1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many domain do you have? What do you do with them?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by vgps, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    well over 60 domains but only few developed.
    im working on rest will launch them soon.

Oranges, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  2. vgps

vgps Peon

Best Answers:
    @FHI
    "I'm sitting on a bunch of .me domains in hopes that they will someday increase in value."

You are sitting on a bunch of .me domains, --> I am sitting on a bunch of .com domains and waiting for my renewal bill to come :-(

Wish you success with .me domains. It seems that we are making domain companies like godaddy become richer day by day if we are keep sitting on our domains.

@gingerbreadweb
    <<<
    I sit and admire them, thinking they are my ticket to riches and deluding myself into believing that someone will one day offer me lots of money for them. Then renewal day comes around and threatens to destroy my bank balance, thus forcing me to panic and release lots of them. Then the next time I have some money to spare, I go and register another load of domains. This is pretty much my yearly domaining routine.
    >>>

Stop dreaming about domain rich ticket, go and see your doctor.

You need the doctor to fix your addict to "buying domain" like me.

At the time I write this statement (03-Nov-2008), I just buying another domain www.refreshdomain.com --> So I think I am really addict to buying domain --> loose money when renewal day come.

I can not stop myself from buying :-(

@infilta
    <<<
    jeez, domain collectors you annoy me ... not you guys posting here in person probably, but the concept of buying domains that are not used and are collecting virtual dust... Any time you look for a domain, only 10% of the times it's used by a company or organization, the rest of the times they are just parking pages... collecting couple cents a month in ads revenue...
    >>>

I can understand why people are collecting virtual dust to their domain. They are try to increase pagerank by try to pretent to the google's bot that their page have a lot of rich content with a lot of keyword, but I could not understand why people just park their domain if parked domains just earn few cents from ads by month?

@Mega B
    <<<
    I have about 60 at the moment and most of them are up and running in some form or other i think about 5 are just sitting gathering dust so to speak but like most people have plenty of ideas but not enough hours in a day
    >>>

Yes, like you, I have a lot of ideas but do not have enough time to develop so I have to look for auto posting solutions to make use of domains.

@all
    Just to share with all of you, since all of you seems work very hard, I tried to work as hard as you --> during last weekend, I finished learning PHP language and come out with my own auto posting solution. Now I already setup few of my domains run on auto pilot. But I have another problem:

After find out how to automactic refresh my websites with good content, I can not stop my addict to buy more domain --> so I just bought www.refreshdomain.com Actually, I tried to buy some thing similar to autoweb, autosite, autopost, autorefresh... but all of them are taken so I end up with www.refreshdomain.com , I am planing to sell my auto posting solution there or sell all my domains there. Do you think my idea is doable?

vgps, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  3. Pareto

Pareto Peon

Best Answers:
    I have several hundred. I used to have them all parked and made a decent amount of monthly $$$ from them. However, since developing them (using some internal, proprietary technology I created), I have seen revenue increase by 5X - 12X, making from a nice cash flow stream.

In my opinion, at this stage of the domain industry, you have to look at your domains as income producing properties (like apartment buildings) vs. speculative, flipping opportunities (like raw land). Sure, there will be opportunities that emerge to sell individual domains. If you have developed your domain, the amount of $ you will be able to get in a domain sale will likely be higher.

So, developing your domains give you the double win of higher monthly revenue and the potential for a higher selling price when the time comes.

Pareto, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  4. jiggymehta

jiggymehta Peon

Best Answers:
    I got around 70..some under development..some parked

jiggymehta, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  5. gdi

gdi Peon

Best Answers:
    more than 10+ ,
    most of them are developed, but 3-4 are used for link farm to my other blogs :)

gdi, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  6. blestmrsmooth

blestmrsmooth Active Member

Best Answers:
    check out nichespace they will set up a website free of charge which includes all your affiliate links and adsense account their is 60% sharing with the webmaster.

blestmrsmooth, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  7. megadeth199

megadeth199 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have 10 domains name hosted by godaddy and 1 more with iweb.

megadeth199, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  8. rpanella

rpanella Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've got a few thousand and they are all parked and waiting for end user offers :)

rpanella, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  9. SiberForum

SiberForum Banned

Best Answers:
    I wonder you keep them with one domain name registrar?
    Just curious..

