1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how many of you left your day job ??

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sam1, Nov 9, 2005.

1. loverundercover

loverundercover Peon

Best Answers:
    quite my day job 4 yrs ago. adsense contributes 15% of the total income.

Cheers,
    Lover under cover

loverundercover, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Spoken like a true prodigy. Great words of advice!

Mia, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  3. brecht

brecht Peon

Best Answers:
    still going to uni, but i hope i will never have to work for someone, i like working for my own pocket.

brecht, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  4. sam1

sam1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for so many replies guys.. I am the proud owner of this thread.. I got a lot of knowledge here... the most important thing i learnt on this thread is not to put all your chicken in one basket.

But i am still unsure how many different income sources will be suffice to leave a job...

Please let me know
    i know
    adsense
    ypn( but not allowed in my country)
    chitika ( but people says its not very reliable)
    affiliate like clickbank, linkshare,cj

if you know other good sources of online income of any type please add it here.

among the sources i said above what i feel is that adsense is the only most
    reliable sources.. so its very difficult to leave a job on the basis of only one solid source.. because there is always a fear of getting banned...

so guys please let me other type of solid sources

sam1, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  5. initialdheaven

initialdheaven Peon

Best Answers:
    wow...
    LOL, that's crazy, actually leaving your job....
    i wouldn't though...it's fun working, even though when ppl ppissse you off at work, i mean like,
    that' shwat human contacts are off

initialdheaven, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  6. RecruitingScript.com

RecruitingScript.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Although i personally know couple of people who made it to UPS club in good old days and were making over $35k for months. Adsense surely changed lives of lot of people who were getting no where or it gave a direction to some but as Michael_Goldman said in your thread

""""""""""""Do it because you love it and money will follow.""""""

Don't work for money, work for your happiness, fullfilment , do what you love the most. Money is nothing , work for your own happiness.

If you can make your mind reach to a level that you don't need money but you need to do something different and you will be true to your work you will succeed.

Just be good to your own feelings in what you want to do in life and all will be good, money is just a part of things you will get in abundance when you do the job you love the most.

Job should not be a job it should be a hobby, then soon money will be loaded in bags and stashed under mattress. So just find a hobby which you can convert as a job.

RecruitingScript.com, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  7. initialdheaven

initialdheaven Peon

Best Answers:
    anybody heard of revenue.net before?
    i'm using it right now, but it figgin sucks asss!!
    it took me like almost a year and a half to get one paycheck.
    and my site had like, a couple hundred hits per day.

initialdheaven, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  8. brecht

brecht Peon

Best Answers:
    never realy heared of it m8, i hope it was a big check, maybe it's worth the wait then :). Grait stories btw

brecht, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  9. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Been sick for a couple of days now, so I had to take time off my day job.
    Wait...I don't have a day job!
    Nevermind :)

dvduval, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  10. edr

edr Guest

Best Answers:
    Been working for a dotcom for four years and been working on my own network of sites since August. Am looking at leaving my job in about two months I think. Revenues from sites are not enough to replace my income by any stretch of the imagination but I have a consultancy lined up that will and will leave me nearly 20 more hours per week to devote to my sites. That makes great sense considering I LOVE working on my own sites and watching revenues steadily climb.

edr, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  11. shauner

shauner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd love to be able to have an online income large enough to not have to work. I think no matter how you derive your income you are at risk, there is no such thing as a risk-free life.

If AdSense drastically changed their policy and your earnings go down, it's just as plausible that your "day job" employer lays you off or relocates.

I look at it this way. If I can earn $30K/yr in a day job or $30K/yr online (not working 40 hours a week) I'd take the online income in a heartbeat. Less stress and no pain in the ass boss :)

I'm 20 years old and just beginning online, but I am developing new websites all the time and have brought my AdSense, clickbank and other online income up every month. Hopefully it will lead to a purely online income for me in the future. In the meantime I work full time and attend college full time as well. Unfortunatly that leaves little time for sleep... which I should be doing right now!

shauner, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  12. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend leaving a job just for adsense...not unless you have thought of a completely viable business model that will work in the long run. My personal experience with adsense is that it takes time for websites to mature.

Having said that, I did quit my job after working for 4 years. That's becoz I really enjoyed doing research on the Internet and creating websites one after another.

Now, I have have developed my own product and I'm doing marketing myself. As for adsense, I popped them into some websites I already had and it started making some money...lol. That's a bonus.

Recently, I've started to work on a project to focus a little more on adsense as I can see its potential. You can find the link in my sig.

Let's see what happens...

projectw3, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  13. kewler

kewler Peon

Best Answers:
    I left my day job - officially in Jan 2005 ... but earned more "aside" since 2004... a friend once asked me "so how much more do you need to make to quit your job???" ... some weeks later I quit :)

kewler, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  14. GerryBot

GerryBot Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd love to leave the day job. Have been running a reality TV website in the UK and it's really starting to take off. Predominantly using AdSense, but want to spread the risk a little by getting into affiliate programs. What do you guys think of Commission Junction, or is there anything with better returns you'd recommend?

GerryBot, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  15. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Commission Junction has wasted many an ad impression on my sites back in the day. I still don't know anyone that's really doing well with them and I know a lot of people :)

GeorgeB., Mar 9, 2006 IP
  16. GerryBot

GerryBot Peon

Best Answers:
    What else is worth a look, George?

GerryBot, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  17. travoholic

travoholic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Five figures a month? Bah! I'd be happy to quit my job with as little as $500/month in earnings. I'd go plunk down on a beach in Asia somewhere and use my time to work on more site ideas in an attempt to keep my earnings going up! But then again I don't really have any financial committments or a family and am not a career-minded/corporate ladder type person. Come back to London to do some temping here and there to top up the funds and head off again. Is that too much to ask?? Better get to work...

Why are some of you so against quitting your jobs? If you get a good job once, there's no reason to think you won't get another one if your online business doesn't work out! Quit, enjoy it while it lasts, and grab another one somewhere down the road.

travoholic, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  18. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    I like your style travoholic!

Pete

GADOOD, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  19. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not really CJ that makes (or not) people money, it's the individual affiliate program. CJ is just the provider. Each company has it's own individual payout, creative, etc.

You could test it. I would also look at Perfomics and Linkshare.

The key is to pick the right product/company for your site demographics.

MattL, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  20. goodtimetribe

goodtimetribe Peon

Best Answers:
    I've considered using CJ. They had some advertisers that I thought I would do well with, but who knows. Thanks for the tips on the other two.

goodtimetribe, Mar 12, 2006 IP