1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many of you are using web push notifications for marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by meanands, May 8, 2017.

What do you think about web push notifications? Are you getting results (Especially e-commerce websites)? Or do you think that it will be annoying for you users?

meanands, May 8, 2017 IP
  2. benelijah

benelijah Member

Best Answers:
    I plan on using it but haven't yet. The thing is that who cares if it's annoying? You're in the business to make money, not to make friends. First of all, they can always say no. Second of all, as far as I know, they can't mark it as spam like they can do with email marketing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So if they're an avid fan, they won't mind. If they are not an avid fan, they probably wouldn't have revisited your site anyway. So what is there to lose? They can always turn them off if they want as well. Just my thoughts.

Besides, you can be spammy or you can only do these notifications when you really have something eye catching and interesting to share. So it's not necessarily annoying.

benelijah, May 8, 2017 IP
  3. DaveGmac

DaveGmac Member

Best Answers:
    I am not so sure that the push thing will be pleasing to people. I find it irritating and resent the thing popping up..... However, that is my reaction, the general public may be receptive to it.

DaveGmac, May 8, 2017 IP
  4. meanands

meanands Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good points benelijah. And You are right. They can't mark it as spam.

meanands, May 8, 2017 IP
  5. meanands

meanands Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    But, people have to opt-in to get notifications from a website. And Yes, too many notifications can be annoying.

meanands, May 8, 2017 IP
  6. nealhenson

nealhenson Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good point beneliah, I can't tell you the amount of people I have had subscribe and then hit the spam.

The problem is when people forget who you are and press spam instead of unsubscribing.

If push notifications helps prevent this then I'm definitely gonna be using them.

nealhenson, May 8, 2017 IP
  7. benelijah

benelijah Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's my biggest fear with email marketing.

Some people just don't know the definition of spam and hit the spam button whenever they're in the mood, even if they gave you permission. It's like they want your free gift but if they hear from you again after that they'll mark you as spam and won't bother unsubscribing.

That's also why I intend to use push notifications :D

benelijah, May 8, 2017 IP
  8. nealhenson

nealhenson Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely a good idea.

nealhenson, May 9, 2017 IP
  9. devdev

devdev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've set it up for clients in the past and not one of them has said anything bad about it. It helps drive traffic to their site. You'd be surprised at how many people will opt into it.

devdev, May 23, 2017 IP