1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how many of you left your day job ??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sam1, Nov 9, 2005.

1. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought like that - and then my job left me - and now I'm doing what I want, in the way I want to do it - and the insecurity of it is hard, but the independence is great.
    Still - Setting up Bill Gates as an example isn't really fair. For every entrepreneur who makes it that big, there are many, many more that have to go right back to a boss.

kh7, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  2. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    vbwiz : With 3k/month wouldn't you be able to buy a 25-30k k Car ?
    In romania evrything is expensive but i don't whant to buy from here but directly from Germany :)

w3bmaster, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  3. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Had I known you had this story then I would have used you as an example or I could use myself and many others here at DP..

I just felt it was bad advice as who needs a bunch of lemmings running around?? The world is built on people striving to build businesses. Did you know there is an Italian arms manufacturer which is privately held and has been in existince over 300 years?

There are literally millions of people who took risks and left steady and stable, to forge new thoughts and inventions......I would hate to see life were it not for those who took / take risks.

Sem-Advance, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  4. Trisha

Trisha Active Member

Best Answers:
    I expect there are lots of things we would do differently if we had the chance to go back and start again. I know I wouldn't start smoking. I've given up now but it's taken years and years and it's cost a lot of money.
    I quite like my day job and it's just as well. I don't think I could earn enough money from the net to do without a paid job. I seem to work quite hard on my website for very little return and at the moment the day job pays a lot better.

Trisha, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    You have a good site which could be better, instead of making people click to enter your site make this page

http://www.agilitybits.co.uk/index3.html

Your home page

Next I would look to bring the Adsense ads up above the fold so you start earning clicks, maybe not everybody wants your agility items but the may like your sites secure home feel and click your ads earning you additional revenues.

There are others here who can give better ideas than myself...maybe you need a usability expert.

Hope it helps

6. ohadgliksman

ohadgliksman Peon

Best Answers:
    I will not quit my day job so soon
    as someone who works in adwords campaign management, I play with it just to feel how the medium is evolving

ohadgliksman, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  7. Trisha

Trisha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice. I've been thinking of making the index page the home page so I'll try it. I've found I've got more clicks from the index page since I put the Christmas Deccies up. There's an animated gif above a couple of google ads. I hope this isn't against the TOS.

Trisha, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  8. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Id put a thin line under the deer

then move them and the G boy ads to the top left of your page to the left of the christmas tree in that big white space doing nothing else

I would also make the Title color of those Google ads the same as all the rest of your links.

Hurry youre losing money ;)

Samething for the link units

9. chimaera

chimaera Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm in London too - it amazes me that people think they are mega rich because they earn $1,000 per month from adsense or similar. That wouldn't cover half of my rent!

Converting £ to $ makes it even harder - I'd have to earn double the $s to make a living. Maybe if I could get towards $100k it would be worthwhile leaving my job ...

chimaera, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  10. andrewt

andrewt Active Member

Best Answers:
    I left my day job but it wasn't all adsense. A little hosting, a little development and a little adsense. It all works well.

andrewt, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  11. tkilgore

tkilgore Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    about 4 years now as a webmaster.. :)

tkilgore, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  12. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    3 months ago and never looked back :)

Cheap SEO Services, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  13. miskandar06

miskandar06 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have some words that inspired me since a few days ago:

"Remember...
    You are in control of your destiny.
    You are competing with other people to succeed.
    You now have the opportunity to do something about it !"

I agree with those words. There are many ways to succeed:
    via Pay Per Click (Google Adsense)
    via Pay Per Sale
    via Pay Per Lead

You can choose the most suitable one. Good luck ... ! :)

miskandar06, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  14. techtutorial

techtutorial Guest

Best Answers:
    i hope i can quit my day job soon. Only problem is healthcare.

need to find a good healthcare provider while im working for myself or making an income off of adsense.

techtutorial, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  15. ethanwa

ethanwa Peon

Best Answers:
    I will only quit my day job if I can make $20,000 or more per month. I make over $100k/year at my day job, so it just needs to be a lot more than I currently make ($3k/month off of websites) to make that kind of move.

ethanwa, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  16. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that you should have a good monthly income from divarse sources before you can contemplate leaving your day job.

qwestcommunications, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  17. nicuz

nicuz Peon

Best Answers:
    I see many of you wouldn't retire with $3000/month because you are scarred that a day will come when your internet business will fall.

This just proves that you do not have faith in yourself and that you do not believe that you have a well established business. Even if you get kicked out of adsense, so what? If you were able to male $3000 you should be able to get back on your feet somehow. And this takes me the following point..

Is it really the money that matters? You could make $10.000 a day, and next month $0. What than? I would rather have a couple years of experience than a $3000 income a month. If i have enough experience I should be able to make money. But not the other way.

So for those of you who are making a decent amount of money and have a couple of years of experience, what the heck are you scarred of?

Do you think working for someone elste is more secure? I think not. I know a couple of friends that used to be managers for some big companies. They were making about $80.000-$90.000/year. Two of them have been layed off and are not able to find a job. They company (BASF) relocated to China.

Would you rather put your financial future in the hands of someone else? Or would you rather put all your faith in you?

I am too young to give any of you any advice, but I guess that for me entrepreneurship is a totally different thing from you guys.

Cheers

nicuz, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  18. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, you are so naive. I especially love the fortune cookie platitudes. :rolleyes:

jackburton2006, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  19. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When you start earning decent money from your online ventures, keep diversifying, whether that be through adding more sites, setting up an online store, or anything else that will make you less reliant on one site. For me, I have a day job, and I think I will always be in one.

qwestcommunications, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  20. ars

ars Peon

Best Answers:
    never left my job, adsense is additional income

ars, Dec 16, 2006 IP