1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many of you are married?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rubeina, Mar 17, 2006.

?

Are you married?

1. Yes

76 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. No, not yet

109 vote(s)
    50.7%
  3. Marriage?!? Whathat?

30 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Bah!!! You can be married and still stay a virgin!!!!!

They don't talk to you. They don't argue with you. They don't tell you what to do. You tell it what to do, and they ALWAYS do it. You don't even have to buy them a ring or worry about a wedding!!!! Don't you wish human chicks were like computers!!!! :D:D

I started dating the chicks back when I was about eight. I dated with the first one for about 10 years before dumping her and marrying a much better chick which was love at first sight!!! And all the chicks since then have been love at first site!!! And I've usually dumped them at the first site of a much better one when they got old, or when they got sick!! :D:D

Nintendo, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  2. troyan_comu

troyan_comu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    married and happy..

troyan_comu, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  3. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Lucky you :), i have been searching for my since decades :( (1.9 to be precise ;))

SEO Guru, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  4. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha thats great dude you should publish a book about this youd make some money. Me and my honey. and talk about macs throughout the book :p

Seiya, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  5. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. I think that life is to be shared with someone you love. Your soul mate.

When I was little, we'd get asked what do you want to be when you're older? All my friends would say Popstars/Hairdressers etc etc...and I'd say ''I want to be married forever & be a mum'' :eek:

Ahah. Riiiiiiiiight better shut up before I ruin my Wankster Wankster Internet Gangsta Reputation.

Boo-Yah!

MELLA, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  6. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    We all got a soft side, you soft gangsta. :D

Seiya, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  7. buronggoy

buronggoy Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also play virgin to your mate.LOL

buronggoy, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  8. rubeina

rubeina Invisible Staff Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Not reviewing all my thoughts, just some like... wait, not making things in a hurry.

I am still a 100% marriage believer, want to get married but don't want to rush anything.
    In fact asking this question I was also expecting some answers about discrimination, husband having too much power over her wife.. if u see what I mean as stuff like this also makes marriage become hell.
    Ya ur 100k% right saying everybody is different :)
    Here's my love story...
    Tomorrow is our 2 yrs together since our first meeting (2 years is much for me since I get bored easily.. with my last boyfriends I spent only 1-6 months max!), I was 18 then, we're very happy together, had some minor fights (rarely) as everybody but we always forgive each other... & I try to the max not to come on our bad times since this only worsen things up (many people like fights, supposedly after the fight, ur more in love or whatever.. well not for me I hate fights, I don't like to cry as this make my baby cry too, hurts me too much seeing or hearing him cry because of our silly fights)
    I really can't imagine my life without him.. some years back I thought love doesn't exist (was sooo silly to think that!! :eek:) I am very romantic too and my boyfriend does things just like I want.. e.g some kisses just when u don't expect it, or buying me roses at anytime of the year without any special reason (I know many people don't do these kinda things anymore but these are really romantic, I think it's one of the reason am still with him), too nice
    I really look fwd to marry him, in some 4-5 years.

rubeina, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  9. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Aw, that's a sweet story hun. I hope you both have a very happy future together and that we all get to find such a nice relationship as you have!

MELLA, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  10. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    If you already love him and spend so much time with him 4-5 years is a bit much to wait. Whats so scary about marriage, people get divorced left and right nowadays anyway. ;p

Seiya, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  11. Scott Botkins

Scott Botkins Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm 20 and single. Right now I'm getting my business going and saving my money to get a new house by age of 24-25. I plan to be married and have a family by any time from 25-30 though.

Scott Botkins, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Don't rush it!

I am happily married, but I waited until I was 36 and my wife was 28. (I am guessing on both numbers -- I AM A GUY!)

We dated for about five years.

It was the right thing to do, for us.

But don't rush into marriage. Divorce can be terrible. I have five friends going through divorce right now and it is a living hell for all of them.

Will.Spencer, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  13. Scott Botkins

Scott Botkins Peon

Best Answers:
    Good points Will.

That's why I'm waiting for that special someone, I just want someone mature who loves to laugh and enjoy life like me.

Scott Botkins, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  14. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Best of luck, mate :)

SEO Guru, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  15. rubeina

Best Answers:
    :) thanks, and today we're celebrating our 2 years together, I can't wait to meet him..

I know 4-5 is much to wait but I really don't wanna rush anything, I am actually contentrating on my career.. I want to be very "well prepared" before I get married..

You're 100% right Will, I don't want to rush anything, we are really happy together and sure we'll have a happy married life too.. am not ready for marriage yet, got some other responsibilities for now. Thanks for your advice :)

That's a wise decision

And whoever "grey" repped me with this comment
    :mad:
    HUH why u said "we"?!? everybody seems to care!
    Just go to hell man!!! Don't worry I don't care about you neither idiot!

rubeina, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  16. weblord

weblord Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im married and Im 38.

weblord, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  17. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I have never understood the "I'm planning to get married at age so and so" without someone you anticipate marrying actually being in your life. It doesn't make sense to me. You meet that someone when it happens. Your plans are not going to get your soulmate to come into your life ;)

(don't plan for love, just be ready for it ... at all times!)

Blogmaster, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  18. rubeina

Best Answers:
    Ya u r right, I didn't plan for love, it just came to me I never expected to fall in love during my last year of High School.. I wasn't ready for it at that time but am happy it happened
    Now that I found my love :) I think I can start planning about marriage. 4-5 years is reasonable for me even if some see it's too much

rubeina, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  19. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't get the whole marriage gig, personally. I do not want a 'wife' but I sure wouldn't mind a 'partner' when I'm older and settled in my finances and life.

A relationship is a relationship is a relationship - why enter into a legally binding contract? You don't know you will care for them forever and ever. You may want to stick an ice axe in their head 6 months down the line after they go bannanas and past mental problems surface like demons thinking it's safe to let loose now that you're both 'married'. You can make any sort of vows or promises to care, love or treat or feel a certain way about one person forever. That is bunk.

If you don't marry and your relationship with a person doesn't work out, even if and after you have kids, you simply walk away from each other with no legal hassles and none of that 'Oh they're getting divorced' sympathy, stigma and bullshit.

Why get the government or religion involved in your personal affairs? If you love and care for a person, that's where it should end if you ask me. If you want kids and it feels right, go ahead.

Marriage. Honestly.

Pete

GADOOD, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I believe in marriage, but love needs to come first. None of that family pressure or even arranged marriage crap like in some countries. I hear the "you will learn to love each others" stuff quite a bit, but I believe that nothing beats passion, the right timing (not up to you) and just everything happening as it's meant to. So, whatever society tells people which is the right age, which is too young etc ... I don't buy any of it.

If you get married at 19, you're too young ... when you're 33 and you're not, people will wonder about you. My cousin got married at 16 and 28 years later they are still together (happily for all I know). My wife's aunt was married before, but got remarried at 40 and is happy now. So, who is to say what age is the right one. My uncle wasn't married until age 42 and everyone thought he was gay. He then married the world's biggest dingbat, and I think hadn't people and society put pressure in many forms, he would have waited and possibly hit the jackpot.

Blogmaster, Mar 20, 2006 IP