1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many keywords need for a website

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by promits89, Apr 11, 2011.

I am a newbie.I have a website related to internet marketing. I want to promote that site on google. How many keywords need for that and what to do with those keywords. please help me.

promits89, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  2. cr0n1cal

cr0n1cal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Choose about 10-15 that are related to your site.

Then start link building. Choose 1-4 keywords you want to rank for and start getting back link using one keyword at a time in the anchor text. Try to get more back links with that keyword than the competitors so you can rank on high places in SERP(Searching Engine Results Page).

Tip: Use Google Adword's Keyword Tool to determine the amount of searches per month for the keywords.

cr0n1cal, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  3. ayushi infotech

ayushi infotech Peon

Best Answers:
    its depends upon your website inner pages many pages means we use many keywords..we use many keywords means we get more visitors...

ayushi infotech, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  4. SEOQuake_Team

SEOQuake_Team Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on the popularity of these words. Define the attendance, you wish to have, and then choose a few high-frequently words, to exceed needed attendance, or use more low-frequently words. Primary thing to do -count total attendance. You now how to do that?

SEOQuake_Team, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  5. theseowork96

theseowork96 Guest

Best Answers:
    More than 10 keywords you can use .

theseowork96, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  6. neswangy

neswangy Peon

Best Answers:
    from 5 to 20 will be good

neswangy, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  7. brendan9971

brendan9971 Peon

Best Answers:
    10-20 is a good start

brendan9971, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  8. Laychoo

Laychoo Guest

Best Answers:
    Five maybe, and make sure they are long tail keywords which are more targeted.

Laychoo, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  9. MagicMonkey

MagicMonkey Member

Best Answers:
    I would say 20 is a good number - You want long tail keywords you can rank quickly for, you want the high end keywords in this case internet marketing and its variations to rank for over a long period of time and you want a spread throught the middle. This way you can rank quickly for some words and build the others over time. Though in art this will be effected by the style of your blog

MagicMonkey, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  10. superlinksworld

superlinksworld Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

You can use as much as keywords you want but make sure that don't pick high valued keywords try something different less popular and less valued . But if you want to pick higher valued keywords like "Online Marketing" then you need alot of SEO work to beat your competitors on that keywords by getting back links from higher PR website with "Online Marketing" as anchor text . So my suggestion is to choose no popular keywords to get visitor in less time and seo work :) .

Regards,

Najmi

superlinksworld, May 8, 2011 IP
  11. seoexperts004

seoexperts004 Guest

Best Answers:
    We provides cheap and effective SEO services. We not only provides you services but results also. Our services includes On-Page Optimization, Off-Page Optimization, Keyword Research and Analysis.
    In keyword research and analysis we target appropriate keywords for your site. We basically do all the submissions manually and on High PR sites and all the sites are Do-Follow.
    So, we are waiting for your positive response. Try us once and you need not to go to any other SEO Firm/Organization.

seoexperts004, May 8, 2011 IP
  12. Manmohan Mehta

Manmohan Mehta Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Friend,

Okie. seven and eight keywords need for a website, more relevant and themeatic, please check these keywords Competion, and check the galoble and locale competion also it's depend dear ............

Manmohan Mehta, May 9, 2011 IP
  13. haraa0

haraa0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Buddy, Make sure you do keyword analysis.. Try to take around 12-18 keywords.. Make sure that the Global Monthly searches is more than 5000.

Use rank tracker and seo spy glass to see from where ur competitors are getting backlinks..Plan Ur strategy accordingly...

Create articles and submit them to top 50 article directories.. Try to get some backlinks from Good PR blogs.. Let me know I can give some directories to U..

Enjoy.. all the best..

haraa0, May 9, 2011 IP
  14. servletmatic

servletmatic Peon

Best Answers:
    You can choose 30 keywords ( google keyword tool : 1000-10000 search)

servletmatic, May 10, 2011 IP
  15. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    its upto no of pages which in website, we can target keyword based on that

newlogo, May 11, 2011 IP
  16. Mike4

Mike4 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One target keyword per page - otherwise you will dilute the power of the keywords you are hoping to rank for. Don't choose super generic competitive keywords (eg. games, insurance, camera etc.), as a newbie you won't stand any chance at all of ranking anywhere for them. You're up against 1000s of highly experienced web experts who have been in the industry for years, they will always win the ranking game. Choose the less competitive 2 or 3 word strings (long tails). For every page you want to rank high for a particular keyword you will need ideally to create another 5 or so sub pages pointing directly to that page to show the search engines that the page is important and needs serious consideration.

Mike4, May 11, 2011 IP
  17. Banners Mall

Banners Mall Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep your keyword density 3%.

Banners Mall, May 11, 2011 IP
  18. Canadaontop

Canadaontop Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends upon how many inner pages you have in your website. If your website having 5 pages then you can choose 15 -20 keywords for your website.

Canadaontop, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  19. cbillows

cbillows Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let me see if I understand this.

If I have a website that is not ranking very well, what I need to do is find less competitive keywords to build pages for. I would then link build via articles, blog posts, etc. relevant content to all link back to that page (not the root website, but that page). The goal is to build up deep links to the various pages of my site, not just to the root website.

Does this make sense?

cbillows, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  20. elcuisi

elcuisi Peon

Best Answers:
    I think 10-20 is a good

elcuisi, Jul 23, 2011 IP