1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many keywords should a site be ranked for?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Pointfrenzy, Jun 9, 2012.

How many keywords should a site be ranked for?
    I have a site with little content, but I want to try to rank my homepage for around 20 keywords. Is this crazy? I want to hit around 3-5 big keywords and then around 15 specific keywords. Basically I'm looking for keyword advice and seo help.

Currently I'm in the top 3 of (2) specific keywords, and On the first page of big big keyword.
    (My goal is 300 daily search users, I'm getting around 3)

Pointfrenzy, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  2. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    3 keywords with long tail are good enough to make your site appears on top ranking.

rith, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  3. nptifitness

nptifitness Peon

Best Answers:
    For all the keywords for getting more and more traffic.

nptifitness, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  4. Bauss

Bauss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As much as you can, don't limit yourself by only trying to rank for a few keywords, and DON'T add keywords in the meta tags, as they aren't relevant anymore. I pick a short list of a few keywords that I try to rank for, but I also build links for other keywords that aren't on my list whenever I create new content.

Bauss, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  5. MaxSerp

MaxSerp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

I know why you are only getting 3 visitors, if you think about it, only the top 5 keywords actually get some sort of traffic. Anything after the 1st page might as well be nothing at all.

Your goal?

Try and get yourself to the top of google for a keyword before moving on.

Good Luck

MaxSerp, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  6. Pansingh

Pansingh Peon

Best Answers:
    You should write regularly on your website. Provide the latest updates in your niche. You never know which article title will become a top search query and you might land on the top of the search engine result.
    Follow the strategy and watch your traffic grow. Stick with the rule of originality.

Pansingh, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  7. Dimpy93

Dimpy93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't limit only to some keywords. Try to get your all the keywords in Google searches.

Do SEO and SMO for your keywords. Post your keywords and site links to other websites, web directories etc.

Use other Social Networking Sites like: Facebook,Twitter,LinkedIn etc.

Dimpy93, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  8. arunnayak

arunnayak Peon

Best Answers:
    in my point of view 3 to 4 keywords will be good. more can be responsible for keyword stuffing.

arunnayak, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  9. kwoodman80

kwoodman80 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't get obsessed with so many keywords.

You only have to select that will give more traffic.

In my keyword researching, I am selecting 15 keywords phrase, 5-8 are categories. The rest, it's up to me.
    In one post, I only optimize one keyword in the post title, post content, SEO title, descriptions and image (optional)

I don't use tags.

I have a plugin that could measure to know how much percentage my content is for the selected keyword.

kwoodman80, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  10. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for onsite keyword ranking, and ranking of backlink keywords (through anchors and such), you need a HUGE amount of keywords if you're doing any SEO in earnest.

Never accept SEO work from someone who limits the amount of keywords you can use. They're gouging the price as well as putting a huge footprint and target on your site.

If your site has a few keywords that you rank well with, and if one of those keywords are reviewed and are seen to have gained rank through less than totally honest means, you're losing a huge chunk of traffic.

Keyword research is so important, it is always the first step in any procedure. It takes time, but must be done.

Do not increase your keyword density, and you can do this by increasing the amount of keywords. Reduce keyword density per post/page to 2-3%.

Traditione, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  11. azharSEO

azharSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to me 5 keywords is the best..

azharSEO, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  12. stepbystep

stepbystep Member

Best Answers:
    3 keywords per page are perfect.

stepbystep, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  13. rickypaul

rickypaul Member

Best Answers:
    As per my knowledge 4 to 5 keyword's is enough for per website page but if you want more keryword for your website page than its depend on you but in mine opinion don't take more than 4,5 keyword..
    Thank's

rickypaul, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  14. Maulik12

Maulik12 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's Not Necessary How many keywords you are Selected. But One thing is important is that you always selected keywords related your website after you are check your keyword density. If the keyword density is low then they are ranking 25 days on google you are working on SEO. But If the Keyword density is high It's take much more time on google. But for my side You are selected 10 keywords to ranking your website on google.

Maulik12, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  15. Jagike

Jagike Peon

Best Answers:
    Regarding keywords: High CPC, Low competition, at a minimum of 5,000 searches for your particular keyword a month.

Jagike, Dec 6, 2012 IP