SiberForum, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  10. WordpressSkins

WordpressSkins Peon

Best Answers:
    30++ all in one registrar

some are banned by google, around 20 are working ;)

WordpressSkins, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  11. SEOAnalytic.com

SEOAnalytic.com Member

Best Answers:
    I have 4 domain names. 3 of them are functional websites, one the the domain names redirects to one of those websites.

SEOAnalytic.com, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  12. megadeth199

megadeth199 Active Member

Best Answers:
    4 are website and others are in park at sedo

megadeth199, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  13. Twoism

Twoism Active Member

Best Answers:
    A couple hundreds. about 70% parked at whypark, I invest mostly in brandable names which usually do not generate much traffic on its own, therefore whypark and their content generator is perfect for me.
    I have written an article of ways to monetize domain names.

Twoism

Twoism, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  14. Biggy Fat

Biggy Fat Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just buy several at a time, but I just turn around and resell them on eBay.

Biggy Fat, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  15. fm1234

fm1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    At any given time I have between 1,200 and 1,500 domains, with 300-350 of them having sites on them and the rest having crap static pages that are (imo) just barely above parking pages in quality, but which do better in garnering SE traffic and marginal revenue compared to parking.

Generally I do not use scrapers or autogenerators for content; just put up very simple content on newly registered or acquired domains and wait to see which ones get real traffic/revenue before I invest heavily in development.

Frank

fm1234, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  16. Jaynesh

Jaynesh Peon

Best Answers:
    I have about ...... 5.

Just sitting there.

Jaynesh, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  17. SiteDirectoryIndex.Com

SiteDirectoryIndex.Com Peon

Best Answers:
    I have about 15 now had more but renewing them helps cut them back.

I try to buy the ones I think someone would search for while trying to find a site.
    Hopefully those all end up at my sites :D

I have heard that if a domain name is not registered for more than 1 year at a time the search engines do not give it the credit due. ?
    I have quit buying them for now and just try to work with the ones I have and develop them.

You can make a good buck if you are clever enough to pick a good one somebody will pay big bucks for. I do not buy them to resale just for my own use.
    Mark

SiteDirectoryIndex.Com, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  18. Tim_Myth

Tim_Myth Peon

Best Answers:
    I currently have about 50. ~10 are fully developed sites, but the other ~40 are sitting at WhyPark generating income. I guess I could technically say that several of the WhyPark sites are fully developed as well since they are earning money. I have plans to create a bunch of subdomains and point them at WhyPark too, but time is in short supply for me. :(

BTW, if you have a few unused domains and are able to create subdomains, I have a tutorial on pointing subdomains to WhyPark on my site: http://www.timmyth.com/page.cfm/id/39785. There are a few other really handy tutorials there that were developed because of WhyPark member suggestions.

Tim_Myth, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  19. mudguts

mudguts Peon

Best Answers:
    i lost count after 100.. I use a few.. but what I mainly do is buy them for friends and family (I have a domain name server in NYC so it's no skin off my back).. i show them how to set up blogs and let them goto town.

I've sold a few here and there.. some are just 'catch-alls' that generate adsense dollars. The one, stayner.ca, is the name of a small town in Ontario Canada and it drives a good $40-$50 a month in adsense dollars and I hardly touch it.

being a serial entrepreneur, I get these ideas to start busiensses with the web all the time.. then I get bored about halfway through and just let the domain sit. Which is a real shame as some are 7-8 years old and generate a bit of traffic.

some samples are:
    TheOutsideGuide.com
    Joysix.com
    TradeMyGadget.com
    FiveMinuteDates.com
    GreenR3.com
    Me2Blog.com
    Blogallo.com
    NAbuyer.com
    r3-x.com
    sellontario.com
    TheWinnersGuide.com
    TXT4LUV.com
    WiFi2Me.com
    Yeatalk.com
    yummydiva.com

and a bunch of .net, .ca etc. etc.

if I didn't make cash with them, the wife would kill me.

mudguts, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  20. mo.asghar

mo.asghar Banned

Best Answers:
    I have 4 of them and i guess the more domain names u have the better your webring is
    Cheers

mo.asghar, Nov 11, 2008 IP