1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many Facebook fans do I need to drive traffic?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by FarrisFahad, Apr 24, 2017.

I have a Facebook page with over 3500 fans. I want those fans to visit my site. What is your experience with Facebook? Do you get any visitors from it? How many fans do you have?

FarrisFahad, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    3500 is a good number! However, if people aren't visiting your website, then you should change how or what you post. Basically make it interesting and give a link fans can follow for more information.

JEET, Apr 24, 2017 IP
  3. jbbryant

jbbryant Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's quite a good number already, hit 5000 and you'll get more earning potential . If you get to 50,000 that's really huge. You could try to sign for affiliate or CPA programs down if you need to.

jbbryant, Jun 12, 2017 IP
  4. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    3500 fans is nothing. Don't blow smoke up your own ass.

I don't mean that to discourage you, but you're talking about scale. A high performing page will do about 30x reach / fans, meaning at it's peak, you could hope to do about 105K total reach, with a 5% click rate on articles, meaning you could push 5K pageviews per week on a page that size... basically if you did absolutely everything right (you won't).

Keep pushing and growing. We don't consider a page to be "traffic viable" until 100K followers.

VacationCrasher, Jun 25, 2017 IP
  5. linkstraffic

linkstraffic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are asking the wrong question. Think about it :
    • Do you need to bring more visits to your site so you can make new sales ?
    If that is the case then, use FB in addition to your website, not just your websites, create landing pages just for Facebook...
    If you have targeted fans then use them directly, you don't need to add any other step in the process of making sales.
    However if you don't want to sell anything, then, well add relevant articles which are posted onto your site and linked from FB.

linkstraffic, Jun 26, 2017 IP
  6. debbie hansen

debbie hansen Member

Best Answers:
    How did you get your 3500 likes? I believe this should already be a good number if all of them engages with your content or buy the products you are posting. If these are bought likes, even if it millions, you will never get a single click from it. FB's algorithm is also changing and pages with big fan numbers doesn't really have a good traffic especially if the likes came from fakes or not targeted (like for like.)

debbie hansen, Jun 26, 2017 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The question is way, way too vague.

If your niche is really specific you might have 100% of the people liking your page already and there's no more growth.
    If one sale will give you enough work to last a year then your sales proposition is completely different from if you are earning $10/sale and need to make hundreds of sales.
    You need to see how your facebook audience relates to your product - if it's a match then you can start testing penetration levels and stuff, but if it's not then you have lots more work to do.

sarahk, Jun 26, 2017 IP
  8. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi guys. Thank you for your replies. I got my fans from advertising on Facebook, Today I have exceeded 20k fans. But to be honest, you can't get much traffic from your fan page. That's because the reach is low. Even though I have more than 20k fans, I only reach 1,500 for an image, and 40 for a link. And I get anywhere from 2 to 12 visitors a day. It's not much. What would you guys do to drive traffic from Facebook? I have found the pages like 9Gag and imgur post every hour. They post one link then one image then one link, and so on ...

FarrisFahad, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  9. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    As I said, we consider 100K to be the minimum viable size to drive real traffic. Here's real world numbers:

FB Page 1 (900K fans) - 1.45M pageviews
    FB Page 2 (500K fans) - 597K pageviews
    FB Page 3 (400K fans) - 800K pageviews
    FB Page 4 (40K fans) - 90K pageviews

We have other pages, but this shows you that it takes plenty of fans to generate real traffic. I'd say a safe assumption is - assuming you have good content, good engagement, and are posting 3-5 times a day - you can get 1 pageview per fan per month.

That's a little below what we're seeing so likely a good rule of thumb.

VacationCrasher, Jun 27, 2017 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  10. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for that :)

Can you please take a look at my Facebook page and give me some tips?
    Here is the page: https://www.facebook.com/PicturePunches/

11. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    If there's no text on the page - just a picture and no real content - there's not a whole lot you can do. Facebook will hate that page. They've repeatedly said they want thorough content, not just pictures.

If you're going purely pictures, you need to build a MASSIVE audience with almost no effort to get them over to your page for now other than a link on the page and probably 1-2 posts a week reminding people to go there and hope you end up with a community like imgur (who had Reddit to help them build).

Also, your cover image is spam as far as FB is concerned. Make it something about picturepunches, not about making money through ad impressions.

That's just top of the head observations.

VacationCrasher, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  12. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks! PicturePunches offer it's visitors the ability to make money from selling ad impressions. A lot of people did not understand that, what did you understand when you first saw the cover?

13. wakeywakey

wakeywakey Member

Best Answers:
    I'm very interested in FB but I'm quite new. Can you explain this a bit more for me?
    Your last "Page 4 90k pageviews" for example.
    This means that you have 40k page likes (not posts likes) which will convert into 90k page views is this correct?
    If so, how does one convert this into making money?
    I presume by trying to send these 90k pageviews to your website or store?
    But, how many many pageviews convert into sales?

wakeywakey, Sep 13, 2017 IP
  14. Swopnil

Swopnil Peon

Best Answers:
    I see your page is really not getting any visitors despite having more than 20k followers. I don't have any page or followers like yours but as a fellow Facebook user.I can give you my opinion so i hope you wont judge. How about trying this method? First invite your friends and family to like your pages and posts.
    then your friends will bring more members(their friends) to your page and they might like it and start to view your page daily. but try to post even more interesting posts to attract them to your page daily. Try to find out what you can do to attract their attention daily. Hope you will get better results in further days.

Swopnil, Sep 13, 2017 IP
  15. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you must focus on what its the best content for my fans instead on how many fans to get traffic .People are always interested in quality and if you give them value you can get traffic also with a little smal number of people

Spartan14, Sep 14, 2017 IP
  16. Profit Donkey

Profit Donkey Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That's true in a way. I mean I totally agree about the content quality part.
    However, Facebook algorithms limit the organic reach. Simply because Facebook became overcrowded over the years. It's not possible to show all posts from followed pages in a person's feed.
    That's why many times you have to do Facebook advertising to get some actual reach and that's why organic reach is limited even if you post great content.

Profit Donkey, Sep 15, 2017 IP
  17. ImLover

ImLover Member

Best Answers:
    I give you a bad new buddy. In 2017 you need more than 100,000 fans to get some traffic from your posts. In 2011 with 100,000 likes you were a rich man. Unfortunately Facebook reduced organic reach of the posts.

ImLover, Oct 10, 2017 IP