i am not yet having a bitcoins account and it seem costly to purchase a small number of "virtual coin".

before i forget, there are so called "mining" company concept that hash the encrytion and can become service provider and make money from this bitcoins is something too ridiculous. Some news online that i seen are reporting on this, and it sound weird where people invest in lots of servers and start the operation and make millions from it overnight. That really sound untrue for me.

charlesgan, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  7. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what are you talking about?
    bitpay.com is just as good as paypal.
    there is no such thing as "bitcoin account" so you don't have any idea what cryptocurrency is. why do you think blackhatworld have their own section of cryptocurrencies?

etc, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  8. Abelo

Abelo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Correction. Bitpay is better than PayPal. It doesn't leech off of your earnings.

Abelo, Jan 6, 2016 IP
  9. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there are lots better than bitpay. lots of them i don't even use bitpay. but they are known though

etc, Jan 6, 2016 IP
  10. UnderHost_MSA

UnderHost_MSA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We started accepting Bitcoin for about a month now and our client seem to love it, we have a couple of client that highly prefers Bitcoin for offshore business and store.

UnderHost_MSA, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  11. Daniel Myers

Daniel Myers Peon

Best Answers:
    Currently I am paying for my hosting company through PayPal. I have never had an issue with them or paying on time. I’m not sure I want to change to BitCoin to pay for my hosting services.

Daniel Myers, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  12. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i assume you are also in bitcointalk, its where your market are if you accept btc.

etc, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  13. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I'm using bitcoin for my webhosting services that I used to host adult content.

mentos, Feb 18, 2016 IP
  14. GokuDBZ

GokuDBZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The main benefit of using Bitcoins is that it is anonymous and the merchants that accept Bitcoins have almost near to 0 fees on the transactions. Thus making it more favourable and helps in cutting down the service cost.

GokuDBZ, May 12, 2016 IP
  15. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    not only that though, btc can be use to invest different crypto projects. investing on btc itself can be profitable now that halving is almost going to start. if you buy btc for $450, its value can double when halving starts.

etc, May 12, 2016 IP
  16. AndrewSW

AndrewSW Peon

Best Answers:
    I use BitCoins when I want to stay anonymous when purchasing a domain or hosting

AndrewSW, Nov 10, 2016 IP
  17. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do hope hosting companies accepting bitcoin will require real names of their clients. some bitcoin users are scamming thousands of USD because hey are anon. I see most of them doing ICOs on the forum.

etc, Nov 10, 2016 IP
  18. Galperin

Galperin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have used it and like it. It gives me the feeling of security and anonymity.

Galperin, Nov 16, 2016 IP
  19. Andrew Shaw

Andrew Shaw Member

Best Answers:
    Hosts run your details through anti-fraud systems, they do this before they even let you make payment. So they know who you are before you've paid. If they don't I'm not sure I'd want to host with them.

Andrew Shaw, Mar 13, 2017 IP