1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how many of you left your day job ??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sam1, Nov 9, 2005.

1. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

Wow, these are some great numbers, Can I ask what type of site? and how much traffic is this site getting, 60k a month.

sundaybrew, Mar 26, 2006 IP
    commandos likes this.
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a fantasy born out of a lonely young females overactive imagination and desires.

I have met a few fantasists in my time and they have all shared the same trait - the lies are always in the extreme.

Pete

GADOOD, Mar 26, 2006 IP
    commandos likes this.
  3. NewCamz

NewCamz Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! 60k per month. Mind boggling!

NewCamz, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  4. detonate

detonate Peon

Best Answers:
    Left my job 12 months ago. Earning eight times as much through my websites, so I'm satisfied.

detonate, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  5. axelfr74

axelfr74 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Real inspirating success stories here! Its the dream of every AdSense publisher to "secure" the own lifestyle with a steady income from websites I think.
    But quitting the dayjob if the only income is from AdSense (regardless how much) is VERY risky. However, its very motivating to see that it is possible at all.

...all I need now is more traffic.

axelfr74, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  6. crownrahul

crownrahul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    right now my full time job income US$ 400 per month in India, when I will earn equals from adsense per month. then I will left my day time job.

regards

Rahul

crownrahul, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  7. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will never be without a job even if i one day will make a living out of Adsense. Adsense is just not stable enough, so i will probably get a part-time job.

infonote, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  8. Working Nomad

Working Nomad Guest

Best Answers:
    I left my job 12 months ago and I am finally earning what I did in the corporate world.

My tip to anyone, if you love to travel as well, is work on your websites from a cheaper country. If you can then pack everything up and hit the road with a laptop.

Adsense has had a huge impact on my life and it was those early days, when you are earning $2 a day, that put the foundations in place. Everything long term needs solid foundations.

You have to just grit your teeth and get through these early days. Rewards will come to those who persist.

There has never been a better time to make money online! Working online can also open the whole world up to you if you want.

Working Nomad, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  9. Angelus

Angelus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to travel with a laptop and work like you.
    Where do you live right now? :)

p.l.u.r.

p.s. come to croatia, it is cheap if compared to usa....

Angelus, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  10. Working Nomad

Working Nomad Guest

Best Answers:
    I am back in the UK visiting friends and family. Next week I am off to France, then moving on to Spain for a few weeks.

I might not have time to visit Croatia this summer but it is definetly on my list of places to go.

Working Nomad, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  11. babylonian

babylonian Guest

Best Answers:
    heheh, Nomad, you copied my ultimate plan!

The best part of this web job is ability to travel and not be connected to one place. Exactly what you need is laptop, credit card and 5 t-shirts :D

I'm not there yet, but working my way. It's not that I dont earn enough trough adsense, it's that I have a company that is booming, and makes me connected to place of leaving (clients, meetings, etc.) blah :(

I left my daily job 8 months ago! No more waking up early, uneducated boss over your head, etc. I work for myself, and even though I'm the best boss ever (to myself :) ), it's very hard to stay motivated for work and connected all the time. Sometimes it's ok really, but when there's a load of work waiting for you, it's not pleasent at all. Anyway...

Working my way to become traveling businessman, and to possibly run my present company and web bundle while on road. That should be everyone's inspiration and motivation!

Nomad, way to go!

babylonian, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  12. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well My Job is the net :)

I'm just 22 years old and i never worked or had a job in my life (and as things goes i will probably never have) ... Since 15 years old i earned my money on my own at first fixing peoples computers and since 19 years old on the web as webmaster webdesigner seo etc in Romania the medium salary is 200$/month i earn betwen 800-1200$ as a freelancer as a adsense publisher i'm at the bigining only 1 site live 5 more in development 24$ in the account :)
    I'm targeting to reach by next year 3k/month from adsense + freelancing soo i can move in my own house and buy a BMW (this winther my dream :p )

What can i say it is posible to live nice from the net but only with very hard work ...

About those that say that people working at home are loosers ... ha ha the ones going evry day are a litle bit loosers we have something called independence .... if i whant a vacationt i take one if today i don't whant to work i stay and relax and so on long live the net :)

w3bmaster, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  13. asapcorp

asapcorp Banned

Best Answers:
    I am not. I want to do this in my spare time.

asapcorp, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  14. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Peon

Best Answers:

I'm totally with you on this one. I'm wouldn't think about quitting my day job just incase. It's just nice that I will *knock on wood* have a decent amount of adsense revenue coming in that will allow me to take some more well deserved vacations. Rather than just visiting family.

RaginBajin, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  15. nabil_kadimi

nabil_kadimi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post w3bmaster I agree with you for the VERY hard work (not on cheating)
    + patience + be honest with yourself and your visitors

Thanks man

nabil_kadimi, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  16. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow this thread is old.
    I left my day job 15 months ago and not once have considered looking for another "job".
    Im loving what I do online way too much! :)

longroad, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  17. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I left my day job as a banker back in March, I was doing well enough on the net to support my self. Though I recently was banned from adsense making quite a dent in my online earnings. I am to work for someone else as a content developer for a large website.

Letting go was a bit easier for me that I think most as I had less responsibility to provide for (wife, kids...etc)

JeffC, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  18. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, this thread IS old - it obviously appeals to all of us!

As already posted, leaving your job for JUST AdSense earnings would be crazy - It's just too risky.

I am currently "in the planning stages" for leaving my 'day job' .. The last few months my total site earnings (not JUST AdSense) have been getting higher and higher - and if earnings continue to grow as they have in the last 3 weeks, I certainly WILL be able to leave my job..

Not being the risk-taking type, I would have to see these earnings continue for at least 2-3 months, and even then, I would probably take a low-stress part-time job 'just in case' ...

Tearabite, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  19. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that won't even buy my cigarettes. :(
    Adsense must be a huge attraction for you. 10 sites @ $100 month each and you are RICH!.

James.

Solicitors Mortgages, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  20. vbwiz

vbwiz Peon

Best Answers:
    3k USD/month gets you a BMW? Is car also cheap there in romania? Do they have cars there? (I really don't know and want to know, not trying to insult you)

vbwiz, Dec 1, 2006 IP