1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how many of you left your day job ??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sam1, Nov 9, 2005.

1. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Very good points! I just gave myself a bonus cause I FELT LIKE IT! Being your own boss is great! :D

dzcap, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    And if not, you just waste your days away on DP and don't make any money. :D

Will.Spencer, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  3. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a 'boring' office job and I have no complaints.

IamNed, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You just said it was boring. That sounds like a complaint ;)

Mia, Nov 11, 2005 IP
    Roman likes this.
  5. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol...................

dzcap, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  6. Moneyfolk

Moneyfolk Peon

Best Answers:
    I live in the wash D.C. suburbs and the average decent townhome here will run you about 350K - 400K (3br, 2.5ba). A house will run about 550K - 600K. Most people here need at least 3K per month to cover the basics no luxury especially if you have kids.

Moneyfolk, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  7. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No offense, but 15 bucks an hour kind of sucks working for a .com. You should ask for a raise dude.

MattL, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  8. vectorgraphx

vectorgraphx Guest

Best Answers:
    Springfield MO = pretty darn cheap to live in. I live there myself - it's the cheapest cost of living expenses i've ever had.

vectorgraphx, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  9. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion working for someone else, especially a big corporation, is riskier than working for yourself. Going to work everyday, wondering if you will have a job because the company downsizes, decides to outsource overseas, your boss gets fired and the new guy brings his own team, the company gets bought out or any other number of things you don't have control over doesn't sound like security to me. Meanwhile you work your ass off and hope for a 5% raise next year.

At least working for yourself you have a certain amount of control over your own destiny.

MattL, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  10. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Um that is a newage myth pitched by real estate gurus. Here is a stat to ponder..95 percent of entrepreneurs fail. Not that I am discouraging entraprenurialship it just that it is much riskier than a regular office job due to the high failure rate. And if you get downsized you are elligible for unemployment benefits as well as other payment packages unlike being self employed where you aren't elligibale.

IamNed, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  11. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, it's not a myth. It's the hard, cold reality of the job market today. If it makes you feel safe and warm feeling secure working for the man that is fine. Whatever works for you.

Saying that 95% of Entrepreneurs fail is like saying 95% of job seekers fail because they didn't get a certain job, but took a different one.

Unemployment compensation is moot point for the self employed.

MattL, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  12. Swordfish

Swordfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    For those of you that are self employed, what are you doing for medical...?

I beleive blue cross / blue shief offfers major medical to self employed for about $130 per month.

This question is for those of you that are not married...

Swordfish, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  13. S2X

S2X Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just woke up (3:30pm GMT) and I've already made $450. Thats the best part about having an online business, i've made more money while sleeping than mose people will make working all day today :D

S2X, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I had (Golden SCREWMEINTHEASS Rule) among others over the years.... I recently switched to Humana and have dental, medical, etc, etc., for myself and my son for under $200/mo. I'm 34 in PERFECT health and my Son is 2, again in perfect health. I was paying around $400/mo. with NO DENTAL.

Mia, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I am encouraging entrepreneurship. :D

Will.Spencer, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  16. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im a 17 years old :), I started 6 months ago when I broke my arm playing ball, had a lot of free time, read a lot of books about SEO and etc., visited forums and browsed internet, got hooked on SPORTS gambling and online poker for a while....

I launched my first site 4 months ago with $75 which I got from sports/poker gambling on my dads name, i convinced him that there was as much risk in that as there was in the stock market so he let me gamble :D .... now I have about 4 sites that make money a couple of projects underway and I'm up to about $2,000/month...which I tought was pretty good until I saw the guy my age claiming he makes $20K/month... I find that hard to believe but maybe if you are some rich kid who had money to start out it might be a lot easier...but as for me I had to start a business because I felt like this would be the only way I could ever be happy making a living, and unlike you I enjoy developing my sites seeing them and their profits grow...maybe its just that money means much more to me then a guy like you spending $6k/month on booze and etc....unlike you I have a family to take care of both my own parents who are currently $30K in credit card debth (paid my moms discovery card of this month $1500 or so I got to admit it felt good after seeing my parents fight over money)...also i have family in Armenia and Russia who need money and food, and I would never be able to spend $6K/month on just my self...

Anywayz, if you are making that kind of money then good job, but I dont believe that you will be able to sustain any type of success unless you like what you do and from what I read you are kind of a spoiled kid who has no idea of what a dollar is worth...Anywayz Good Luck ;)

PS Too the older people here, it is true that there is a lot of us out there and some of us are just naturally good businessman (eventhough i know that is not a good business move to reveal my age, eventhough it might have gleamed through a couple of times :p ) and the internet just allows us more opportunities unlike the real world where we are constrained by laws, the internet is where the playing field is leveled, no matter what country or age we have the same opportunity.

emil2k, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  17. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Email2k, don't over do it.

IamNed, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  18. Swordfish

Swordfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I'll check out Humana..

Swordfish, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  19. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, if I did :confused:

PS It is not Email its emil

emil2k, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That camcorder site has got to be the signal most slowest loading site since I last used my MacPlus to surf the net at 2400 baud. Yikes...

Mia, Nov 11, 2005 IP