1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many DP members are anti-american?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by alstar70, Apr 4, 2008.

?

Are you Anti-American

1. No - inside me there is an American trying to get out

37 vote(s)
    60.7%
  2. Somewhat - never did like their SUV's

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. Mostly - although I do like Disneyland

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Yes - let the Jihad begin!

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
  2. archetekt

archetekt Active Member

Best Answers:
    The US government is out of control with their spending and get in debt policy. Their foreign policy has gotten us into so much trouble it looks like need a revolution to get out of it, The people need to take back the government. This government no longer serves the will of the people rather the will of big corporations and international bankers.

Which current candidate is of quality leadership material?

Hillary? Commander in Chief? Not!!
    Obama? No experience. Not
    McCain? Maybe but too much like the current administration.
    Ron Paul? YES!!

archetekt, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  3. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    Without reading the rest of the replies, therefore answering you directly, I'm not anti- American as such.

I'm from the UK and have travelled fairly extensively across much of the western US - 14 states in total, driving many thousands of miles and meeting en route some rather interesting characters along the way.

For the most part, Americans are just like anyone else, anywhere else in the world.

It might be considered a little unfortunate that they have a tendency to believe a little too willingly at times, their mass media machine, knowing not, often, who the real puppet masters are that are pulling the strings to keep the majority of them 'dumbed' down, ready to believe initially, anything they are told by the powers that be. Quick critical thinking is not their forte sadly. However, this is no reflection on them as people, who for the most part are very decent overall.

As for their international policies, these leave something to be desired, although again, the Americans solely are not to blame for this.

Personally I think the real crux of a lot of the world's troubles stems from in total three separate key locations - Vatican City, The City and The District of Colombia, Washington, the three central powerhouses of the banksters.

It's too easy to simply shift the blame onto Americans all the time per se, when these three locations play such an important role, often hidden away from sight of public scrutiny.

In a nutshell.

If I elaborate, I'll be writing a book and will never stop. ;)

Magawr, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Where's gauharjk?

browntwn, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I go overboard because I grew up in Europe and my own opinions were in the minority, I got used to having to fight and raise my voice in order to be heard.

Blogmaster, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  6. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I support the United States as a country and I believe strongly in the vision of a new nation set out by the Founders. However, I believe it is a travesty that we have strayed so far away from the Jeffersonian ideals that once made this nation proud and strong.

Also, World War Two was a continuation of World War One - and the man you have to blame for it is Wilson. Thanks League of Extraordinary Nations (Starring Sean Connery as the world in his role of not giving a damn). Had Teddy Roosevelt been elected, we would have fought in World War One earlier, demolished the Germans, and avoided a Second World War in Europe. However, it would be likely that we would have faced Japan later on, and perhaps the Soviet Union would have taken Germany's place.

Anyways, history happened. Future hasn't. Look ahead for the future, but look back for the lessons.

Jackuul, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  7. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    He who fails to learn from the past is doomed to repeat it.

I.E. oil went spastic in 1970's - economies tanked - oil is going spastic now - guess what's next!

alstar70, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  8. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    It's rather politically incorrect to use that word here 'spastic', which is rather unfortunate at times, since it rolls off the tongue so well with a British accent.

Many times I've wanted to use it but have had to refrain myself. :D

Magawr, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  9. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    spastic is no longer really the main term used for that particular disability - so the term is free to use - means totally uncontrolled. The English language is always on the move - Bum - used to be an offensive term when I was a kid, now its 99% acceptable.

Feel free to use it man - other words people often use - Man I was BLIND last night (drunk),

alstar70, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  10. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't start me off, whatever you bleedin' do! :D

Magawr, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  11. thefreebielife

thefreebielife Peon

Best Answers:
    This HAS to be a joke?

thefreebielife, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  12. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is both a serious and humorous side to the poll

alstar70, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    the PC term is epileptically challenged

Blogmaster, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    'Ah, no, sorry.. two totally different wars, to totally different reasons for starting.

Mia, May 14, 2008 IP
  15. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    economies also recovered BETTER than before they tanked.....

d16man, May 14, 2008 IP
    Mia likes this.
  16. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anti-American? Of course not! I live in America. Do I hate the government? Of course I do, sometimes. I don't hate it all, just the politics and the crappy scandals like my state's Attorney General resigning due to a sexual relations scam and President Bush who happens to be horrible. Ohio is where things like my former governor Bob Taft was one of the worst in the nation, worse than California's!

Stroh, May 14, 2008 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Good point!

Mia, May 15, 2008 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    The way that it should be. No matter where you live, there have to be times when you get pissed off because all leaders make mistakes that effect you personally.

The problem comes in when people become victims and play the blame game.

That is when you have a bunch of losers giving up and pointing the finger at whoever runs their country using that as an excuse to lean back and do nothing but complain.

America is the leading nation of the world, so unlike countries such as Ukraine (just an example), the entire universe pays attention to it and points out mistakes made.

The U.S. has done an excellent job since WWII preventing worse things from happening.

Seriously, I have grown up in Europe and have absolutely zero tolerance for the whole "benefit from the U.S. and trash it whenever things go wrong" game.

America needs the support of the world. Unfortunately too many nations out there are only out for themselves and it shows in this thread and on international news.

Mike

Blogmaster, May 18, 2008 IP
  19. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If it wasn't for Ronald Regean defeating the evil empire the Berlin Wall would have never come down.

But back in the 80's the Europeans couldn't get enough of trashing Reagan.

bogart, May 18, 2008 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I remember them calling him a total idiot, just like they're doing now with Bush. Not saying Bush is doing everything right, just mentioning some strong similarities here.

Blogmaster, May 18, 2008 IP